Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Rejection of article

Recently I wrote an article titled 'Fundamental weaknesses within the Indian police', the URL of which is https://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/ViewResource.aspx?ResourceId=177926. The article was rejected "due to due to poor quality content or violation of our content policies."
    I have not been able to figure out what exactly is the problem with this article. In my humble opinion I have not written anything controversial (or anything that can incite violence) nor does it violate any copyright obligations in any way. Nor have I included anything that can be considered spam or any promotional content.
    Please understand that I am not undermining the authority of the editors or the WM. But I must also mention that each article is a result of considerable time and energy. Therefore when an article is rejected, specific reasons must be pointed out which was not done in this case. This would prevent me from making the same mistake twice. Also, I would request the editors to relook into this article and have a rethink, if possible.
    I just realized that the link no longer works. The article has probably been deleted from the server itself. Anyway here is the offline version of the webpage saved in PDF.

Gouranga, the words 'The status of this resource is Rejected due to poor quality content or violation of our content policies' is a standard text that appears on top of all articles that are rejected. In the case of your article under reference, the reason has been specifically mentioned that 'your article was not approved by the Webmasters for publishing'. Probably, your article must be falling under one of the categories that qualify rejection due to violation of/ non-adherence to our policies and hence this action.

While we do understand and recognize the effort and time that is put in for writing an article, I think we must accept the fact that all the articles that are submitted cannot be approved for that reason alone.

You are also requested to note that providing an attachment of an article that has been rejected is not a good practice since the very purpose of rejecting an article is to ensure that the contents are not available to our readers.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."- Epictetus

• Sign In to post your comments