Sequel of eBook writing contest, write chapters and win cash prizes!So, as many of you know that a sequel to this eBook writing contest was announced here. Many of you have registered. The page is still open for registration and hence you can put your names there. Meanwhile here is the list of writers who will write the first 11 chapters. As promised Shampa Sadhya who was the winner of the fourth prize in the previous contest will be writing the first chapter.
Here are the names and order of the chapter writers
1. Shampa Sadhya
4. Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao
5. Sanjeev Gupta
8. Neeru Bhatt
9. Rosie Ray
10. Saji Ganesh
The names of the next participants are as follows:
12. Suman Sahu
13. Partha K.
14. Ajai B Maliackal
So after Umesh has finished next chapter Suman will submit the chapter. After Ajai B Maliackal has submitted the chapter we will shortly announce the name of the writer for the conclusion. He or she will write conclusion and get enhanced cc and points. Therefore he or she will not be considered for the main league of awards like the previous contest.
Here are the pointers that you need to keep in mind before writing the chapter-
1. This time the chapters should be about the life and career of Manushi (the protagonist of previous eBook contest) post her World Cup win. We wish to develop the struggles and achievements of Manushi. It may be completed by her retirement, to be decided later once the story unfolds.
2, Since the eBook is the flow of life of one cricketer, chapter headings may not be given. However, the first author, that is Shampa (or in her absence the next succeeding author) can think of providing a heading to the first chapter. In case, the first chapter has a heading, the next chapters should contain one. In case, the first author doesn't provide heading NONE of the other chapters should have one. Although, please note that there is no separate point or cc for the heading.
3. The maximum word limit for each chapter is 400.
4. Please don't make a mistake with the names of the characters introduced in any phase of the eBook. For example, last time one author, in spite of writing a good chapter was not considered for the final awards due to making a mistake with the name of the main protagonist. One suggestion here would be that all the authors, before writing their chapter should go through all the preceding chapters, instead of going through just the previous one.
5. Avoid slang words or SMS languages while writing the chapters.
6. This rule is the most important. Please post the first chapter at or after 1 P.M. today. PLEASE don't post the first chapter before this time or after 1 P.M. 28th June 2019. In case, this rule is violated, automatically the first chapter written will be disqualified and the succeeding author would get a chance to post the first chapter.
7. After the first author post the chapter within 1 P.M. of 28th June 2019, the second author or next author in line should write the next chapter within 24 hours of the posting of the first or previous chapter. The succeeding author of any author failing to do so would get the next chance to write.
Now, let us talk about the prizes,
Rs 150 cash credits for the first prize winner
Rs 100 cash credits for the second prize winner
Rs 75 cash credits for the third prize winner
Rs 50 cash credits for the fourth prize winner
There will be one consolation prize winner from the set of authors writing the eBook. However, the prize amount has not been decided yet,
There will be one bumper prize winner selected from the top scoring contestants of this contest and the prequel. The prize amount will be announced later.
As you know that no further entries are accepted. All the entries are being scrutinized for the main awards. However, a consolation prize will be awarded to the author of the conclusion chapter. The selected author from the participants who wrote the chapters within time is already informed. He or she will soon post the conclusion, post which this thread will be closed again.