You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is the day to celebrate or to calculate?

Dear Members,
    Our Birthday comes once in a year. Is the day to celebrate and enjoy or for calculation of our age?

@ Today is my documented Birth day 18th June.
    Documented? When is your actual birthday? Today is my parent wedding anniversary.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Sun,
    Finally, you lost one more year,
    Birthdays are celebration of losing years!

My Happy Birthday wishes!

Happy birthday wishes to you. I wish many many more such birthdays to you.
    Birthdays are to enjoy and celebrate. Take a review of what we have done so far after coming to this earth. Is it that we are living without harming others? so on and so forth.
    To make resolutions for the coming year. What we want to do and what we want to achieve during this year can also be decided?

drrao
    always confident

A birthday is a time to celebrate the joy of life. The time to thank everyone in your life, from God to parents, teachers, relatives, friends who have accepted you, the way you are. Some are not that fortunate.
    As, during a new year, we make a new resolution, so also, birthday is a time to have a review
    - between what I have accomplished and what can be accomplished?
    -Am I spending my time/life properly?
    - How can I improve my life?
    No matter how things went yesterday, or last year, we always have the capacity to try again and birthday can be used as a reminder.

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

A Very Happy Birthday, Sun! At first, celebrate with your friends and family, then after the party ends calculate from the document about your actual age. We are badly missing your birthday party since you have not invited anyone of us in ISC. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying this fabulous day and hope all your wishes come true. No need to worry about your age, it's just a number.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My best wishes to you on your birthday. So far as the question raised in this thread, I try to take my birthday as an ordinary day, but I fail to do so because, on that day, I celebrate my daughter's birthday.
    "Khamosh rahoon toh mushqil hai; Keh doon toh shiquayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But when I open up, they start complaining.)

Happy birthday. Birth day comes once in a year and is a special day for that person when friends and family members wish him and enjoy the party. This is a tradition in many societies and it gives the people an opportunity to celebrate and ave some fun. The playing of games on birth day is the reminiscent of the childhood games and wearing funny caps and having all childish activities are the things to further confirm that frenzy. Even an old person feels young on his birthday when people congratulate him and wish him a long life and offer him gifts.
    Knowledge is power.

Sankalan.
    Very Many Thanks for the Birthday greetings and also for the birthday cake.

No life without Sun

Wishing you happiness on your special day, Sun!
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Belated birthday greetings to you Sun! Birthdays come and go and we keep becoming older; what is needed to be calculated is whether we have actually grown up with our age.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

Belated happy birthday wishes. I believe that birthdays are when we should calculate, not how much what we have got, but how much is still ahead to achieve and conquer. As it is famously said, we usually overestimate what we can do in one year and underestimate what we can do in ten years.

A very happy birth day Mr Sun. Birth day is definitely a time to celebrate and have fun with family, friends and relatives. So one can calculate ones age on that day but eventually it is time to enjoy that day with fun and frolic. I always look towards them as an opportunity to enjoy with friends.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.