You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

Slogan and Jingle - The one that helps market a product

We all know that a jingle is a short song or tune used in advertising. A jingle contains one or more hooks and meaning that they use to promote the product or service being advertised, usually through the use of one or more advertising slogans.

We all have heard many jingles or slogans which come to our mind when we think of a product, like
    1. Nike: Just do it.
    2. Coca Cola: Thanda Matlab Coca Cola
    3. Melody: Ye Melody itni chocolaty kyun hai, Melody khaao, khud jaan jao
    4. MDH: Asli Masale Sach sach MDH MDH
    5. Complan: I am a Complan boy / A complete planned food.
    6. Bajaj Tube Lights: Jab mein chota bacha tha, badi shararat karta tha (Jingles)

These are some which I have listed. Now I would request the members to share the favourite jingles or slogan of your time. It can be in any language, provided the product is known.
    A catchy slogan of the Company succeeds in registering their products in the minds of people. Some of the slogans I remember are-
    Amul, the taste of India, BSNL- Connecting India, Pepsi- Yehi hai right choice baby, Rasna- I Love you Rasna, Thumps Up,-Taste the thunder, Bajaj- Hamara Bajaj, Boost- Boost is the secret of my energy, Fruity- Fresh N Juicy, Ceat- Born Tough, Onida- Neighbors envy owners pride, Hero Honda- Desh Ki Dhadkan, Taj Mahal- Wah Taj!

These slogans have become household names.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

Some more are:
    1. Ujala : Aya naya ujala... chaar boondon wala
    2. Hero Splendor - Chalta Rahe Tera Mera Meelon Ka Yaarana
    3. Liril - La La Ra La Ra
    4. Pan Parag - Ghabraiye nahin, hume kuch nahi chahiye! Hum to sirf itna chahte hain ki aap baratiyo ka swagat... Pan Parag se kijiye!
    5. Btex - khujli karne wale btex lagale. Btex lagake tu apni daad khaj khujli mita le.
    6. Atlas Jewellery - "Janakodikalude vishwastha sthapanam" (Atlas Jewellery - "The company crores of people trust")
    7. LIC - Zindagi ke Saath bhi, zindagi ke baad bhi.
    8. Sundrop Cooking Oil - Healthy Oil for healthy people
    9. Colgate - Saanson mein Zinda Dil Taazgi
    10. Lifebuoy - Lifebuoy hai Jahaan, Tandurusti hai Wahan!

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Very interesting post. Yes, slogans are used by companies to attract the customers to its products and people remember them because of their uniqueness. Corporate companies use them, even banks and institutions use them. They are the heart of any advertisement displayed by the various companies. Creative writers generally make them for the industries.
    Knowledge is power.

Now almost all companies started coining their own slogan for their businesses.
    One of the companies in Hyderabad which deals with defence products says " In the service of the Nation".
    These will help them to market their products and they will try to catch the customers attention by these slogans.
    This is the trend of the day.

drrao
    always confident

Some more jingles :
    1. Natraj Pencil - For pencil that last
    2. Boroplus - Twacha ko nazar na lage
    3. 7 up - Nothing does it like 7-up
    4. Goldspot - The zing thing
    5. Boroline - Boroline skin, healthy skin

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.