You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Winners of the Micro tale writing contest!

It's an overwhelming response from the members for this Micro tale contest. There were 68 entries from 27 participants. We thank all of you for your enthusiastic participation and looking forward to your support for such future contests. The prize-winning micro-tales are reproduced below for the benefit of a quick reading.

The First Prize carrying 100 c.c goes to this micro-tale:
    "Auguring he'll be tanked-up after the stag party, he conscientiously left his wheels behind. While assiduously striding home his phone pinged: an endearing message from his young wife, 'Come home soon, honey'.
    Exalted, he began texting an enticing reply, 'I'm nearly home, baby', and stepped off the pavement. The drunken driver never saw him.
    A momentary loss in concentration; a momentous change in destination: he reached home, his final home . . . six-feet under." #665723 By Juana.

The Second prize carrying 75 c.c each goes to:
    1. "Hansa is laughing by clapping her hands! Manu came to her to know the reason. She pointed towards TV "our Pappa & Mummy are on TV". Manu carefully listened to the flash news. It's unbelievable! Became motionless for a moment. How much happy Hansa is? But I can't. Helpless Manu sat near his innocent younger sister and murmured "Thank you GOD for your grace upon Hansa, by sending her to earth as a deaf." # 666415By Kb.

2. "He came running towards her. Her heart skipped a beat. She started walking as fast as she could and his pace equally increased with her'. She finally started running and he ran faster. The isolated road and the dark streets almost killed her.
    He finally reached her, held a hand and said, "did you forgot your purse and my screams went unheard".
    Just then she realized forgetting her purse at the shop she had stopped. She thanked him and he accompanied her till she reached the main road. #666475 by Sushma mewundi

The Consolation prize carrying 50 c.c goes to:

1. "I was hospitalized. He came to visit me with a bouquet.
    "Is he your boyfriend?" the nurse mocked.
    "No! He is my brother from another mother", I replied.
    This society is a master in creating a powerful weapon called 'Rumor'.
    Sadly, that weapon killed our brother-sister relationship too." # 666431 by Soundharya.

2. "Every time, I began to write, why my thought just gets stuck on you? Why I always want to go to the moment when we were just enjoying our lives without any thought of the world. With you, I spent my school days, my college days the friendship which grew into something else. Our relation was so beautiful. At what moment of time, something like caste entered into this relationship of ours?" # 665921by Neelam.

3. "Where am I? In a never-ending race. I don't know how many times I have already asked myself that question. I am running. Running towards where? I don't know. Sometimes I feel the warmth of the sunshine. Sometimes I feel the beauty of the smiles of my friends. Yet in my heart, I know that I am all alone. Heart? Not quite. I meant the dark black void within me that was once my heart." #665756 by Gouranga Kumar Basishta.

4. "As I sat on the shore, gazing across the horizon, watching the Sun disappear into some mysterious place. I wondered if my tears would make it anymore saltier. The waves came leaping as if to swallow me up, just the way it swallowed my Best Friend. But my eyes were fierce, angry at its every leap. As the bloodthirsty waves approached nearer, it just touched my feet and returned to its bosom." #665707 by Neethu.

All the entries including those of winners would be given enhanced points and cc up to a maximum of 25 pts/c.c based on the quality of the post. Congratulations to the winners!
    Congratulations to all the winners. The micro-stories were really interesting.

However, I am curious to know who is Goaurav Kumar Basishta.? Is he a new Member or is there a typographical error?

{Typographical error in the thread corrected. It is Gouranga Kumar Basishta- Editor}

"Khamosh rahoon toh mushqil hai; Keh doon toh shiquayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But when I open up, they start complaining.)

Hearty congrats to all the micro tale winners.

My Micro tale not for the contest.

"ISC organized a contest. I participated. But ISC rejected my entry. I complained and demanded the reason for the rejection. ISC regretted and accepted my entry. I was happy. Sorry, I couldn't get a prize."

No life without Sun

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    "Khamosh rahoon toh mushqil hai; Keh doon toh shiquayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But when I open up, they start complaining.)

Congrats to the winners and the participants. Hope others get motivated and win in future contests.

It was a good contest and hope to see more such contests in the future too.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Congratulations to the winners of the Micro Tale Writing Contest and at the same time I would like to express my thanks to the ISC Administrators for organizing such interesting contests.

My hearty congratulations to the First prize winner, Second prize winners and the consolation prize winners of the Micro tale writing contest. It is good to see a number of members have been given rewards.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to all the winners for securing respective prizes.
    It was a unique contest and I am regretting as I could not participate in the same due to some reasons. Wish to have such contest in future also!

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

First of all congratulations to all winners of Micro Tale Writing Contest and also congratulations to all participants for their response.
    It was a very great contest and I enjoyed the same. Looking for such new concepts in future.

Congratulations to the winners and all the participants. It is good to see many participating in such contest. Thanks ISC for organising new contest every week/month.
    “Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Hearty congratulations to Juana for winning the first prize for the Micro tale writing contest. And also congratulations to the second prize winners and consolation winners.
    Regards,
    Ramya

Congratulation to all the winners of the micro tale contest. It was really a very fascinating contest where you have to show your writing skills, control on the language and the literary angle. The participation was very good and the members have posted excellent entries and editors might had to work hard to decide the winning entries. I congratulate the editors also to sort out so many tales and rank them judiciously. For me it was a new experience as writing a micro tale is not as easy as it prima facie appears. It requires ability to express more in a few words. I really enjoyed in participating in this contest. It was altogether a new experience. Let us have more similar contests in future. All the best.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to all the winners and participants of this micro tale contest. The number of entries reflect the interest and the entries were very good. Some of them would have exceeded the word count (one of my entries did exceed). I think for new contests, we need to read the rules clearly.

It is a very nice idea and the contest went on well. The response is also very good and many members showed their interest and participated actively. I think this type of contests will get the attention of more members. Congratulations to the organisers for organising the contest well.
    I like to congratulate all the winners for getting the awards for best works. All the contributions selected are worth and the judges have done an excellent job. I hope and wish all the winners will continue their good work and win many more such prizes in the coming months. I wish all of them all the best.

drrao
    always confident

My appreciation for Jagdish Patro for coming up with this unique story writing format for a contest. The concept was totally new to me; I was not aware of micro-tales. After reading the contest thread, I googled it and found websites dedicated to it. Some tales were just a few words long, some weren't tales, they were more about emotions and experiences. Another thing that I noticed was that this is an 'Indian' concept, all micro-tale authors were Indians. Nevertheless, it was fun.

It was a real challenge for me, to confine the tale to 75 words - a lot more difficult than it might appear because when I write, I like to let words fly. I use words to express myself. This contest reminded of my school days and precis writing.

I hope you organise more such competitions, and perhaps have a theme based micro-tale, like the TOW.

I just read the winning entries, great work people, and many congratulations on your win.

Thank you for judging my piece for the first prize. And thank you all for your congratulatory messages.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

This was really a very nice and interesting contest and the good thing about it was that the participation was quite large so the entries were many. I enjoyed participating in this contest and it was s new experience for me to write a tale in so few a words. It was really difficult to be so precise and that too for writing a tale. I congratulate all the winners of this contest and hope we have more like that in future. Well done and keep it up.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to all the winners for this award. This contest was a really interesting one. Entries by members were great and for me, it was an amazing experience first time writing in the contest. Liked it.

I must applaud the Lead Editor for such a concept. I thoroughly enjoyed and learned to edit well to suit the word limit, which was a minimum one. Usually, in 75 words or more, we write an intro to any write-up. Almost every micro tale was well-written, but the winning tales are fabulous.

Congratulations to all the winners and my best wishes to the rest of the participants. Such competition must be conducted more often. The creative side gets explored, which is good writing experience. Thanks a lot #Jagdish Patro for giving the writers such a unique opportunity to learn and enjoy the skill of writing.

shampasaid

My congratulations to all the winners of the Micro tale writing contest. It is absolutely a new version to me and it's good to see so many participants came up with fascinating tales within 75 words. It's not an easy task to convey the meaning with so few words though I have tried my hands in the contest and all the entries were really good. My best wishes to all the participants and special thanks to LE Jagdish Patro for organizing the contest in a nice way.

Well done!

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Hearty congratulations to Juana, the winner of the first prize in the Micro tale writing contest, to kb and Sushma, the Second Prize winners and Soundharya, Neelam, Gouranga and Neethu for the Consolation prizes! It was really an interesting and unique contest. All the entries were good and had brought out the creativity in our members.

A word of appreciation for Jagdish for coming up with this new idea and organizing the contest very well.

The rewards as announced have been credited to the winners. The enhanced points and cc to the participants would be credited to their profile.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

An innovative concept, organizational caliber, superb participation, and good quality entries - what more does a successful contest need! Well done to both, the organizer and the participants. Congratulations to Juana for having her entry stand out from so many and being honoured with the top prize. Congratulatory wishes, too, to all the other prize winners, each one deserving of their awards.

The enthusiastic participation shows that Jagdish has a winner on his hands as far as this theme of micro-tales goes. So when's the next one?! Juana's suggestion to have a micro concept for a TOW is also a good one, with a limitation on the number of words - may be 100?

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My hearty wishes to Juana for winning this contest. Also, a very good concept by Mr. Jagdish. Kudos to you for bringing up such a concept. We had this conducted by our English Teacher in our 12th STD, it was fun to participate. I am also glad that my entry was considered for consolation prize.

Congratulations to all the winners once again and also to everyone who participated.

Cash credits are given with enhanced points to all the entries except one. Please check the contest announcement thread. One participant posted his fourth entry beyond the specified validity of three entries, so only his first three entries got qualified for higher c.c and points.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Thank you. Encouraging to note that everyone's effort was recognised and appreciated. Even those who overshot the word count received CC and more than some of those who stayed within the word limit.
    'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

Congratulations to the first Prize winner (Juana), Second Prize winners (Kb and Sushma) and Consolation Prize winners in a micro tale writing contest. Keep on winning Prizes by exhibiting your best in all the future contests. And Congratulations to all the Participants in the contests.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.