You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

They are very scared. So, they have desecrated a century-old Durga Temple

Place: Haus Quazi, New Delhi.

A scared man parked his two-wheeler in front of one Sanjeev Gupta's home. Gupta protested. The man used foul words against him. There was a verbal scuffle between Gupta and the scared man. The man left. After a few minutes around 100 scared men attacked Gupta inside his own house. The police was informed. Delhi Police took both Gupta and the scared man to the police station.

Some other scared men started rumour-mongering. They sent a message in Whatsapp that the scared man who was called by the police, was tortured and he died. So, what happened, around 1000 scared men attacked an ancient Durga Temple and desecrated it. It is stated (although not confirmed) that an AAP MLA belonging to the scared community led the mob in this 'great' job.

Now, the sickulars and libus of Delhi are actively engaged in damage-control exercise. They are saying that this was a minor scuffle. The desecration of the temple is a minor matter which should be ignored.

It is quite natural. They are very scared because Modi has come to power for the second time. So, they have started their age-old practice of desecrating the Hindu's religious places.
    People with sane minds are requested to not fall into the trap of Partha's thread whose primarily purpose is to spread hate, flare communal tension and divide our society rather than being genuinely concerned over anybody's life or emotions.

Without knowing who actually vandalized the temple, it is not appropriate to point fingers. The current trend in the country by such Hindu fanatic groups is to do such actions themselves and then blame the minorities to gain political mileage.

All are requested to wait for more information before pointing fingers like such members.

"Without knowing who actually vandalized the temple,......"-----------Bravo! Those who desecrated the temple were shouting some Arabic slogans like 'Nara-e-taqdir'', "Allah-o-Akbar". This is for information. And Partha is spreading hatred and those who desecrated the temple were spreading love!

Another libu is working full-time, trying to control the damage. I know that the libu would get Rs. 5/- for this damage-control exercise.

"Khamosh rahoon toh mushqil hai; Keh doon toh shiquayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But when I open up, they start complaining.)

Partha, is it too late to forget who masterminded antinational slogans in JNU? And why use masked adjectives when it comes to Muslims? Why don't you dare to be specific? The story you (or someone else who is interested) have created in this thread is too exaggerated to be believed.

It is not about being liberal (libu and what not) Mr Partha, it is all about being wise and logical.

And we, as editors, do not allocate cash rewards or additional points as per our inclinations or whims and fancies because we respect our members, their views and ideas. The very fact that you made a sarcastic mention of the same at #669423 is sufficient to expose your negative attitude.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

I am not saying that the Temple was not desecrated nor would I say that it was not done by the Muslims. But to say that a Temple was targetted and attacked just because a Muslim youth was not allowed to park his scooter in front of (some) Sanjeev Gupta's house does not appear very convincing. I am reminded of the famous dialogue, 'Picture abhi bhi baaki hein, mere bhai' (a lot remains to be said and explained).
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

1. "The story you (or someone else who is interested) have created in this thread is too exaggerated to be believed. "----------------Is the Lead Editor too busy to go through the Times of India, Delhi Edition, of 2nd July, 2019? Let us keep aside other periodicals and online magazines. There is news that a Hindu boy of 17 was abducted after the desecration of the temple, but I did not mention it because it has not been confirmed by the Police.

2. "And why use masked adjectives when it comes to Muslims? Why don't you dare to be specific?"-----------This is to create sympathy for the scared people. The sickus and libus told us that the community is very scared because Narendra Modi has come to power for the second time. I don't want common people to forget that. These are the things the scared people generally do.

"Khamosh rahoon toh mushqil hai; Keh doon toh shiquayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But when I open up, they start complaining.)

Further, the perfect example of damage-control exercise is: "The current trend in the country by such Hindu fanatic groups is to do such actions themselves and then blame the minorities to gain political mileage."-------------I know that the Member is eligible to get Rs. 5/- for this insinuation against the majority community. He has proved himself to be a true libu.

Partha, please avoid demeaning yourself. I just can't understand why you are so worried about the cc and points to someone who deserves it. I have already clarified the matter but as usual, you have selected to ignore what I said in that regard.

Harping on the point of a member being awarded some cc and points and to say that me, as an editor, do so because of my bias surely shows you in poor light as an individual.

And what do you mean by 'damage control exercise'? The 'libus or sickus' as you term them (and they are least bothered about this ignorance) may not be aware of such tactics.

You say that the issue has been reported in the Times of India. I could not get it by searching on Google. Please provide the link. Let us know the details before jumping into conclusions.

Note- Partha, avoid Caps. it is not permitted.

1. Mr. Saji Ganesh: I demand allocation of negative points to the Member who has stated that Hindus themselves desecrated the temple. Can you do it? Can you allot yourself negative points as you have stated that I exaggerated, when I didn't mention those things which were not mentioned by mainstream media, which is itself very selective?

2. "And what do you mean by 'damage control exercise"-----------Go through the Twitter timelines of some liberals who always talk about lynching. See how they do damage control exercise by not giving importance to desecration of temple.

3. "It is not about being liberal (libu and what not) Mr Partha, it is all about being wise and logical."-------------Let us forget to be logical when being logical causes destruction of our religious places and dishonour of our womenfolk (there are some other incidents which I am not mentioning here).

Sorry, forgot to post the link. Times of India, Delhi Edition dated 2nd July 2019:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/hauz-qazi-tense-after-communal-clashes/articleshow/70031895.cms

In addition, there are more than 500 reliable links from different newspapers and magazines.

Partha, 'Can you do it?' is a challenge that I take, personally. I will do it no matter whether you are a Hindu, Muslim, Christain or whatsoever. I still stand by what I had said. There is much more behind the desecration.

And, why do you need to be against a particular member? Just because he does not support your views or the thought process?

Please read through the Times of India report carefully. And I am not actually bothered about the so-called reliable 500 links because they stay tuned with your thoughts.

Just a reminder- Please stop spreading hatred, ISC is not the right place.

Who wants to spread hatred in ISC or anywhere else? But we need to know what exactly is happening. We must know that not only lynching. some other things like desecration of temples do happen in India.

@Saji, a suggestion, there is no point getting in a direct discussion with extremist mentalities. Just counter their hate and fear mongering with truths and let the sane minds decide.

Partha at #669437, did you respond to my points that have been raised? I doubt. You shifted and that is all that you can do. It is not surprising to note that you have brought in ' lynching' to be discussed again.

We should condemn the incident.

It seems, Delhi police is failed to take action. They allowed the situations to deteriorate. Chandni Chowk is the oldest settlement in Delhi with congested population. Many 17th century structures, Temples and Mosques are co-existing there. Not heard about any communal violence there.

We can appeal people to remain calm and do not spread rumors.

Going to attend training. Will definitely respond.

Communal violence in Old Delhi is not a new thing. It has happened in the past, but it is always 'outsiders' who create the 'danga'. The residents of Old Delhi live in harmony; their families have lived there for centuries. I have witnessed the camaraderie between the residents of Old-Delhi, be they Christians, Sikhs, Muslims or Hindus.

All communal violence cases reported in the past have had the same pattern. The violators were always outsiders, with a purpose to create unrest. They stoke passions and watch the 'tamasha'. To them, it doesn't matter who dies; they want the hatred to spread.

To accomplish their mission, they can even go to the extent of fudging facts. These are the people who spread fake news, create a communal divide, instigate violence. They should be charged for spreading untruths - isn't there a law for this?

Take the example of this post. The author has cunningly mixed a series of lies into his narration. If it is news that he wanted to share the facts should have been presented truthfully. The intention is evident when the lies are so blatant.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

The incident author has mentioned is definitely unfortunate and has given rise to communal tension in society. However, we are no one to pass judgement on any incident and therefore without understanding the whole issue, one must not comment on it and that too on such kind of serious and sensitive matters.
    All i have tried to understand the concern of author of this threat is that people who used to shout and tag Indian society as intolerant and what not in name of secularism are now has remained silent and haven't even condemn this incident which is show of their double standards. The silence of same lobby is actual threat to the our democratic atmosphere and liberal mindset and therefore it is surely a necessity to expose such hypocrite lobby who has remained deliberately silent under the tag of liberal on the current temple issue.
    As far as the action on this matter is concern, police has arrested the accused and as per the latest news as i watched on TV, the matter has been resolved by police by consulting both the parties. I think we shall applaud the job of Delhi police for handling this sensitive issue with due diligence and care and also local people residing there of both the communities for making show of unity in this sensitive circumstances and not indulging into any kind of violence.
    It for us now to also show some maturity and do not fall into the trap of violence and riots and not treating whole community as criminal for misconducts of some criminals of that community.

"Words are precious, ought to be used wisely." - Umang Shah

The miscreants and goons will create all sort of problems in the city and blame it on some religious group or some sect. Some local politicians will start giving it a colour of communal feelings and religious confrontations. It will then culminate in damaging some religious place and finally it will become a bigger issue without any real reason behind it. Unfortunately our governance is very poor and the police is not very effective in nabbing these elements to nip them in the bud. Most of the problems can be contained or resolved if these elements are caught in time and severely punished so that others can not dare to do such malpractices in a secular and cosmopolitan society. Majority of the people are peace loving in our country and do not want unnecessary conflicts and confrontations.
    Knowledge is power.

I made quite a scathing remark in my previous post. Let me clarify what I meant by a series of lies. The link provided by the author and all the other media that I have gone through provided precise numbers, though maybe mere estimates.

Look at what the author has done. The newspaper says around 20-25 people attacked Gupta in his residence. The author states around 100 men – that is a huge jump. What is the intention behind making up numbers and spreading them around?

The newspaper says 200 people reached the police station the author invented a new figure of 1000 people. That is five times more than the actual numbers. The news is fake.

The newspaper says they rose slogans. The author has provided specific details of those slogans.

Three FIRs have been registered, according to the newspaper. Someone is most certainly lying. Until the sequence of events, as they happened, are not known, everyone, including the author, can only speculate.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

The incidences as witnessed in Old - Delhi is not the new one. There are different forces trying to destabilise the harmonies and create lawlessness with the infusion of terrorism. Irony is that even there are people supporting such misdeeds though they are fewer in number. What is to be done under the present circumstances is to pay a closer surveillance on these elements trying to destabilise the fabric structure.
    To create terror especially when the different races such as Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus of different categories are seen living in peacefully has to dealt with religiously to frustrate the design of the antisocial people.
    What we have witnessed in the Delhi is the serious home - work undertaken by a handful people who are aware of the inefficiency of administration of Police giving these elements a chance to destabilise the peace within the region.

A bad incident. Anyhow, I understand from the post of Umang Shah, Delhi Police arrested the accused. The matter has been resolved by the police. To that extent, we should say that the Delhi Police has done a good job.
    Any problem started between two people after some incident is getting converted into a communal problem and people started passing their own comments without understanding the actual issues. This has become a regular issue in the country.
    People living in the same area may be living peacefully but someone will create a problem like this and enjoy the tamasha. Definitely, there are some people who make a lot of sounds saying that the Indian society as intolerant when some incidents happen will remain silent when there are some issues like this.

drrao
    always confident

Returned from today's hectic training and examination. Now, I have seen the responses/reactions, but I am not at all astonished. Let me try to reply to the responses one by one.

1. " There is much more behind the desecration."------Definitely yes. But desecration of the temple is a fact. It is the truth.
    2. "Please stop spreading hatred, ISC is not the right place."-------Thanks for the advice. But did you give the same advice to the Member who raised a thread on the lynching of Tabrez Ansari but not on the lynching of Bharat Yadav (selective outrage). Did you advise him not to spread hatred? Or, as per your interpretation, mentioning the torture and persecution of Hindus is spreading hatred? What do you want? Do you want to put these atrocities against the Hindus under the carpet?
    3. "@Saji, a suggestion, there is no point getting in a direct discussion with extremist mentalities. Just counter their hate and fear mongering with truths and let the sane minds decide."-------What a suggestion! Those who desecrated the temple are not of extremist mentalities, those who mention the facts have the extremist mentalities. This is the height of liberalism. And truths! Desecration of temple in Delhi, the capital of the country, by the scared people is the truth.
    4. (a) "To accomplish their mission, they can even go to the extent of fudging facts. These are the people who spread fake news, create a communal divide, instigate violence. They should be charged for spreading untruths - isn't there a law for this? "----Who created a communal divide, who spread the untruth? Those who attacked the temple or those who reported the fact? Of course, those who reported the fact!
    4.(b) "The newspaper says 200 people reached the police station the author invented a new figure of 1000 people. That is five times more than the actual numbers. The news is fake.
    The newspaper says they rose slogans. The author has provided specific details of those slogans. "----Yes, the particular news-item stated that only 20-25 people went to Gupta's residence. But in yesterday's (2/7/2019) discussion at Times Now TV, it was reported that around a hundred people entered Gupta's residence. It was also stated that around a thousand people attacked the temple with specific religious slogans. Please listen to the comment/speech of Ms. Subhrashtha. And no one objected to these figures. I have quoted those figures. Further, where and when did I state that a thousand of people went to the police station. Please read the thread again. I have not edited it till now.
    A relevant link which states that an AAP MLA was with the people who attacked the temple: https://www.opindia.com/2019/07/delhi-temple-attack-witness-says-aap-mla-imran-hussain-joined-the-mob-and-did-not-stop-attacks-on-temple/

(My response is not yet complete. Please wait for the next part.)

I am continuing my previous response.

5.(a): "All i have tried to understand the concern of author of this threat is that people who used to shout and tag Indian society as intolerant and what not in name of secularism are now has remained silent and haven't even condemn this incident which is show of their double standards. The silence of same lobby is actual threat to the our democratic atmosphere and liberal mindset and therefore it is surely a necessity to expose such hypocrite lobby who has remained deliberately silent under the tag of liberal on the current temple issue."-----------------------Yes, you are absolutely correct.
    5.(b) : "As far as the action on this matter is concern, police has arrested the accused and as per the latest news as i watched on TV, the matter has been resolved by police by consulting both the parties."--------Here you are not correct. The police has randomly arrested three people. Let us be sure that these people will get bail very soon as their involvement in the crime can't be proved, as we have seen in the case of five criminals in West Bengal. This has been done to assuage the feelings of Hindus who are now angry and hurt. And the police have not resolved the crisis. The Hindu religious leaders and politicians (Mr. Harsha Bardhan, the local MP, are playing active role in diffusing the crisis.
    6. "When ISC has no patience to allow but delete threads relating to religion and community, how ISC has allowed this thread, and an editor participating in it. I really wonder with ISC editors duel role."------------------Here the responder has objected to the continuation of this thread. It appears that he is very much interested to put Hindu issues under the carpet like any other sicku-libu.

I most humbly request the Members (Dr. Rao, Mr. Umesh and others) not to give standard responses like Hindus and Muslims llive peacefully and outsiders create problem etc. The situation is different. In East Pakistan, West Pakistan and in Bangladesh, displaced Hindus and Sikhs used to say the same thing. The fact is that the local miscreants don't take part in criminal activities in the area for they don't want to get identified. They do criminal activities in other areas and the criminals of other area do the crime in others' localities.

We have to take note that a temple has been desecrated. A Hindu has been assaulted without any fault and the sicku-libu brigade wants to put the issue under the carpet. If we don't protest, if we don't resist, we have to bear the brunt in the hands of the followers of Abrahamic faiths (I am using the plural number consciously). Please don't avoid the truth. Hindus have suffered a lot by avoiding the truth. Please don't fall in the trap of sickulars-liberals.

Last but not the least, we must remember that even if there is something called Hindu communalism, it is reactive communalism. The communalism of Abrahamic faiths is pro-active communalism. We must learn to understand the difference.

• Sign In to post your comments