You must Sign In to post a response.
Time to make an emphatic point in our monthly topic-based TOW. What's yours?
  • Category: Reward Programs

June 2019 Topic-based TOW: Point

A point has surely featured at some point in our lives! As a unit in a mathematics lesson, a place in a ranking list, a position assigned in a game, an emphatic note in a discussion…there are, literally, multiple dimensions to a point. So let's see what you can come up with for our month-end topic-based TOW on the word 'Point/Points'. Taking up the suggestion made by Juana made in the winners' announcement thread for the micro-tale contest, let's give it an interesting twist and limit the number of words to 150, but not have it as a micro-tale. After all, a creative piece can be written in an interesting manner with no tales to it.

These are the simple rules:
    1. Each participating member can submit only one entry, the entry to be submitted in a separate thread in the appropriate forum category. Then, submit the URL of that thread in a response to this thread to be considered for the prizes.

2. The entry should be in English only, with maximum of 150 words in the text. The title should include the word point/points but should not exceed seven words.

3. You can write on the topic in an interesting manner. However, note that this is not a story or a poetry contest. So do not submit any tales, poems, songs and the like. We just want text on the topic.

The rewards: Like for previous contests, the prize money is Rs.60/- for the winner and Rs.40/- for other entries selected for special prizes. More than one winner may be selected by the jury panel.

Closing date and time: 6th July 2019, midnight (IST).

Note: At the end of your entry, please give a link to this thread to indicate that it is an entry for the TOW contest.

Update at 12.20noon: Please use the MS Word tool of Word Count (under 'review' tool) to ensure that your text does not exceed the word limit).
    Kindly find my entry for the June 2019 Topic-based TOW: Point
    Point - From where it all started

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Important Note: I have put in an update just now for the word limit. It occurred to me that since members may be using various online tools to check the word count, we will keep it uniform for all with the MS Word Count tool. Please read the update and accordingly submit your entries.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I give below the link to my entry to this TOW:

We can drive a point better with a bit of humour and pun

My TOW entry for POINT
    No life without Sun

My entry for this contest is -
    Our discussions should be to the point

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

My submission for the TOW Contest:

Brownie points are good when earned selflessly

shampasaid

My entry for this month end TOW contest is -
    Beware of the point of no return.

Knowledge is power.

my entry

If everyone talked to the point

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Here is my entry to the contest.

If you have to point out any four things important for you

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

This is my entry for the TOW contest for the Month of June on Point.
    Never argue without a point

drrao
    always confident

My entry to the TOW contest:

Devise correct ways to raise your points

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Please find below the link for my entry-
    Points to be pressed

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My entry for the contest
    What's the Point

Please find my entry for the contest

Meditation reduces your thoughts to just a Point

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.