'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
The BJP party also announced many freebies in the election manifesto for the Delhi elections 2020. Some of them are
1. Wheat flour at a subsidized rate of Rs 2/ per kg.
2. Free bicycle for all girls belonging economically weaker sections and studying between 9 th. and 12 th. class.
3. Free electric scooter to girls of economically weaker sections who join in the colleges.
4. Rs 51000/ for the wedding of the girls of widows belonging to economically weaker sections.
Let us not blame one party. All the political parties are doing the same. For the sake of votes, they promise anything. Who can forget Rs 15/ lakhs in every citizens bank account by the BJP before 2014 general elections?
" Be Good and Do Good "
Knowledge is power.
Considering all aspects every issue should be judged on its merit honestly devoid of any prejudice.
Actually every government while coming in power sets its own priorities. AAP took the issue of welfare for the people and ergo, it implemented different schemes in the state and set the budget accordingly. Total expenses summed up as follows.
Electricity: 1720 crore per year
water: 400 crore per year
free bus service to women: 140 crore per year
Total 2260 crore per year (spent on socalled freebies)
Now see the priorities of the central government when it came in power in 2014.
Help to corporate sector:
* 5 lac 57 crore debt was waived off
* 4 lac 30 K crore tax was exempted
* 10 lac crore rebate was granted
Tamilnadu's freebie culture is different from AAPs freebie culture. Electricity, water and transport are human need and has to be continued forever. Once Ration, electricity, water and transport are made free, people need not work and worry. They can simply sit at home and enjoy life. Jaya's ideology cannot match with Arvind's ideology. Jaya cared the students by providing cycle, computer, uniform and footwear. She never touched Electricity, water and transport which are the money earning sources.
No life without Sun
The money we are all paying as tax is getting wasted by getting distributed to various people as freebies. These should not be encouraged. We should not vote for the party which will not work for development.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz
Andhra Pradesh state will soon fall into this category.
Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan
"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"
Delhi is the most polluted capital city in the world. No action has been taken to control the fossil fuel consumption in and around Delhi as the consumption increasing more than 18% on an average.99% of the coal fired electric generation units do not have FGD installed to reduce the SO2 emissions as mandated by Environment Ministry. 80% of the green Tax collected not even spent on environment protection. What these people are doing there?
Where these money gone?
May be spent for serving biriyani to the radicalized people!
Pollution is the biggest problem for Delhi. It is the capital of India. The Government of India should also work with the Delhi Government to reduce pollution levels instead of putting the blame on the Delhi Government.
" Be Good and Do Good "
Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."- Epictetus
Firstly, it's not only about freebies but the political analysts must also be observing the silly mistakes on behalf of the Central leadership of BJP along with its alliance partnerships by continuously raising with the national level issues to even with the State elections. On the other hand, few other things that we can't be ignored of, that the voters shown the immaturity if got attracted with freebies because to a great extent this will continue to deny with their nationalistic approach because the same CM once raised the suspicion and doubt of Surgical strikes and wanted proof including others.
Our conclusions would differ and vary on whether the freebies be allowed or not, but do we honestly feel that this will lead us to a progressive path because practically this doesn't seem to be the scenario because if we are getting our commodities free of cost then why would we work then? Going ahead what our mentality would become?
This is nothing sorts of bribery by the politicians in order to gain votes.
Wouldn't this be good if the resources would have been provided to the poor and deprived if in any way we are carrying with the good intentions?
1. There has not been any increase in electricity rates in the last five years in Delhi. Whereas, the previous governemnt used to increase the rates every year. Moreover, Delhiites get electricity 24x7 without a power cut or load shedding. Some people have already removed the line invertors since there is no need of the invertors now.
2. There has not been any major increase in water rates in the last five years in Delhi. The water supply has also improved a lot.
3. The private school fees has not been increased in Delhi in the last few years. Arvind Kejriwal did not allow private schools to increase the fees.
4. There has been a lot of improvement in medical facilities at the lower level in Delhi. I admit that he has not opened/constructed any big hospital in Delhi, but, he has opened micro hospitals in so many localities in Delhi. These micro hospitals are called 'mohalla clinics'. In mohalla clinics, people get free medical advice, free checkup, free medicines and free tests. These mohalla clinics are better than the normal dispensaries in every locality.
5. He got so many CCTV cameras installed in Delhi for safety of general public.
Arvind Kejriwal is not the first politician to give freebies in Delhi, he just improvised on the schemes of earlier government of Shiela Dixit, who used to offer subsidy on first 200 units of electricity. Moreover, as mentioned by other members, there have been politicians all over India, who gave the freebies to the common man. Then why criticize the Kejriwal alone for giving freebies?
When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!