You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Now Jaipur enters the list of UNESCO world heritage sites.

World Heritage Committee, UNESCO in its 43rd session undergoing in Baku, Azerbaijan has taken a decision of including the pink city, Jaipur in the list of world heritage sites. It is really a proud moment for all of us and this will definitely increase the tourism to this place. This will boost the local economy and also will inspire for creating better infrastructural facilities here.

The International Council on Monuments and Sites had earlier visited this place in 2018 to inspect the architectural layout of the fortified city and they found it worthy to be mentioned as a heritage site and accordingly made their recommendations. Now the World Heritage Committee has approved it and declared it as heritage site.

I feel happy about this inclusion. How do you feel about this honour bestowed by UNESCO on one of our cities?
    Very nice to know about this. Really Jaipur, the Pink city, is a good place and worth seeing. But there is no much advertisement and publicity for this place and never got the due importance and name. But now the UNESCO approved the inclusion of this city in the list of world heritage sites. Definitely, this will give a boost to the city and it will attract many visitors. Now the government should gear up to the needs and create good infrastructure so that foreigners coming to India will feel comfortable to visit this place and recommend for others. I hope the central and state governments will start thinking in those lines and do the needful. Thanks to the author for the good information.
    drrao
    always confident

Jaipur has always been on the international tourist itinerary. It is one of the most visited tourist destinations in India. The city sees a lot of domestic and foreign tourists. Its proximity to the capital makes it an ideal place for a weekend getaway, for people living in the NCR.

Jaipur is part of the famous Golden Triangle that comprises of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. It is a historical city famous for the Hawa Mahal and massive forts that are visible from a distance.

It is a quaint city where time has stood still. Jaipur is also known for its food, fabric (Kota Doria, bandhani, lehriya and bagru) and leather goods, mainly camel skin, and a lot of other unique handmade items. It is good to know that the city is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

I also read the news and feel proud of the pink city. Jaipur has always been an attraction for the national as well as the international tourists. I have been to Jaipur many times and have watched several Quilas many times. Every fort has its own historical story.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Jaipur is one of the main tourist destinations in the state of Rajasthan in our country. It has a charm of the fortified city dotted with temples and other Heritage sites. It is really a matter of pride that it is included in this prestigious list. This will definitely step up in the list of tourist places to be visited in India.
    Knowledge is power.

India is great. India has 38 cities listed as world heritage sites by UNESCO. It is a proud moment for all of us and reminds us of the rich culture and heritage of India. Jaipur is famous for its rich culture and finally, the world has agreed to this.

India has thirty-eight sites (not cities) listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. I have visited twenty-seven of these places. I just set myself a new goal to visit the rest of the World Heritage Sites. Will do so sometime soon. How many of these places have you seen?
    'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments