You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you know that all Govt. and private hospitals of West Bengal are closed today?

A patient Mohammed Sayeed died in NRS Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata. Soon after that:

1. The Hospital was attacked by a violent Mob of 200 People.

2. Rioters came in two lorries to attack the doctors.

3. Mob also pelted bricks.

4. Many doctors and other hospital employees are injured.

5. Two junior doctors are hospitalized. One doctor, Dr. Paribaha Mukherjee, has been so grievously injured that he has gone in coma.

6. The rioters are from the scared community. So, the State Government is pressurizing the doctors to withdraw the strike.

7. In an unprecedented move, all Government and private hospitals of the state has stopped providing indoor and outdoor treatment in West Bengal.

8. A member of the scared community, who happens to be the grandchild of the patient, Mohammed Sayeed, has proudly accepted the charge of violence on Facebook. His Facebook profile prominently says: Pakistan Zindabad.

Pray for the injured doctors. Pray for the common people of the state (West Bengal) who are suffering due to the maladministration of the female version of Muhammad bin Tughlaq. Take a resolve not to allow this terrible woman to return to power in 2021.
    This is a very very sad news that people are attacking the hospitals and obstructing their work flow. What the administration is doing there is a big question. It is completely a failure of local administration.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Sad to hear that doctors are grievously injured and the genuine patients are suffering. Such incidents should be dealt with sternly so that the employees of hospitals small and large can work without the fear or abuse and risk to life.

In India, this often happens, I feel the very negative perception of the healthcare services, in general, is the major reason. Apart from the emotional outburst of anger over the suffering or loss of a loved one, often people resort to physical violence in private hospital to avoid paying the bills and to seek higher compensation.

Doctors and nurses should not go on strike but if your own life is at danger at the workplace what will you do but to protest and make yourself heard. As far as patients are relatives are concerned, we have every right to question what happened but not to take law into our own hands and resort to physical violence.

Why suddenly so much violence and disorder is happening in West Bengal. Is it political or social? It is surprising that the local administration is not trying to control these anti social elements. If these types of things increase manifold then the central Govt will have no option left except promulgating the President rule in the disturbed state. I think the politics of votes has deteriorated the situation in this state and the current leadership is now not able to contain the deteriorating situation. The CM is also losing the grip of the state gradually.
    Knowledge is power.

Well, this is one more example of serious failure of law and order situation in the state and also an example of Muslim appeasement politics of Trinamool Congress (TMC).
    We have evident the number of cases and reports of violence in West Bengal during the time of LokSabha Elections. The so called award wapsi gang and intolerance gang did not uttered a single word for such a situation in Bengal and proved their hypocrisy and also exposed their attempts to malign the image of India.
    The cases of violence and attacks were made on mostly BJP workers and supporters and also Hindus and therefore the suspicion of political violence is obvious.
    Mamata Banerjee have been thrashed many times by Supreme Court for her communal conducts and violating constitution several times and still she has continued to indulge in such low politics and disregarded the verdict of SC. Mamata Banerjee has now failed to develop Bengal. No industry is ready to start their business there because of poor law and order situation. She has failed to maintain religious harmony in society and she infact openly involved in Muslim appeasement politics and disturbed Hindus to even perform their religious rights by banning Saraswati Pooja and Durga Pooja etc. She has also failed to maintain law and order situation in the state and therefore it is time for her to resign and for center to impose President rule.

"Words are precious, ought to be used wisely." - Umang Shah

Not only in this case, but it is also being noticed that the people from a so-called scared community take part in violence if a patient from that community dies. This has become alarming during the tenure of the present Government. The truth must be spoken clearly and unequivocally. Otherwise, the problem can't be solved.

Furthermore, the terribly communal State Government has filed FIR against those doctors for the negligence of duty. This has been done to keep the scared community in good humour.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Mamata and her Trinamool Congress party are very well known for their Muslim appeasement politics. The fault is with the people who have done the violence. Why she should ask the doctors to withdraw the strike? why the people responsible for this violence can't be arrested immediately and put them behind bars? What is wrong with the Doctors? When somebody is not well they will go to the doctor. He will do his best and if the patient dies we shouldn't find fault with the doctor. Doctors are doctors only but not Gods.
    In Telangana, one villager brought a patient to the nearest town and taken him to a doctor. The doctor told him that the condition was critical. But the person insisted that the doctor should treat him. So the doctor tried but the patient expired. Immediately all the villagers came and beaten the doctor. The police immediately arrested the villagers and kept them behind bars and the court penalised them with a heavy fine.
    In West Bengal, the condition of the Law and Order is deteriorating day by day and the state government is a failure. I think the Central government should go for President's rule here with immediate effect.
    Today by any chance something happens to an individual where they will go and who will treat them? Why the State government is not thinking about the common person in the state. Is the government for only for a particular religion but not for others?

drrao
    always confident

Partha, while not trying to justifying the attack on the privileged medical practitioner community and not endeavouring to question their right to protest, may I ask you how this member of the so-called scared community (a new term coined by some fanatic that says it all) died? Was it a natural death? If you are trying to bring in a religious angle to the death and the aftermath, I can cite so many examples wherein irate relatives of patients who (irrespective of their caste or religion) died while under treatment have taken the law into their hands. It is not, never, the right thing to do but then it happens at times and the state governments have to handle the issue with great care.

What is amusing is that we get to see people who are so influenced by the religious angle that they begin supporting the strike by doctors just because the incident is related to the Muslim (let me be clear and not hiding) community. Aren't the doctors responsible to the patients who are admitted in different hospitals and aren't they bound by the pledge they take during their convocation? Just imagine the plight of the sick! Let us not forget that those needing urgent medical attention may belong to any religion and death does not differentiate when it comes to their calling.

I am not, at this point of time, bothered about the leanings of Mamta or anyone. I am just bothered about those who are in different hospitals seeking treatment and those who are waiting for their illness to be diagnosed.

Have we become so ruthless that we tend to justify anything that can be transformed into a goal against a particular community? There is a saying in Malayalam which can be roughly translated to say that " the daughter-in-law must cry even if it means the death of my son". Nothing more to say!

But, a simple query to the author, would you be still praying for the injured doctors and supporting their strike if a close, or even a distant, relative of your's was admitted in one of these hospitals now? God forbid!

'Chickens don't praise their own soup'. - Martinican

The old man from the scared community was brought to the hospital when he had suffered a stroke. He had another stroke when he was being admitted and he died. Immediately his family members assaulted the doctors. Why, only they know. They left the hospital and returned later in trucks along with around 200 community members. They started beating the doctors mercilessly. Dr. Paribaha Mukherjee's injury was simply terrible. I could not look at the x-ray report of his skull for more than 10 seconds.

It is simply a wonder and the brilliance of the doctors of West Bengal that his life has been saved.

The grandson of the dead man expressed his joy and pride in his Facebook post mentioning the assault on the doctors with a slogan of ''Pakistan Zindabad".

This trend has been going on in West Bengal for the last ten years or so. The scared people are resorting to violence in every case of death, both in Government and in private hospitals. They create mayhem everywhere causing the problem to common people who happen to be Hindu and destroy public vehicles. The female version of Muhammad bin Tughlaq silently encourages these scared goondas.

Let us speak the truth. We must not put this dangerous trend under the carpet for the sake of 'sickularism'. We must learn to call a spade a spade.We must not convert West Bengal to Bangladesh.

Latest update:

1. The terrible woman today went to the SSKM Hospital to threaten the doctors to join work within 4 hours. She had earlier lodged FIR against the doctors for negligence of duty to keep the scared community in good humour.

2. The senior doctors have stood with their juniors and they also have stopped working in every Government and private hospitals of the state. This is unprecedented.

3. The four-hour deadline of the terrible woman is over. All the doctors have demanded an unconditional apology from her because she threatened them. Their original demand was to ensure security for on-duty staff.

4. A revolution has started against the communal State Government of West Bengal. Eagerly waiting for its success.

After reading the replies above, I would like to add that.
    Let us not bring communities and political angles to this strike. We had read reports of doctors be manhandled or abused by people belonging to various religions and various parts of the country. In this strike and most doctors/nurses strike, the medical service does not shut down completely. Emergency care keeps on going 24/7 and it includes all specialties.

It is difficult to ignore the reasons for the strike. Put ourselves in their shoes, would we work in an environment wherein we stand a risk to be hit and end up in ICU. People leave borewells and sumps uncovered, children fall and die, do we go hitting the owner or the person drilling the borewell. People end up in a hospital or die after falling from two-wheelers when they hit a pothole, do we go hitting and killing the road contractors or the roadways officials. People have died because of gross mismanagement (water, illicit liquor etc) and the responsible people go scot free, we just file a case or complain to the news channels. But only when it comes to healthcare, some people tend to take the law into their hands. I feel this attitude has to change.

Partha @ 667638, the media reports say that Mamta Banerjee, the Chief Minister of West Bengal (the terrible woman as per your findings), had asked those doctors to vacate the hostel within four hours or to resume duty and not as you have conveniently interpreted. And, is the X-ray of Dr Paribaha available online?
    'Chickens don't praise their own soup'. - Martinican

Mr. Saji Ganesh: Whatever I earlier stated is fully correct. Please don't try to dilute the crime of that woman. After her threat, the condition has further worsened.

All junior doctors of AIIMS and many other medical associations have stood with the West Bengal doctors expressing solidarity. The nurses have also supported the movement.

Mr. Natarajan: "Let us not bring communities and political angles to this strike."---------Why not? It has become an established practice that even a person from that community dies from natural causes, the people create mayhem. In Mominpur-Ekbalpur area of South Kolkata, Hindus regularly experience this in front of four eminent private hospitals. A snake-bitten patient was brought at the last stage to a primary health centre in a rural area after all the religious mumbo-jumbo by a pir (religious man). When the woman died, the primary health centre was ransacked by the community people. Why shouldn't we speak the truth?

My very old and ailing parents are in Kolkata and they are in constant need of medical attention. The strike of the doctors in the hospitals (including private hospitals) has put their very lives at risk. I pray to God for the doctors calling off the strike as soon as possible, but I can't deny the ground reality of the state for the sake of 'sickularism'.

• Sign In to post your comments