You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Permission to add courses to ISC database

I want to add some courses to ISC database. When I click on 'Can't find the course you are looking for? Add a new course to our database', it says that my posting rights are removed in this specific section due to one or more reasons. Can someone suggest to me how may I add a new course to ISC database?

Just for the sake of clarity, I am asking for permission access for adding a course to ISC database and not adding existing courses to colleges on ISC.
    I have not got any reply from the editors. Editors, please do acknowledge my concern.

As per my experience we can add courses in a school and college if they are not present in the existing database against that particular school or college. I am not aware if we can simply add them just like that in an open list.

It will be better if you select a school and then see what are the courses mentioned there. If you find that some courses which are being offered by the school are not there then simply add them and earn the points also.

If there is something else you will get help from the concerned editors soon.

Knowledge is power.

As you said, I do want to add courses in a college as they are not present in the existing database against that particular college. But I do not have the required permissions to add them, which I want from the editors.

From the last line of your post - "Just for the sake of clarity, I am asking for permission access for adding a course to ISC database and not adding existing courses to colleges on ISC.", I was a bit confused. That is why I clarified like that.

Anyway new members are not allowed to post everywhere for some time and depending upon their performance they are given permissions to post in different sections. As you have already requested for that in this post only so wait for some time for the editors to respond on this.

Knowledge is power.

Its been two days since the editors have not replied to my request. I really don't understand.

Rachit, in an earlier thread you had asked a doubt whether cash credits are given for adding courses. Is it that you are not able to add courses now? Or is that you want to add Colleges? Please clarify.

Further, please give the editors some time to react in this kind of threads. Since they do not receive many responses they move back to the second or third page of the forum index and we might miss it. Just check it after one or two days and post another response so that your thread comes up to the first page. This does not, in any way, indicate that editors just stick to the first pages only.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. -Aristotle

The forum that you suggested has helped me to realise that the main database of courses is closed for all members which solves my query. Thank you.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.