Contest of the Month - Micro tale writing contest!Few words, when put together, give the complete picture of a full story. They generate lots of meaning and impressions. They are nothing but Micro tales, in simple words, extremely short stories.
a) "He looked at her. But he never knew that the eye contact was the curtain raiser for their introduction which leads to falling in love; the Love is the foundation for their marriage and the Marriage is the key factor for his successful life". – Jagdish
b) "Set out to explore the new city, She strolled around the lanes
Suddenly she heard him, a stranger's voice, 'Excuse me. Can you tell me the direction to the central library?'
'Well, let's find it together', she replied." – Shruti Sahini (Courtesy- 'Pocketful of Stories')
Micro tale writing is an art. Why can't we explore from our enthusiastic ISCians their creativity to put their thoughts in a Micro tale mode? This Micro Tale contest is meant to tap your talent and the inherent potential in you and just post your response here.
To participate in the contest, what you have to do is –
1. Just post your thought/Micro tale here as a response to this thread and it would be considered as your entry.
2. You can post up to a maximum of three entries and the word limit is a maximum of 75 words only for each entry.
3. Each entry should be posted as an individual entry only, so you should post three separate responses in this thread if you are posting three Micro tales. As you can submit only two consecutive responses in a thread, just wait for the response of others, if you want to post your third entry.
4. No need to give a title to your Micro tale.
5. All members including Editors can participate and all the entries would be awarded suitably.
6. No absurd language is allowed and any response other than entries would be summarily rejected. Queries, if any, may be sent to the author of this thread via the ISC Message mode.
7. The First Prize would carry a reward of Rs.100/- and the Second Prize would be of Rs.75/- with a Consolation Prize of Rs.50/-. The Number of prizes would be decided later based on the number of entries received.
8. The closing date of the contest is – 31st May'19.
Hope you all are keen on participating. Why wait - start writing!