Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
Participated in the Christmas story challenge organized at the year-end? Check out who the winners are and cheer them!
  • Category: Winners

Winners of the 2019 Christmas story challenge

We received 19 entries for the extraordinary Christmas short story writing challenge. Compared to entries for previous contests, though, we were a tad disappointed that many of the entries were not as creative and out of the ordinary as expected. We thought that perhaps the choice of the pairs of selected words was difficult to incorporate in a story. Was that the case?

Update of the winners' names (17th Jan.) - The three winners of the challenge are Anamika Raj, Aditya Mohan, and Saji Ganesh. Each of them will receive a cash award of Rs.100/- and will be rewarded with 100 points as well, as announced.

Congratulations to the winners! We will give some points and cc to all the other participants as well, as per the assessment of the jury panel, which has decided that, in the spirit of Christmas, even invalid entries will be given some minimum cc. Many thanks to everyone for the superb response to the contest.
    Hearty Congratulations to Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan as the WINNERS of extraordinary Christmas short story writing challenge 2019. Expecting your creativity in writing throughout this year.
    "Cheruthulli Peruvellam"
    small drops make a mighty ocean

Many congratulations to Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan for being winners of extraordinary Christmas short story writing challenge 2019. I hope you will continue this spirit and submit more quality content in upcoming contests. Very well done.

Congratulations to the winners of the extraordinary Christmas short story writing challenge Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan. May you continue your writing and contribution in the same way in the on-going year. The story writing challenge was indeed creative and was difficult to incorporate in a story. Let this be a start to come up with a better story in the coming competition or contest. Thank you ISC for conducting such a unique contest and making the Christmas festival more creative and spirited.
    Varghese
    Limit your "alway's" and your "never's." - Amy Poehler??

Congratulations to all the winners.

It was a fabulous contest because of its concept. Well, I would like to add without demeaning the creativity of the winners that there were a few more equally good contributions made by some participants. What I feel sad about is that other than the winners, the other contributors receive a nominal amount for their well-written contribution. A respectable amount should be given to the writers, and not just 8, 10, 12 rupees. Less than 30 rupees is a very demotivating and disrespectful amount, in my opinion.

Hope the editors give a thought on it!

shampasaid

This is to convey my congratulations to all the winners of the 2019 Christmas story challenge. They faced the challenge well and come out successfully. I hope they will continue their good work and win many more prizes in the coming days. I wish them all the best.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan for winning this unique creative writing contest.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of Christmas story challenge contest. Well done Balanamikaditya.
    No life without Sun

Hearty congrats to Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan for winning the Christmas story challenge contest and it seems they won against the 19 entries received by ISC.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations and best wishes to Bala, Anamika Raj and Aditya Mohan.

Congratulations to all the winners of the Christmas short story writing. It's the creativity which matters in such contests and all the winners deserve for the prize.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? ”
    – Mark Twain

Congratulations to winners of the Christmas short story writing contests Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan. You excelled with other contestants in this creative contest and thus you became the winners. I wish you all the best to these winners and hope you may excel in other future contests conducted by ISC. I wish ISC management conduct such exciting contests in the future also for the members to contribute and show their talents.

This was a very interesting contest and we enjoyed in participating in it. Now the results are announced and I congratulate all the three winners for their outstanding entries. Well done and keep it up. All the best.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan to become winners of Christmas short story writing.
    Sobha Wilson
    Lighted to Lighten

Hearty congratulations to Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan. for being the winners of the 2019 Christmas story challenge and for winning Rs. 100/- cash credit each.
    Regards,
    Ramya

It was a good contest and the participation was also quite good. Now the results are announced and I whole heartedly congratulate the winners namely Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan for their awards. Well done.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Many congratulations to winners of short story contest i.e. Bala, Anamika Raj, and Aditya Mohan. Also I like to appreciate this story writing concept provided by Vandana Madam. Looking for such contest in next coming time.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Hearty congratulations to Bala, Anamika and Aditya for winning the Christmas story challenge! It was an exciting contest indeed.

The cash credits and points to the winners have been credited as announced.

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see"- Henry David Thoreau

It seems most participants went for the easy pair of words like "white hat" and "hotel lobby"! The points and cc to the non-winning participants have been credited just now to your entries in the main announcement thread. As per a request made in an earlier contest, I have put in brief feedback for each entry, based on what the jury members discussed. Please take the feedback positively. For everyone, including the winners - it is suggested that members work on improving English grammar (don't miss out crucial 'a' and 'the' words), check spellings, spacing, and punctuation as well, with the help of the free Grammarly tool which the admin. has provided to us. It will help to improve your English and writing skills as well.

Shampa - please understand that it is not our intention to demotivate members and disrespect their efforts. We will be really happy to give large rewards to meritorious entries. If you see this particular contest, you will find that only a few really stand out and, eventually, it was not that tough for the jury to unanimously decide on the winners. It is unfortunate, but higher cc than what has been given is out of the question.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My congratulations to all the winners of the Christmas short story writing challenge. The contest was nice and the concept was something unique. Well done, everybody. Keep it up.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

All will be excited to see the winners in any competition,a few will learn from the mistakes but it is possible only once, that is when you participate. I congratulate all the participants for their showers of words and blending of sentences to mould a beautiful story,reality and a few experiences relating to the topic.
    Lead the leader

Congratulations to the Bala, Anamika Raj and Aditya Mohan, winners of the Christmas story challenge.
    'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

Thank you editorials and the jury for giving feedback on every story which will help us to know our flaws and improve. I would like to suggest the same to be followed in every competition so that the participants would be able to know the mistakes and the area that they need to work on like the storyline, grammar, organizing, spacing, punctuation, uniqueness, vocabulary, etc. The jury feedback should be posted as posted in this competition as it will help everyone to know the mistakes and change for the betterment. Thank you, organizers and the jury for your feedback and I hope every member takes it in a positive way and a route to improvement.
    Varghese
    Limit your "alway's" and your "never's." - Amy Poehler??

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.