You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Yuvraj Singh announced his retirement from international cricket

Two-time World Cup champion(T20 & 50 Overs) and one of the best limited-overs batsman, Yuvraj Singh has confirmed his retirement from international cricket with immediate effect, in a press conference in Mumbai, today Monday (June 10).

Yuvraj Singh has played in all forms of the game. An all-rounder who bats left-handed in the middle order and bowls slow left-arm orthodox, is the son of former Indian fast bowler and Punjabi actor Yograj Singh.

Yuvraj was the key player in India's World Twenty20 triumph in 2007 & still holds the record for the fastest fifty in a T20I, a feat he managed off 12 balls in the 2007 T20 World Cup against England. This was the same match where he slammed Stuart Broad for 6 sixes in an over.

Yuvraj also contributed in the 2011 50-over World Cup when India lifted the title for the second time after 1983, a long wait of 28 years and was player-of-the-tournament.

Yuvraj has Played :
    One Day (50 Overs) - 304 Matches / 8701 Runs / 36.55 Average / 14-100s / 52 - 50s
    Test - 40 Matches / 1900 Runs / 33.9 Average / 3 -100s / 11 - 50s
    T20 - 58 Matches / 1177 Runs / 28 Average / 0 -100s / 8 - 50s

The all-rounder is thinking of pursuing a freelance career in foreign T20 leagues. Wishing him all the best for this future endeavors.
    A great all rounder. A powerful batsman and a useful bowler.. When Yuvraj is at the crease especially in T20 and 50 over matches, the targets used to appear low. Bowlers used to get scared by seeing his way of hitting. He is a very good fielder also and taken many excellent catches. Such players are rare.
    Anyhow every player will have to call it a day on one day or other. The greats like Dravid, Sachin and Gavaskar also retired. Now it is the turn of him. I wish all the best to him in all his future endeavours. I hope he will have a long and healthy future.

drrao
    always confident

It's a sensible decision, Yuvraj Singh has had his finest moments of glory being a member of the Indian Cricket team and winning the world cup in 2011. He fought back from his illness and showed his mettle. He has announced his retirement and would be playing in the T20 formats. I still love the clips where Yuvraj touches the feet on Sachin Tendulkar to acknowledge his hero. All the best to Yuvraj Singh.

Yuvraj Singh was always the best and will always remain the best. It's sad that this great cricketer had to retire from cricket. He was a real champion and a hero who fought cancer and returned to the world of cricket. A beautiful journey comes to an end!

Yuvraj Singh was best player and he still has capability to play cricket but its unfortunate he taken decision to retire from cricket. He may play IPL in future so we can see his game again but overall we will miss him in International cricket.Anyway all the best for his future and own assignment.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

It's sad that its an end if the career of a very good player. In the past, he was the backbone of the batting lineup of the Indian cricket team.

He took a good decision because he was growing old and there were rare chances of him being included in the Indian squad.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

I have grown watching his innings and he's surely one of the most inspiring personalities of our times. I am a huge fan of Yuvraj Singh and when i used to watch batting of Sachin and Yuvraj, it used to inspire me to become as good cricketer as they are. Eventually, life took a different direction and i am not playing cricket that much but still that passion is still there in my heart.
    Yuvraj Singh has played in all the formats of cricket i.e. ODI, test cricket and T20s and he has performed like a hero in all those formats. He is a hero on both on and off field. His six sixes in six balls of one single over is the record that makes every Indian proud and chest thumbing. His contribution in world cup matches, specifically in 2011, which led to win India world cup will be remembered by Indian Cricket fans for decades.
    He also had fought against cancer bravely and his work for cancer patients is also applauding. So, he is a match winner on off field also.

In my opinion, such heroic personality deserves a special goodbye. It's like end of an era and India will miss his presence on cricket field.

"Words are precious, ought to be used wisely." - Umang Shah

Delete Attachment

One of the finest batsman is taking retirement from the international cricket. He wants to channelize his energies to the freelancing play. A good thought for a experienced player like him. I wish him all the best in his retired life.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Yuvraj Singh has a large following in the country as well as outside and his fans might be a bit sad on his announcement of taking retirement from international cricket. Anyway it is a personal decision and he will be remembered as a first class batsman of our country in the coming times in the history of cricket. He will be going more active in the game in indirectly playing or guiding the other players in country club or overseas matches and I hope that he will earn a good name there also and will have a enhanced reputation as a stalwart in the world of cricket. All the best Yuvraj, for your next innings in life.
    Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.