You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The student and the parliamentarian

The elections are over and the result is out. It's time for the new session, new lessons and of course a new class teacher. It's somewhat like the atmosphere in a school where the students are excited after being promoted to a new class. They will have new friends in the form of new MPs elected this time inside the house as if new students are admitted in a class. Lessons will be absolutely new because they have to start afresh and a new class teacher is the speaker of the house. Here the role of the class teacher is limited and the students make the most out of the sessions. They shout, taunt each other and quarrel. There are specific seats for each of them and I remember, during our school days, most of us used to sit at the same place inside the classroom. Occasionally friends changed their seats based on their alignment with others because during childhood making and breaking a friendship was a regular affair. In parliament or assembly also we witness few politicians change their allegiance and sit with the other groups. One stark similarity between students and many politicians is they behave in an immature way on many occasions and faces all-round criticism. Members, how do you find this comparison? If you think it's acceptable then you can add more to the list.
    I feel class students are more disciplined and they behave much better. The class teacher will control them and the students respect the class teacher. But in Lok Sabha or Assembly MPs and MLAs never behave in a disciplined way. They behave very bad and no respect for the teacher ie speaker.

A good student will study and try to get maximum marks. He wanted to get promoted to next class. But an MP or MLA never try to see that the very purpose of his being there will be served. He wanted somehow to manage the issues and get personal benefits.

So I feel there are many differences between the class students and Parliamentarians. If really all MPs behave like students and see that they fulfil all the promises made to public the country will progress very well. But many of these MPs don't have that sincerity.

drrao
    always confident

I think we remains a student through out our life irrespective of our position and status in society as well as our field of work. I have also a dream that one day i will also become member of Parliament and will take part in debates out there and my suggestions and comments will be taken seriously in law-making process. I always listen to speeches of many learned Parliamentarians like P. Chidambaram, Arun Jaitley, Venkaiya Naidu, PM Modi etc. and i must say that they're worth listening. We may learn a lot.
    "Words are precious, ought to be used wisely." - Umang Shah

An interesting comparison by the author between a group of students to that of the politicians sitting in the parliament. In parliament, speaker manages the discipline while here the teacher is responsible for that and in its absence the monitor or class representative. The uproar and pandemonium in a parliament is just like the hue and cry in a classroom. The only difference is that in the classroom it is not aligned to some objective of the concerned party while in the parliament everything has some deep meaning behind it. In classrooms the fight is only a temporary one and to be forgotten quickly most of time enveloped by the childhood innocence while in the parliament the fight is the real one and more shrewd a politician is more he will be successful in his endeavours.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments