You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Girish Karnad is no more

Girish Raghunath Karnad a famous Kannada actor and film director is no more. He is a very well known, director-actor and a play writer also. He acted in many south Indian movies and in Bollywood also. He was struggling with health problems and was in the hospital. After a prolonged suffering today morning he had his last breath in his house and he is no more. As a writer, he got the prestigious Janapeeth award. The central government honoured him with Padma Bhushan award in the yearn1992.

He is survived by his wife Saraswathi, son Raghu Karnad and daughter Radha.

I pay my respect to the deceased soul.
    I remember him most for his role as Swami's father in Malgudi days. R.I.P.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I have also seen the news of the death of the artist in a hospital in Bengaluru today. It is a sad news. He was a fine artist having knack for direction and series acting. He was well recognised for his contributions in Indian cinema. I pray to Almighty for his soul to rest in peace.
    Knowledge is power.

I always hold him in high esteem as an artist. As Swami's father in Malgudi Days he was superb, so was he in a movie titled Swami, directed by Basu Chatterjee. He was extremely educated, which made him a respectable personality. May his soul rest in peace!
    shampasaid

Huge respect & may his soul rest in peace.
    He was famous for Swami's father in Malgudi days & other Hindi movies.

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

We have lost a great actor and director. Let us pray for his good soul to Rest in Peace.
    No life without Sun

My respects for the departed soul. Mr.Girish Karnad, apart from his contribution to the film industry, was a legend in the theatre and had written many books. He also lent his voice and support against the social problems faced by the people of Karnataka.

• Sign In to post your comments