You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Eid Mubaraak to everyone on ISC

Logged in early today to wish everyone, especially our Muslim brethren a happy Eid. May it be a day filled with joy, happiness and love. Enjoy your feasting.

The best part of being Indian is that you remain above religion and let the camaraderie take precedence. Is any of you joining in the celebrations with your Muslim friends? I am invited to a friend's place - my husband's coursemate, from his under trainee days. The friendship is 40 years old; we'll be meeting other coursemates at their place. Looking forward to that and of course also the scrumptious biryani, kebabs and seviyan that is served at their place.
    Eid Mubarak! Let this special day spread the message of love and peace. Juana, I am not joining any Muslim friends but will be cooking Beef Biriyani today.
    'Chickens don't praise their own soup'. - Martinican

Eid Mubarak to all. May this festival brings prosperity in everyone's life.

No, I am not joining any Muslim friend for the celebration of the festival. You are lucky that you will be celebrating it at your husband's friend.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Eid Mubarak to all my fellow ISCian, especially to our Muslim brothers and sisters of ISC family. This festival strengthens our relationship at ISC. May this festival bring us joy, happiness and prosperity to everyone's lives.

Once upon a time, I had been enjoying the Biriyani prepared by my Muslim friends. Alas! such a wonderful dish is far away from me now.

No life without Sun

Eid mubarak to all the members of ISC. This is one of the biggest festival of joy and happiness. This is the time when the muslim brothers will celebrate it with new dresses and tasty dishes especially biryani and sevai sweet dish.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Eid Mubarak to all friends . Feel joy and happiness and Muslim sister do not forget to take Eidi from friends and family friends. Enjoy with sweet dishes and pakwan.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Eid Mubarak to all our ISC members. Ramadan is one of the biggest festivals of great joy and happiness. In India, it is a custom that both Muslims and Hindus celebrate their festivals together in a harmonious way.
    Shri Ram Sita temple in Ayodhya is celebrating Iftar party for the past three years for the fasting Muslims in the premises of the temple. Similarly, a temple in Kerala in Malappuram also doing the same thing. So in India in there is a religious harmony is always there among people at all times.

Santosh,

I am a Catholic, not a Muslim, but yes I never refuse eidi when it is offered.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

Eid Mubaraak everyone!

My niece loves non-vegetarian food and took this festive opportunity to enjoy the traditional Iftar meal at a restaurant with her Dad. The meal had a plate of Chicken samosa, Shawarma, Vadas and spring rolls. There was a bowl of Haleem and a bowl of Nombu Kanji. A glass of rose milk and accompaniments of dried dates and a fruit bowl completed the meal. Sharing the photo here-

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Delete Attachment

"Ramadan is one of the biggest festivals of great joy and happiness." - Ramadan is a month of the Muslim lunar calendar which is considered sacred by the Muslims. Ramadan itself is not a festival.

[Edited.]

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Juana,

I don't think Santosh Kumar Singh was addressing you specifically. He was referring to Muslim sisters in general with a typo of the 's' missing.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Wish you all a happy Ramadan to all. Idi Mubarak. It is the festival celebrated by all Muslims with a lot of devotion and happiness. Today will be the last day of fasting for Ramadan month. One of my Muslim friends invited to a get together in the evening today. I am planning to attend the same.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes, I wished my friend (I would not like to mentioned Muslim words) and in return, Just had the sweet "Sewai".
    This Eid is different from all others years, as I can see the real joy and happiness in all people of India.

Wish all the people in India EID MUBARAK.

Eid mubarak to everyone. It is one of the biggest festivals of muslim brethren and is celebrated with much joy and fun. The markets are crowded with all sort of goodies and eatables especially for the occasion of Ramadan and people go to market and make purchasing as per their capacities and enjoy with the children. For the children it is the best occasion giving them new dresses and lot of tasty snacks and dishes. In villages and small towns there are fairs where the shopkeeper from far off places assemble to sell the merchandise at this time and the villagers will also take advantage of the bazaar in their own place.
    Knowledge is power.

Wishing everyone in ISC & their family members...
    Happy, loving & peaceful EID Mubarak

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Delete Attachment

Thank you, members, for Eid wishes; may this Eid fills us with peace, prosperity, and joy now and always!

Wishing all the ISC Muslim member Eid Mubarak. May the festival season be filled with joy, success.

Heartening to see the warm wishes that have poured in. It highlights brotherhood - the true essence of India.

Vandana,
    That's a wonderful spread that your niece and brother-in-law had. For me, Eid has always been about food. And, I have been fortunate. During my childhood, it was food from my dad's close friend Choudhary Sahab and his Begum, and after marriage at my husband's coursemates and shipmates homes.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

Delete Attachment

Eid Mubarak to all of you. I was not regular here for the last month due to the holy month of Ramadan. It was not easy for me to contribute regularly due to fasting. It was very hot in M.P.

I belong to the Bohra community which is a small sect of Muslim. We prepare Sheer Khurma on the day of Eidul Fitra. It is slightly different from savaiya. Sheer Khurma is a very sweet dish to drink. It is prepared by using milk, savaiya and dry fruits.

Honesty is the best policy.

Although Eid is over and I am late in conveying my wishes. Belated Happy Eid to all of you.
    shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.