You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Is the ‘One Nation, One Election’ proposal acceptable or not acceptable? -GD- Best Participants!

Though the number of participants in the recently concluded Active GD on the topic Is the 'One Nation, One Election' proposal acceptable or not acceptable? was comparatively less, the discussion could bring out some relevant and valid points, for and against, that need to be taken into account by the government and the opposition if they are to go ahead with the proposal. After having considered all the aspects related to the topic and the GD, the following members have been selected as the Best Participants-

Ramakrishna Kambhampati

Venkiteswaran and

SuN

The selected members will receive a cash reward of Rs 150/- each. All other eligible members will also be given points and cc in their responses to the thread.

Let us congratulate the Best Participants!

Note- It may please be noted that when you decide to participate in a GD, you must make it a point to continue with your arguments so that the GD remains active with different views and opinions. It is observed that some members drop in to share their views and just walk out without continuing their efforts. Maybe one does not want to follow the thread on a regular basis but your presence in between may definitely make the debate more effective. If we take this GD, for example, Varghese and Juana had come up with interesting points but they did not continue with their efforts.

Another point is that one must try to establish his arguments by coming up with convincing points. Even when we bring in points for the sake of argument, we must ensure that we do not defy logic in any sense. Our aim must be to try and prove that our view is correct while trying to unsettle others holding an opposite view. There is no need to introduce the topic because the requirements of the GD are already outlined. The issue of harping on the same point is something that was discussed earlier too and it is reiterated that the same should be avoided.
    Congratulations to all the winners. A good Active GD conducted very nicely and the results are also declared very fast. Thanks to the concerned for the same. I hope the winners will continue their good work and win many more such prizes in the coming days. I wish them all the best.
    drrao
    always confident

It was a very interesting GD and I enjoyed participating in it. Now the results are announced and I congratulate all the winners for their respective awards. Well done and keep contributing in ISC.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

My hearty congratulations to Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Venkiteswaran and SuN for being declared as the best participants of the GD contest. Wish everyone a good luck to win more rewards in the future.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to the winners of the GD of one nation, one election. Wishing them the best for future contests.

The cash rewards and points to the Best Participants have been credited. The enhanced points and CC to other eligible participants have also been added to their accounts.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

OMG! Very pleased to see my name in the list of Best participants in an Active GD after many years. I raised a thread that got converted into an Active GD.

My heartiest congratulations to the other best participants - Ramakrishna & Venkiteswaran and the other participants.

@ One Nation, One Election One Candidate - A cartoon in 'The Hindu' that I enjoyed.

No life without Sun

Congratulation to the winners and hard luck to all who participated. There is always a next time. Thank to Mr. Saji for providing more insight to the conclusion and how a debate should go about.
    This will help everyone for the next debate.

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Congratulations to my Co-winners Mr.Venkateswarian and Mr.Sun. I am very much pleased to see my name in the Best participants list and I feel very happy as I was rewarded for my best efforts. Next time better luck to all the participants of this GD.

I was just wondering why no one seems to be interested in congratulating the best participants. Seems the GD and the results were not acceptable to many.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

Saji,
    Why do you worry about the members' silence/absence and not congratulating the winners? There are many senior members who never turn up to congratulate a member. They feel it below their dignity to congratulate others with a feeling that they are great at ISC and also on this earth.

Even they have ignored the ISC's birthday and failed to wish ISC.

No life without Sun

Congratulations to the winners of the GD. Well done! Some arguments were impressive.

Apart from the winners, I expected a few other participants to be on the list of winners. Some of them could have been given consolation prizes, for the enthusiasm with which they participated.

The results were declared relatively quickly, which is a good thing.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

Congratulations to all the winners! It was good to read different view points from everyone and get more knowledge.

Congratulations to the winners. I went through several posts in the GD and must say they were very illuminating. I am looking forward to participating in such GDs in future.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.