Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Who are your all time favorites in Cricket in all sections of the game?

Cricket is one of the popular games in India. Many cricketers whether they belong to India or other cricket playing countries we will like them by their talents in the game. I am a good fan of cricket since my childhood time. I came across so many good cricketers from childhood times till now. Out of these, my favorite batsmen are Shewag, Virat Kohli, Farook Engineer, Lloyd, Ricky Ponting, Vivian Richard, Lara, Rahul Dravid, Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin, Hayden, Greenidge. In fast bowling section Sreenath, Kapil Dev, Mc. Grath, Wasim Akram, Michael Holdings, Hadlee, Bumraha, Bhuvaneswar Kumar, Umesh. Best spinners B.S.Chandrasekhar. B.S Bedi, Shane Warn, Lance Gibbs, Muralidharan, Kumble. Best wicket keepers M.S. Dhoni, Adam Gilchrist, Dujon, Dravid, Mark Boucher. What about your choice in the cricket field?
    M.S. Dhoni, Kapil Dev, Yuvraj Singh of India

Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh

Andy Flower of Zimbabwe

Richard Hadlee of newziland

Maxwell of Australia

Garry Sobers of west Indies

Jack Kallis of S. Africa

Ian Botham of England

Wasim Akram of Pakistan

Jai Surya of Sri Lanka

Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni are the two of my favorite in the cricket game. I used to watch all the games while Sachin was in cricket play. M.S Dhoni is a great wicket-keeper and batsman. I would like to see MS Dhoni still playing cricket. I expect MS Dhoni in the next world cup.
    Sobha Wilson
    Lighted to Lighten

There are many cricketers who were best during their tenure and everyone played their role for their country. To name some of my favorites, they are as follows:

Batsmen - Krishnamachari Srikkanth, Navjot Singh Sidhu, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Mohammad Kaif, Virender Sehwag, Gilchrist, Jaisurya, Arvinda D'silva, Mark Waugh, Andy Flower, AB de Villiers, Herschelle Gibbs, Sangakara, Brendon McCullum, Mohammad Yousuf, Saeed Anwar, Brian Lara, David Andrew Warner, du Plessis, Rahul Dravid, Guptill,

Fielding - Jonty Rhodes, Andrew Symonds, Steve Smith, Michael Hussey,

All Rounders - Yuvraj, Robin Singh, Lance Klausner, Kallis, Shahid Afridi, Glenn Maxwell, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja,

Bowlers - Flintoff, Malinga, Chamunda Vas, Shrinath, Kapil Dev, Glenn McGrath, Olanga, Kumble, Saqline Mushtaq, Wasim Akram, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Curtly Ambrose, Imran Khan, Shoaib Akhtar, Waqar Younis, Daniel Vettori, Muttiah Muralitharan, Allan Border, Michael Hussey

Wicket Keepers - Nayan Mongia, Dhoni, Mark Boucher, Ian Healy, Moin Khan

Captain - Azharuddin, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, Ranatunga, Fleming, Inzamam Ul Haq, Skib Ul Hassan,

Varghese
    Limit your "alway's" and your "never's." - Amy Poehler??

When cricket comes to my mind, Rahul Dravid name will flash in my mind. Similarly, I remember GR Visvanath. Both of them are from Karnataka. Both of them are very good and technically very competent batsmen. Because of many other factors, they never got the recognition due to them.

My favourite spin bowler is Prasanna and Medium Pacer is Kapil Dev. Prasanna also never got the recognition due to him.

Sachin is in one name nobody can forget when cricket comes to our mind. He is one man who made India proud with his excellent performance in the game. It is very difficult for one to cross the record he set. He will be remembered always in cricket as a hero of the game.

In the present lot, there are very good bowlers as well as batsmen who are very good at the game. Kohli and Rohit are the best batsmen and Bumhra and Bhuvaneswar are good bowlers. MS Dhoni is the next to Sachin in Indian cricket. His services to the game are never forgettable.

drrao
    always confident

Well, my all-time favourite and most loved and liked cricket player was none other than the fierce fast opening bowler of West Indies Malcolm Marshall. I think many of the new members may not know him. He was very active when Gavaskar and Vengsarkar were playing for India. The way he takes the cross bowling action running from almost the boundary crease, the batsman would instantly wet their pants. And many openers would simply give away their wicket for either clean bowled, or catch to the slips or going LBW even on the first ball. I would request other members who have seen his actions.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There are many good cricketers in India and in other countries and they have their own speciality in this game but I will like to confine myself to some of the players of our country who are my favourites. They are Kapil Dev, M S Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag,
    Knowledge is power.

There are some Indian cricketers who have given a new direction and new momentum to the cricket in our country. They have put India on the top of the cricket arena by their patience and ideas. I will vouch for M.S. Dhoni, Kapil Dev and Yuvraj Singh.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments