You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Live today and Plant for tomorrow.

A king was going on a road to see how the people were feeling about the king and how were the lives of the people in his kingdom. He saw a very old man planting a tree. He went to him and asked him why he is planting the tree? The King mentioned to him that the plant will take a lot of time to give fruits and this old man will not be there in this world till then. The old man told the king that he is planting the tree, not for him but for his next generation. The earlier generation has passed on some trees to me and I am happy with that and hence, I wanted to see that the next generation will also have plenty of trees is the answer by the Oldman. The king was very happy.
    For us tomorrow is uncertain. But for the world, there will be tomorrow. So you live your life today but plant trees for tomorrow in the world. If we all develop this concept the problem of cutting the trees and pollution problems will come down. Members, am I correct.
    Very true, I just had somewhat similar conversation with my Amma and the response I got from her was also the same. I may not be there but atleast, this will the trees will produce for you and your children. She is old but still wants to plant more trees for us. We, the present generation are keen on technology, white collar work and luxury life but never imagine a world without, water, trees and food.

If we don't plant trees now, we will face many problems and everyone knows it. We are good in putting the consequences on paper but not on the ground. I think, that's the easiest way. We all need contribute in some or the other way. Say planting trees, saving resources(electricity, water, food) and going organic.

As pointed out by the writer, if we don't plant trees, the effect will be for the next generation. Our forefathers and parents have passed at least something to us but what can we give to our children and the next generation. It's time to think and practice what we preach or write.

“Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

Yes, very correct. We also have read this story and it has a great lesson for all of us. We are doing for ourselves many things but it is also our duty to do something for the next generation. What can be better than planting trees and thing like that. This is also a great step in maintaining the ecosystem and sustaining the environment.
    Knowledge is power.

True quote. We have to live forgetting the past and the living should be fruitful and helpful to others. And by planting trees we are not only helping the present generation and also the future generation. And in this regard, I wish to congratulate Telangana government for embarking on massive Haritha Haram means green garland program by ensuring planting of trees in every open space of the government land and also on the road Meridien. Surely the future is bright for the people of Telangana as we are going to get abundant oxygen, rain and shade for future generations to enjoy.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

That's very right. Trees are important for us and massive deforestation for creating space for the buildings is not good at all. It's not only essential for the animals as forests are their habitat but equally important for us too as we get essential oxygen and food from them.

As the plants take time to grow so we should plant them as much as we can for the benefits of our future generation. The way we are depleting the jungles is worrisome and we should compensate it by planting trees. We cannot survive without trees so we should try to increase their population.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

• Sign In to post your comments