Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why flying kites is so thrilling?

Many games and sports are very thrilling and some of them are really adventurous also. In addition they give the players immense entertainment. It is said that some games or outdoor activities are capable of increasing the adrenaline in our blood much faster than the other routine ones.

For last few days, I was seeing the thrill and excitement in some children for flying kites. They were bringing the good quality thread also so that their kites are protected by the other's sharp thread and only they would emerge as winner by destroying the other kites. No doubt it also requires some skills also but the thrill and killing instinct associated with kite flying is phenomenal. It is worth watching.

Did you fly the kites this time or observed people doing it? What is your view regarding this? Please share.
    When the kite is flying high and the controlling thread is in our hands, we feel we are controlling the whole world. We feel that we are at the helm of the affairs. Not only kite-flying but also in many other activities we are on the tope and when we are in control of all the happenings we will be very happy.

The moment the thread is broken and the kite is away and there is no control over any of the things, we feel ditched. We can do anything and we can't control the kite. It will go as it likes and it may fall down. When such a situation comes in our lives we feel that somebody has done some harm to us.

Kite flying is a good example of our life. When we are on top we never feel that we should be careful. If something unwanted happens we will try to find out an excuse and say that somebody spoiled us. This is the nature of the majority of the people.

drrao
    always confident

Really this is a real thrill as told by my brothers anf friends. To my surprise, I saw two or more shops exclusively for kites of various types and accessories like thread rolls - in Sultan Bazaar of Hyderabad.

Delete Attachment

Why flying a kite gets more thrill because for me I feel like I was flying above the sky and I could feel the top of the world whenever my kite goes further up in the sky. In fact many a time I want to fly the kite without anybody's disturbance and wan to fly as high as I can. But during festivities there are going to be challenged and cutting one kite by another without even asking permission is something I feel intruding into our affair. Nevertheless, during Sankranthi, everyone becomes a child and behaves like a child. I have seen old people hooting and enjoying the cutting of other kites with their powerful Manja threads and that proves how vengeance they have in cutting other kites. This time the remote control kites have come that is really enjoyable for those who are not for fights with kites but truly enjoyment.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In my thought flying kites,according to me, is a play. But after seeing the shop in Hyderabad and hearing it has some traditional value during Sankranthi.
    I read in a book about flying kite which is really fantastic. I am giving below what I read:
    A beautiful and meaningful message which I would love to share with you all during this makara sankaranthi festival.

Mother is flying a kite. Her son is watching her carefully. After some time son says "mom. Because of the string the kite is not able to go any further higher."Hearing this, the mother smiles and breaks the string. The kite goes higher and then shortly after that, it comes and falls on the ground. The child is very dejected and sad.
    The mother sits next to him and calmly explains: "Son, in life we reach a certain level and then we feel that there are certain things that are not letting us grow any further like Home, Family, Culture etc. We feel we want to be free from those strings which we believe are stopping us from going higher. But, remember son."That our home , family and culture are the things that will help us stay stable at the high heights . If we try to break away from those strings our condition will be similar to the kite."we'll fall down soon..
    Moral: "Never go away from home culture, family, and relationships as they help keep us stable while we are flying high."

Humans are always attracted by the flying birds and everyone will like to fly if given wings for that. Anyway indirectly the fun can be had with flying the kites with a thread and manoeuvring it in the sky.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments