You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Many people have a habit of praising themselves when they get successful in life. They will say all sort of things that they did to attain the success and share it with everyone. It appears a type of self praise and in fact no one likes such self praising. We should give chance to other people to talk about our success. What they think about it and what are their views on that. We should even tolerate their critical remarks, if any. It is others who should analyse our success.

At the same time many people when they lose in life start making excuses and also start giving a lot of arguments as why they were unsuccessful and tell long stories associated with that. It is not required. People will come to know about it and they will be knowing the exact reasons of failure. A person who has lost in his life better keep silent about it. There is no point in advertising it. If someone categorically asks about it one can give a crisp answer.

What is your view on this? Please share your ideas and thoughts.
    A very sane advice from the experienced Member. We must say less. Our action must speak. Further, without talking, we must learn from our mistakes and losses and success will smile to us.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Looking at this from a different angle, this is a lovely thought to ponder over because wining and losing and man's reaction to these are crucial to one's life.

In real life, it would be difficult to say nothing when we are successful. Children scoring a rank, topping the services exam, getting a coveted job, getting the promotion. All these are a win situation (apart from sports and gambling) where in every human would want to share the joy and exuberance with others. The problem comes when the person becomes self centred, arrogant or obnoxious. One should know the difference these two.

Similarly a person facing a loss would be disheartened and when discussing this with close friends and peers would find valuable advise or methods to get over it. Here again, often we see people depressed when they face a loss (financial,termination from a job, loss of a loved one).

So, I would say express yourself be it a win or a loss but don't go overboard.

True. We see people overreacting when they are successful. Definitely, one will be happy when he is successful and sharing his joy and thoughts with others is not bad quality. But exaggerating the same behaving arrogantly and thinking that he is the best is not correct. A gold medalist saying that he is a gold medalist is required. But mentioning the same thing many times and in places where it is not required is not a good trait. We should not become proud when we are successful. We should behave normally.
    At the same time when you are not successful throwing the blame on something else is not correct. You should accept the result. You have to identify where you have gone wrong and correct yourself. That will take you to the victory. But talking as if you are 100% right and the reason for the loss is something else which is not in your control is not appreciated by anybody.
    In any case, expressing your thoughts and putting your mind openly is not a problem but it should not exceed the limits.

drrao
    always confident

Many people have the tendency of boasting themselves when they win or achieve success. They keep repeating the story again and again. The success story told by others have more value than our own saying.
    "If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

• Sign In to post your comments