Winners of the Micro tale writing contest!It's an overwhelming response from the members for this Micro tale contest. There were 68 entries from 27 participants. We thank all of you for your enthusiastic participation and looking forward to your support for such future contests. The prize-winning micro-tales are reproduced below for the benefit of a quick reading.
The First Prize carrying 100 c.c goes to this micro-tale:
"Auguring he'll be tanked-up after the stag party, he conscientiously left his wheels behind. While assiduously striding home his phone pinged: an endearing message from his young wife, 'Come home soon, honey'.
Exalted, he began texting an enticing reply, 'I'm nearly home, baby', and stepped off the pavement. The drunken driver never saw him.
A momentary loss in concentration; a momentous change in destination: he reached home, his final home . . . six-feet under." #665723 By Juana.
The Second prize carrying 75 c.c each goes to:
1. "Hansa is laughing by clapping her hands! Manu came to her to know the reason. She pointed towards TV "our Pappa & Mummy are on TV". Manu carefully listened to the flash news. It's unbelievable! Became motionless for a moment. How much happy Hansa is? But I can't. Helpless Manu sat near his innocent younger sister and murmured "Thank you GOD for your grace upon Hansa, by sending her to earth as a deaf." # 666415By Kb.
2. "He came running towards her. Her heart skipped a beat. She started walking as fast as she could and his pace equally increased with her'. She finally started running and he ran faster. The isolated road and the dark streets almost killed her.
He finally reached her, held a hand and said, "did you forgot your purse and my screams went unheard".
Just then she realized forgetting her purse at the shop she had stopped. She thanked him and he accompanied her till she reached the main road. #666475 by Sushma mewundi
The Consolation prize carrying 50 c.c goes to:
1. "I was hospitalized. He came to visit me with a bouquet.
"Is he your boyfriend?" the nurse mocked.
"No! He is my brother from another mother", I replied.
This society is a master in creating a powerful weapon called 'Rumor'.
Sadly, that weapon killed our brother-sister relationship too." # 666431 by Soundharya.
2. "Every time, I began to write, why my thought just gets stuck on you? Why I always want to go to the moment when we were just enjoying our lives without any thought of the world. With you, I spent my school days, my college days the friendship which grew into something else. Our relation was so beautiful. At what moment of time, something like caste entered into this relationship of ours?" # 665921by Neelam.
3. "Where am I? In a never-ending race. I don't know how many times I have already asked myself that question. I am running. Running towards where? I don't know. Sometimes I feel the warmth of the sunshine. Sometimes I feel the beauty of the smiles of my friends. Yet in my heart, I know that I am all alone. Heart? Not quite. I meant the dark black void within me that was once my heart." #665756 by Gouranga Kumar Basishta.
4. "As I sat on the shore, gazing across the horizon, watching the Sun disappear into some mysterious place. I wondered if my tears would make it anymore saltier. The waves came leaping as if to swallow me up, just the way it swallowed my Best Friend. But my eyes were fierce, angry at its every leap. As the bloodthirsty waves approached nearer, it just touched my feet and returned to its bosom." #665707 by Neethu.
All the entries including those of winners would be given enhanced points and cc up to a maximum of 25 pts/c.c based on the quality of the post. Congratulations to the winners!