You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Quiz & Puzzles

Something to tease your brain

This is to tease your brain with numbers.

It is a three digit number. If the number is tilted, you get another three digit number. The difference between the two numbers will be 30. What is that number?

(Tilting means - write the number in a paper, and rotate it 180 degrees)
    It is a nice one.
    The 3 digit number is 996.
    The tilted one is 966.

996_966
    The difference is 30.

Hope this is the right answer.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

I think the answer given above is correct. On rotating 180 degrees 6 will become 9 and 9 will become six. Good question and very well answered.
    drrao
    always confident

The forum once again proved that there are intelligent members who wait for such teaser questions and within one hour the answer has been given. Good work.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Well done Srimathi,
    Congrats. You are right. Mathi in Tamil also means - Brain. Your name suits well . Also there is another number in the same line.

No life without Sun

Excellent answer by Srimathi.
    Another number in the same line is
    699-669=30
    Hope this is the expected answer from the author.

Lead the leader

Well done Sharada, You got it right.
    'S 'is great with Sun, Srimathi and Sharada. S works together Sincerely. S is a special alphabet in English.

No life without Sun

Interesting question and some members have quickly answered it. I have seen some teasers like this but there the numbers are reversed or replaced by the higher ones. This tilting that is rotating by 180 degrees a new thing to me and it will work with some numbers like 0, 9, 6, and 8 as they do not lose sense even after tilting so whatever teasers are to be generated that are to be derived from these four numbers.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments