You must Sign In to post a response.
Share the excitement as the 2019 Cricket World Cup begins!
  • Category: Cricket

2019 Cricket World Cup starts today! Give live reports, discuss results and team performances

Plenty of cricket fans out there will be glued to their TV screens and other gadgets to catch all the excitement of the 2019 Cricket World Cup which begins today!

In this one thread we, too, will share the excitement. You can discuss prior to a match which team you are supporting, analyze why you think a particular team will win, your expectations of individual players, the performance of the team once the match is over, any interesting happenings on and off the field during the match, etc.

Don't forget to keep a lookout for a fun prediction contest a day prior to every game of team India - and let's cheer for the Men in Blue!
    England or Australia or South Africa will win the World cup. Today match England will win against South Africa...Steve Smith will emerge No.1 batsman or Highest run getter in the WC-2019.
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Today : 30 May 2019
    Match : England vs South Africa
    Stadium : The Oval
    Timing : 12:30 IST
    As England is playing at home has more advantage than South Africa. Both the team are a strong contender for this world cup. As for me , this match, I am with England.
    Prediction : England 60% & South Africa 40% chance of winning today's match.

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Our team's journey will start with a match on 5th June 2019. Our team is also in good form and Dhoni made a century in the warm-up match and our people are eager to perform well. I think our team will also perform well and reach at least finals I hope. I wish all the best to the team.
    In the match that is being played today England is having the advantage of home ground. Chances of England winning the match are high.

drrao
    always confident

England is about to win the first Match Scores SA -183/7 ENG: 311/8
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

England won the match so easily. They played like a champion and I am having a feeling that they are one of the favourites this time.

Player of the match: Ben Stokes for his performance with ball and bat.

Congrats...

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Yes, England won the match very easily. The host team took the full advantage of the home ground, supporters and the known condition. But this is only the beginning of the day. South Africa may return very strongly.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

And begins the action with England registering a first comfortable win against South Africa!

But I always believe SA a great team to come back. I hope they show some phenomenal cricket performances and entertain the crowd.

This world cup we'll be having some great fun on the field of cricket with some experienced cricketers as well as a new energetic talent who will be seen in action for the first time in WC.

Let's enjoy the game!

In 2011 India won the WC-2011 in Home Conditions...

This unpredictability tag cannot leave this team. Pakistan bundled out for 105 in 21.4 overs!

West Indies looking very stable with the bowling department.

Great performance WI! Keep rocking.

It will be interesting to see whether Pak will be able to defend this meager total or not but most probably West Indies looking favorites for this match.

Pakistan will start the tournament like this(even in champions trophy) they raise from down to up...

I am not sure conditions of other teams but as far as our Indian team is concern, i can see that for the first time, the team sounds well-balanced, confident because of synergy between Captain Virat Kohli and Unofficial Captain M S Dhoni. When the team behaves like a team, no one can beat them and therefore, for the first time, i am confident on our Indian Cricket team.
    I am so happy today that Pakistan lose the game miserably against West Indies. One more terrific defeat was of South Africa yesterday against England. England sounds performing well on its home ground. Now, just waiting for our match and eager to see the form of our Indian Cricket Team.

"Words are precious, ought to be used wisely." - Umang Shah

India failed in paytm series with this team. India failed to deliver an unofficial match with this team only against New Zealand So, wait and see maximum India will reach Semifinals. The formidable side is ENG and AUS and Darkhorse is SA.

World Champions Aus is taking on Afganistan (Minnows). Australia will be victorious...

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.