You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Help in Posting reply for sports events.

Hi,

I would like to bring to the notice of the site incharge, editors & the management to please look into this matter.
    I am not able to post a reply in the ongoing cricket world cup thread stating that need to wait for posting new reply. It ask you to use edit but that too sometime doesn't work. Can it be made clear as what is the waiting time frame.
    -Is it an hour or or till another member post something.
    -Even a day is not considered.
    -Giving updates for the ongoing event is for the present & not to provide the update after 4 or 5 match.
    -is it a matter of content?

Can I suggest that for on going events like sports, elections, etc, where we want to provide quick updates, can't this rule be amended. I know it's a long & time consuming process but not that it cannot be modified.
    As per the automated system, one cannot post more than two consecutive responses which means that you will have to wait for another member to post a response before posting your next one. Refer this guidelines thread for details.

As a one time measure and keeping the nature of the thread in mind and also because you are the author of the thread, I will post a response therein to help you out. Hope it will suffice.

Members are requested to extend their co-operation in such threads that may remain active for a longer period. Let us be sportive and keep our interest alive.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

Thank you Mr. Saji for your prompt action & reply but hoping for an amendment in the guideline thread for such threads.
    “Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Varghese, since an automated system has been put in place to avoid members posting consecutive responses, I don't think it would be possible to allow it for selected threads.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.