You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

When you go to restaurant with family then what you will think first?

When you go to restaurant with family then what you will think first? I am giving you two option and you can give your own option also. First option you will order things in the way of saving money and second option is you will order whatever you and family member wants to eat even its costly.
    I mostly think to order good things with some saving thinking also. I think you will confuse to answer this question. Thanks in advance.
    We go out with the family members in a specific restaurant to relish the foods served there. Every restaurant has its own speciality and many people go there to taste those special dishes. Now the question is what to order. Is it something like the head of the family chooses the dishes for others and order them or asks the family members to choose their favourites from the menu and then order? If it's the choice of a single person of the family then it entirely depends on that person. If she/he is a foodie then undoubtedly the others like the dishes. But if you are not a foodie then it's always better to ask for the opinion of others while ordering the dishes. Whatever you order please do not waste it and it should not exceed your budget too.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Many will have their own way. The first thing that comes to my mind when we go to the restaurant/ hotel are:
    1. Why have I come - A normal lunch or dinner or is it any special occasion?
    2. Budget - What is the budget that I have and can spend?
    3. People - Who are with me, Family, friends or office colleague?
    4. Time - Is it a Breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner?

Now depending upon the above answer to the above, the food, items and budget will change. Let me put it here :
    1. Why have I come - A normal lunch or dinner or is it any special occasion?
    A : If it just for a change from usual homemade food, then it will be normal food but if it's for birthday or anniversary, the choice will be of the special person.

2. Budget - What is the budget that I have and can spend?
    A : If its a normal visit, a constraint budget but for special occasion, it can go beyond the set budget.

3. People - Who are with me, Family, friends or office colleague?
    A : Your spending and items changes with the group. For family, it is normally the choice of parents or children. With friends, it decided by all, and with colleague, its by the one who is paying the bill.

4. Time - Is it a Breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner?
    A : The choice depends upon the time of visit and so also the budget and items.

Now, when we go out with family, we normally try to go for healthy, latest and the special item of the place. We look for the happiness of our family members(Parents, spouse and children). Items can be added at any time for what matters is not the money but smile and contentment. I think majority will agree with me.

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Whenever we go out for eating we all family members will go together. As soon as we go to the restaurant we will select the available good place and sit. Then I will hand over the menu cards to my sons. They will select the items they like and take our opinion also. Then I will order. While ordering the dishes they will take care that the speciality dishes of that restaurant are covered. My sons know better about the speciality foods of each restaurant we visit. Once we finish our eating I will never forget to have a cup of coffee. My wife will go for a cup of tea. My two sons and two daughters in law will go for ice creams.
    drrao
    always confident

When I enter a restaurant with my family, after getting seated comfortably, I ask for the menu card. Then I ask my family members to go through the menu card and give their choice items. I don't worry about the cost of that item they choose. I and my good lady are very simple eaters. My daughter and son are good eaters trying to taste different varieties.

Earlier, I used to check my purse balance before I enter a restaurant. But these days, I don't, as I carry both Credit and Debit cards in my purse.

No life without Sun

Basically, I eat very less all the time and whenever me and my family visit a restaurant, first I will fix my mind to have more than usual in quantity. Then I will think about healthy food items to choose, cost and ensure there are no food wasted from our table at the end. In the worst case, we prefer packing the excess food rather than wasting it. I'm bit hesitating to give the leftover food to any destitute people and so I will keep It for dogs available in the street.

When I go to the restaurant the first thing which comes to my mind is that we should not waste food and accordingly I order less items and increase them in between if needed. The hotel food is generally very spicy and hot and you will need little quantity and if you order many items then you will not be able to consume it all and either you will have to waste it or carry with you to your home. Somehow this is paying dividend to me in terms of a smaller bill and now I have a good experience as how much to be ordered for a group of such and such number of people. You can also practice this. Remember food is precious and we should not waste it. In some of the high class hotels all the food which is not sold is given to some orphanage and charity. So let us take only what we require and rest let it go for charity.
    Knowledge is power.

When I go with my family in a restaurant what first thing comes in my mind is to select a good item in a budget. I don't order the things whatever comes in mind. It's always better to order the special thing which they have in the restaurant.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Well, in the first place, I shall not visit a restaurant that I cannot afford. I shall only visit one where I can afford to have a sumptuous meal. We usually eat out very less, but when we do, we eat to our heart's contempt!

• Sign In to post your comments