You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Sorry to say that Editors are going beyond their limit

Dear All,
    Recently, an editor wanted an apology from me for a word I used. I posted a regret message. An editor has edited the version of my message which is not acceptable to me..

In my response, I said "Not to drag this issue further, after a good thought, in the interest of ISC, I express my sorry to those courageous ISC members who wish to be anonymous at times."

And I explained the abbreviation CE as Courageous Editor.

An editor has removed the word "courageous" from the text. And also deleted the words "CE - Courageous Editor"

Is it right? Should an Editor edit my original post expressing my regret for my act? Is not our editors going beyond their limit? It is too much of an Editor.

I wish to see the editors explanation for deleting the words and spoiling the originality of my regret message.
    These days I am finding more controversies on this forum section and I am feeling a little bad for that. As a member, we will maintain good decorum and try to contribute whatever best we can give and enjoy our time. I feel editors will be fully aware of their responsibilities, rules, regulations and other modalities on this site. If any Editor is violating them there are Senior people and site administrator who will look into that and take the action as deemed fit. As members, I feel we should not decide whether they are overdoing their duties. I know some of the posts raised by the members are being edited by the editors. But so far nobody pointed out that. First I am seeing a post on that. The member is free to express his views and SUN expressed his views. I think the Editor is to Edit. He has done his job.
    I think we should not be fighting always like ruling party MLAs and Opposition MLAs in the State Assembly. Let us leave it here.

drrao
    always confident

Will look into this.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.