You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you look up at the sky?

It's a simple question, isn't it? When walking or travelling, do you look up at the vast blue dome above? Yes, we have to keep an eye on where we step while walking, but otherwise...are you so absorbed in your phone with your head down, that you do not notice -
    The interesting cloud formations
    The long white streak left by a plane
    The precise formation of a flight of birds
    The breathtaking hues that constantly change when the golden orb is dipping over the horizon
    ...just simply so many gorgeous happenings above!

If you haven't bothered, go, step out tomorrow and share your experiences, perhaps with a couple of photos as well. If you have taken a unique photo earlier, too, share it to make others understand that there is more to just being absorbed in something with heads down! You could share one photo taken while walking and one while travelling (not more than two photos totally please).
    Yes. I had been looking up at the sky and looking down at the sea for many decades. I love nature. I am happy to share a photo taken very recently placing my good old Padmini and my son's Accent parked near a restaurant under the clouds and a hill in the vicinity.

Hope you will appreciate my love for nature.

No life without Sun

I am sharing my photo here
    No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

Only one response? Looks like ISCians are either not really aware of the beauty of nature up above or they are just not keen sky-photographers!

Here's a photograph I took from the front passenger seat of a cab in the evening hours, capturing the play between the sky, the sun's rays, and the tree-lined road.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Delete Attachment

Here is a collage of photographs that I shot, on my phone. All, but two were clicked in the wee hours of the morning before the sun came up. The one on the top left is a late evening click, of Venus and Jupiter, on the Western horizon, taken from my balcony. They put up a spectacular display, for days on end. The one on the bottom right is of a full moon, just as it popped up. The rest are clicks of celestial bodies taken during my pre-dawn walks. The night sky is beautiful at that hour.

Delete Attachment

Yes, I too love looking at the sky during early morning and late evening hours. My childhood days spent well counting the stars when we used to sleep on the terrace in summers. But in cities like Mumbai, it is very difficult to locate stars even in the clean sky.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I find it difficult to get good photos of the night sky (please give guidance here). Here's a photo that I took in Surat in a large public park, when the sun was setting and the sky looked really lovely -
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Delete Attachment

Sun sets behind SuN's home.
    This scene was clicked in my mobile from my house top. Behind my house, there are lot of windmills which is like a sea, and the western ghats can be clearly seen.

No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

Yes, I look at th sky and wonder about it even now.

Last year when I travelled in a pplane, the whole travel time (except during take off and landing when seat belts had to be used), I was photographing the clouds with my mobile phone.

Even now when I walk on the road,especially in the night and inless crowded road, I gaze at the sky frequently and enjoy the celestial sights.
    I have a gret collection of sky photos. May be I shall post a few later after rtrieving them from my albums and pendrives.

I am attaching one photo of evening Sky , I had clicked on one of my tours.

(PS: The pic got rotated. Not able to correct it. Pl do the needful)

Delete Attachment

Yes, I do it many times and it's always good to see the beautiful sky and the cold formation. I have lots of pictures which I click while on a morning/evening walk. Here is the best one which I am attaching.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Delete Attachment

• Sign In to post your comments