You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Testimonials

Completing nine years of fine service and stepping into tenth year tomorrow

Jai Hind.
    My dear ISC and beloved ISCian,
    Very pleased to inform you that I am completing nine years (3287 days)of glorious service at ISC today, and will be stepping into my tenth year of service tomorrow Tuesday the 24th March 2020.

I joined ISC on 24th March 2011. One of my relative boys guided me to join this site for timepass. Since then I fell in love with ISC and leading an excellent life to date. This has become a full-time activity now. The last nine years were fine years for me. I could learn a lot through ISC members' posts and responses. Initially, I tried my hands to write good articles (about 50+). But the forum section attracted me much than any other section of ISC. I could improve my English writing skills to a great extent that helped me to be a creative writer. I feel proud of winning the first creative badge winner of ISC.

I was a good boy then and became a bad boy due to some bad guys at ISC. That was a good experience with suspension and punishments. Nevertheless, I remain a good boy to myself. ( I am old, not young)

It is the members who helped me to remain in the ISC forum by their constant posting of threads and responses and counter-responses.

I really enjoyed/enjoying life at ISC and will continue to enjoy life at ISC until my last breath. Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen. My special thanks to ISC's trio Webmasters Tony, Jose and Timmy, and Managing Editor Vandana. May God Bless you all.

If you have anything to say about my performance at ISC, please say so. I would welcome it.
    Jai Hind.
    (This being a testimonial, I exceeded the word limit suggested by me)
    Very glad to know that you completed nine years on this educative excellent site ISC. Tomorrow you are starting your tenth year of the journey on this site. You make the forum section very interesting with your threads and postings. Sometimes your ideas will be very interesting and hence many people get attracted to your threads. Sometimes we will feel relaxed when we see your threads. Some times you made us work. Sometimes you make us laugh. A very good going and I hope you will maintain the same tempo. I wish you all the best and wish you many more happy years on this site.
    drrao
    always confident

Wow, such a wonderful way to express your feelings. You have an analytical skill and some of words just pierce the rod. It is nice to read your way of presenting the group of words.
    Congratualtions, for such a long journey in ISC. Stay continued and help the needy members.

Lead the leader

Completing nine years in this site is a great experience and I know the bad and good phase gone through those years and being a self-confident and firm thinking person the author could sustain all the onslaught and remained as the most enterprising member of this site. Probably he is the only member who outspoken against the site, taken on members who were on the wrong side of the contributions and he was also instrumental in advising good things to the new members. Perfect to his name and style of participating here, he rose to greater heights and most respected by the fellow members. Sun, accept my best wishes and furthermore glories and milestones be achieved in this site., I always felt that you must be the editor of this site as you have all the qualifications and abilities and also sync with the members thoughts.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hearty congratulations Sun on completing nine years-long association with ISC! You are a vibrant member and has made your own contributions in keeping the forum active. Yes, you might have crossed the signals at times and might have met with minor accidents but then it is all part of the game. It is great that you realize where you have slipped. The best thing is that you never get demoralised and is always in good spirits though you had also, in between, said that you have had enough; might have been joking, I suppose.

Keep up the spirit and remain associated with this great site for a very long time to come. Hope you will keep enriching the pages of ISC with your posts and responses and also execute your responsibility as a senior member with elan. I wish you all the very best!

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Nine years is a long time and it shows your will power and persistent desire to write and create good posts and material. ISC is a marvellous place to learn many aspects of writing and there are few such platforms where people get so much of varied opportunities to learn. You mentioned that you have benefited from this platform much and had improved your knowledge and diction. I am also of the same opinion that those who want to improve their writing skills should join this wonderful platform and see the benefits themselves. At this juncture I wish you many more happy years in ISC and wish you all the best.
    Knowledge is power.

Heart congratulation Sun for stepping to the tenth year in ISC. Your stay in ISC itself shows your love and dedication towards the site apart from learning, sharing, fighting and enjoying. It takes time and courage to stand alone and be prepared to go forward in times of fall but as you mentioned, you even enjoyed being bad due to some bad guys at ISC, situations and circumstances but have again become a good, strong and active person. I hope you remain the same and keep on contributing in all sections and come up with some interesting topics for discussion, fun and brain-teaser.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

It is very nice to see that you have completed 9 years in this educational and knowledge sharing site. I wish you to be here for a long time and have many more years of writing and contributing. All the best.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

My sincere thanks to Dr. Srinivasa Rao, Sharada, Mohan, Saji Ganesh, Umesh, Varghese and Neeru Bhatt for wishing me the best. It is the members like you who encourage other members and be with them at all times. Thank you very very much.

After having spent nine years at ISC, I expected many active members would come forward to felicitate my glorious days at ISC. But I am highly disappointed to see the members present here. In the ISC ocean, to wish me after nine years, not even nine members are present to do it. Just seven members did their best.

I think, I still remain a bad boy to the members whom I think are good guys of ISC. Most ISC members are selfish than generous.

No life without Sun

My congratulations SuN, for this long journey and I wish this journey would continue for a long time. Being associated with ISC for such a long time is indeed fascinating which must have enriched your experience in many ways. I always like your frank confessions - in all your posts as well as in this thread too. You like to make things interesting in any mood which is quite helpful at times. I wish you all the best and hope you will shine as bright as the sun in all your posts in the coming days.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Conratulations, SuN for your completing nine years with ISC.
    My best wishes to you for getting many many occasions to announce many more such milestones.

You are a vey much needed and sought out member in ISC.
    As theTamil song on the naughty baby Lord Krishna goes: "....Unai veruththaalum marapporillai.. ." (One may get irritated, but not ignore..). No one can foregt or sideline you in ISC.
    I specially like your way of 'calling a spade a spade', though I may not always agree with your views on certain matters. But you are one among those who make the forum really active and participative.

(Nowadays I am not able to be as active in ISC forum as I was before, due to various other involvements and priorities. Today only I saw this thread. Excuse me for being late in congratulating you)

Wow! That is quite a consistent work record with ISC. We are super proud of you Mr.SuN!

Back in year 2011 when I was using India Study Channel as Namita Terse, I remember I had won a Quiz posted by you. That quiz was about some vocabulary topic. Your forum threads based on quizzes and proverbs were always very interesting and thought provoking. I am really glad to see that even after 10 years you keep on building mindful quizzes and forum threads.

Unfortunately, I have taken a long (nearly 5 years) break from online work. So all my previous email IDs, Adsense Account and other website IDs expired. Here in ISC, I even lost my cash credits due to this long break. Otherwise I would also have posted similar message.

These facts, make me know value of your consistent hard work even more deeply. Really hats off to you sir !

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

Very pleased to see the responses from Sankalan, Venkiteswaran and Deepti Sriram.

Venkiteswaran,
    It is heartening to read your congratulatory message. I like your openmindedness and frank comments. Yes. Members don't like me but love me. Thanks a lot, Venki.

Deepti Sriram,
    Nice to know that you are my good old buddy Namita Terse who is still in my buddy list. Thank you for reminding the past glorious days at ISC. May God bless you.

No life without Sun

Congrats, Sun! Keep it going.
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Gypsy Sir,
    Thanks for your compliment and wishes.

No life without Sun

My hearty congratulations to you Sun for completing 9 years in ISC and hope you would continue here with same vigour and tempo.

After a long break, I am back here and particularly decided to post my greetings to you. You are one of the vibrant and active members of the ISC and definitely it goes beyond doubt that ISC Forum would be void without members like you. Yes, there might be differences of opinion in an open Forum like this and we are all no exceptions while crossing the line of fire and facing the consequences by Admin. It's all in the game. You were one of my favourite members in ISC since my joining this site in Oct'13 and your Fun activities used to impress me a lot. I recall my sensitive reaction and others too about your own obituary on the eve of the Fools' day which indicated the fan following in ISC for you. I too became an Editor in the later years and perhaps my role and approach might have drawn a line between me and some members including you. As I said earlier, it all depends on how we view the things from the other side of the angle, yet as a member I regard you as one of my favourites here.

Wish you all the best, continue here with your creative work, of course in line with the changing trends!

Regards,
    Jagdish

Very Many Thanks to all the ISCians who greeted me on this occasion.

Yet I have a doubt.
    My dear Fellow ISCian,
    Am I good or bad to the ISC members? With all in style, I came out with this message to tell my beloved ISCian that I have completed a glorious nine years of fine service at ISC. Many good old active members including editors congratulated me and praised me with good words forgetting the differences of the past. Yet there are very many good old/new friends (including ME) who are active at ISC did not bother to greet me on this occasion.

Does it mean I am not in the good books of those members who are present at ISC and not interested in me? Am I still a bad boy of ISC? I am worried a bit.

No life without Sun

SuN

Why you want to be in good books of all the people?
    Sometimes many books are not so good as you think.

Neeraj,
    It is not that. My thread is like an invitation to all the ISCian present to attend a party like a thing. And I am the host. What would be the feeling of the host if the guests don't turn up for the party? I could see the guest guys roaming around in my vicinity near the party venue.

You are an old guy. Why no greeting from you? What you thought after reading this thread? Didn't you feel that it is a courtesy to greet or honour my invitation?

No life without Sun

SuN

I always appreciated your opinions, arguments, views and counter views at various discussions in different threads at varying times in this forum. Your fun activities are also well appreciated.

Any person after login in this forum and regularly typing congratulatory messages only, also can complete 9 years. Completing 9 years is not a big deal as a member in this forum.That is why I didn't congratulate you.

Wishing you good health and happiness for all your future endeavors,
    God bless you.

Neeraj,
    Your words -"Any person after login in this forum and regularly typing congratulatory messages only, also can complete 9 years. Completing 9 years is not a big deal as a member of this forum. That is why I didn't congratulate you."

You have insulted the ISC community. It hurts me, not only me but all the senior members who have put in their heart and soul with best efforts in ISC and served many long years. Remember, One can not become Platinum with congratulatory messages only.

You need to mend your words. I think you need to think twice before choosing the words to post.

Since you made an irrelevant remark degrading ISC members, I have decided not to respond to your posts at ISC. Au revoir

No life without Sun

Congratulations SuN, for completing nine years at ISC and contributing huge quality content for ISC. Your content are worth reading and is to the point. I hope you will be with ISC for a longer duration.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Nice to hear that you have completed nine years as an ISCian. Hope your 10th year is as eventful and wonderful as it has been always. You are definitely a good boy and a good heart too, otherwise you would not been able to complete so many years of fruitful relationship with other members of ISC. The ISC India map was your masterpiece. You also took the initiative in making so many fun games, some hit and some not so hit. It takes lots of effort and ingenuity in creating them, and you have dollops of them. I can't help but appreciate your creativeness in such matters, which most of us lack so badly. So continue with your good work in ISC. You sure make the forum very interesting.
    Patience and perseverance pays

My sincere thanks to Dr. Paresh Gujarati and Dhruv for your kind words of appreciation.
    Dhruv
    You reminded me of my ISC map that I forgot to view. Additional thanks for that.

No life without Sun

Congratulations Sun for completing nine years on this site. It's not easy to have such a long association with the site. I have noticed that there are few members who always contribute consistently on the site and you are among one of them. Hope to see your association goes longer on ISC.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Sun,

First and foremost hearty congrats on your long-duration journey at ISC. All of us have had highs and lows here and some like you have determinedly arisen from the lows. My best wishes for you ahead.

Secondly, I frankly have not approved of many of your activities that you have organized for members over the years (including ones centered on me), and some of your threads and responses as well because you have been outright offensive. Yet, it is not like I am maintaining any hate or personal animosity towards you. It is also a misconception of quite a few members that I and the other editors literally maintain some kind of "book". No, we don't. We don't hate anyone or deliberately go out of our way to target a particular member. Anyway, it hardly matters whether I like you or not. You just need to stop having expectations of everyone responding to your threads, including this one.

And no, I did not respond now because of your response #692159. It is just that I have been giving priority to other things in the limited time I have been online here and each time I did so had put my response to this thread on the backburner.

Suggestion: Stop the constant grating reference to good boy/bad boy. Put the past behind. Move on.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Congratulations, I know you have worked hard to prove yourself. You proved that hard work never goes in vain and one should stick to objective. Your story inspired me lot and it helped to understand healthy criticism make us more intelligent.
    Thank you again for so inspiring post.

Service to mankind is service to God.

Vandana, Sanjeev Gupta and Indu Singh,
    Thanks for your congratulations.

Vandana,
    Very pleased with your presence and your long response. I like it and appreciate it. Whatever you may say, I always feel good as a good boy and a bad boy. though I am an old boy. ISC is a platform to write and enjoy life. You are a mother like a person at ISC, and we are boys and girls like children. All ISCians are hale and hearty under your command. Whether you love or hate, approve or disapprove, appreciate or punish, all the same. I take everything easy and keep moving. My motto is - "Play at ISC with words. Be happy and make others happy. Enjoy life at ISC."
    Very Many Thanks.

No life without Sun

Congratulations Mr Sun for having completed long nine years with ISC family. I personally feel that all your contributions are quite fascinating and interesting. Moreover, your straightforwardness at times is the reflection of your unique quality. Frankness to that level seems to be a plus point in your personality and such a quality makes you lovable as far as I think. Hope you would contribute in the similar ways even in the times ahead. I would like to see you a consistent contributor enriching our experience.
    Once again many many thanks for your inspiring posts.

My greetings to you and I wish you complete many more years of journey at the ISC.

'Yet there are very many good old/new friends (including ME) who are active at ISC did not bother to greet me on this occasion" forced me to respond in this thread. I became a member prior to you and I do not believe in these journies and all that. This is a virtual world where we participate in our leisure time and share our views on different topics. Most of the time we differ because we have different ideas. We don't have any personal touch also with other members. I very well remember the few occasions when efforts were made to have a meet by some of the members and the ISC discouraged them for good or bad.
    Once again my greetings to you and wish you enjoy many more years of journey at ISC.

" Be Good and Do Good "

KVRR,
    There is something like 'Testimonials' at ISC. That section of ISC is mainly to say something about our achievements, reaching milestones, proud feelings, etc.

I am using the section to my advantage to tell the world what I am at ISC.

You may not believe in the ISC journey, but I am much interested in sailing in the ISC sea.
    You may be feeling seasickness and may not have time to post testimonials, but I am a perfect seaman without any seasickness to sail happily in the ISC sea. And I drumbeat my achievements. Remember, I am platinum by nine.

No life without Sun

Mr Sun, I am very happy about your ISC journey and conveyed my greetings to you. I am eagerly waiting for your "Thank You" message.
    I too do not have seasickness because I had ventured into the sea many times in the fishing boat which I owned some 40 years back.

" Be Good and Do Good "

My since thanks to Sheo Shankar Jha .

KVRR,
    My special thanks to you for your felicitations and for your frank opinion. And glad to know that you too a seafarer like me. Let us sail together in the sea of ISC

No life without Sun

Mr. Sun, I would like to give my personal opinion about the doubt in your mind, "Am I not in good books of many?"

You see it is absolutely not essential how many people count you in a good boy list. Moreover, it is important that you yourself are satisfied with your behaviour, conversations, and personality.

Secondly, it is wrong to judge people's opinions about you from whether they congratulate you or not. Because if a member is wishing you congratulations does not mean he is your true well-wisher. Same way, if any member missed out on this thread due to time and priority, it does not mean that the member envies you.

Last but not least, the sun rises and gives light and energy to all. Irrespective of whether anyone notices the sunrise or sunset. Be the real Sun. Enjoy the blessings.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

Deepti,
    Thank you. You took some time to analyze and respond.
    You very well know that I am a fun lover. I want to be a buffoon like Rajkumar in the film 'Mera Naam Joker" who was in the hearts of Simi and Padmini and others. Similarly, I too want to remain in the hearts of ISCian in good books or bad books. But nothing can change the sun, and I remain as sun forever with my rays spread everywhere. Thanks a lot.

Further, I would beat and say that there are adamant and stubborn members who don't like to congratulate or appreciate the member's achievements. They feel it below their dignity to congratulate.

No life without Sun

Dear ISCian,
    Finally, I endorse my happiness here that this thread has 35 overwhelming responses to compliment and discuss .
    My completion of nine years at ISC ends when the country started its first lockdown in the history of India.
    Let us be happy despite any odds we face on this earth. The destiny of the world, or India or an individual cannot be changed or rewritten.
    Thank you all. May God bless you all.

No life without Sun

SuN
    I am just reading your comments now. You interpreted my words wrongly. I respect all the members here and always stood with them and always standing with them.
    People joined here 9 years before are all completed 9 years now! What is wrong in my statement?

Editors,
    Kindly lock this thread.
    This thread is old enough by 10 days and deserves to be locked.
    I won't be able to digest the members' compliments anymore.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.