You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Chopped, grated or peeled - ISC image quiz winners

We received 12 entries for the ISC image quiz.

Answer Key:
    1. Apricot
    2. Orange peels
    3. Onion
    4. Coconut
    5. Walnut
    6. Carrot
    7. Cucumber peels
    8. Garlic shoots/leaves
    9. Pistachios
    10. Curry leaves

Points' Tally (in the order of the entries received):
    Juana: 8
    Varghese: 7
    Dr Deepali: 9
    Reena: 8
    Neeru: 7
    Hakimuddin: 8
    Sun: 7
    Padmini: 9
    Umesh: 8
    Sharada: 8
    Rosie Ray: 5
    Sankalan Bhattacharya: 7

As per the above tally of points, the two winners who each scored nine points are Dr Deepali and Padmini. Congratulations!

Other participants will also be credited points and cc for their correct answers, so please let us know if the tally of points for your entry is incorrect. Which was your favourite 'ISC'?!
    Firstly, I thank Vandana for organizing such an excellent contest that needs time to gather items, arrange it on plates, take a snapshot of it, combine it, put it in one file, etc. How great you are! I salute you, Madam.

My heartiest congratulations to Dr. Deepali and Padmini for scoring high marks and winning the contest. Well done. You are really smart.

Pity is that no one could make a ton.

My 5-8-9 went wrong against Walnuts, Garlic and Pista. Never expected that you would include nuts in your quiz to chop, grate and peel. The Garlic shoots/leaves look green and presumed onion. Nevertheless, it was a good exercise for our brain.

Keep entertaining us with such novel contests.

No life without Sun

This was a well conceived contest and the efforts of the organiser is praiseworthy. Though no one could get all the 10 answers correct but still some members could reach 9 and I think, seeing the confusion about some items in our mind, it is commendable. Anyway, I heartily congratulate the winners namely Dr. Deepali and Padmini for achieving the highest score and garnering the prizes. Well done and all the best. Keep participating and contributing.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to the winners of the contest, Chopped, grated or peeled - ISC image quiz. I am not very familiar with these items and hence I have not participated in the contest. It is a very well-conducted quiz. I appreciate the organizers. I hope many more innovative quiz programs will come on this site.
    drrao
    always confident

Congrats to winners Dr. Deepali and Padmini as they scored 9 each and this quiz was unique and for the first time, 7 female members have participated and made their presence felt.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My congratulations to the winners of the ISC image quiz. Though the number of participants was much less compared to the prevailing situation on that day, it was really an interesting one. My thanks to Vandana Ma'am for conceiving the idea of this excellent quiz and hope to see more such innovative contests in the coming days.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Congrats to winners Dr Deepali & Padmini.
    Though I could not participate I feel it was a good contest attracting many participants and all participants having chance to win cc. Appreciation to Vandana for conceptualising and implementingthe contest.

Vandana madam, please excuse my mistakes because I have half knowledge in English. Please restore the rights to post content in forum section.If any mistakes, please correct my language.
    I believe in a positive attitude. I like those who criticize me.

Sitakalyani,

Your permission to submit forum threads is intact now. Maybe the restriction was imposed due to the posting limits. It is Ok to not have a strong grasp of English, and we don't hold that against any member. Just try to make an effort at least to say something clearly. After you write a text, check the meaning of a word that you have used if it is the right one. Some time back, you used a very inappropriate (indecent) word and an editor changed it. So take care of what you type, that's all.

Also, note that you should not put such problems in any thread you like. This is a thread to congratulate the winners of a quiz. If you face any problem (such as not being able to submit a thread to state this problem), please send a message to Lead Editor Saji Ganesh using the messaging system of ISC. He will look into the problem and help out.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Congratulations to the winners Dr Deepali and Padmini and all the members who participated in this contest. I was not able to participate in this contest and hope to see more contestants coming forward to test the capability of a member.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

Congratulations to Dr. Deepali for winning this contest. I am very happy to be a co-winner in the same. This time I was not expecting because I sent my entry quite late but anyways unexpected winnings give more happiness. I did a mistake in Garlic and thought it was spring onion. Congratulations to Vandana Ma'am for conducting such a uniquely creative and tiresome contest.
    Looking forward to more such contests.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Congratualations to winners in appreciation of their observing skills. I liked the first ISC but got confused as dry grapes. It was really unguessable, my children loved to try the questions. It was a fun loving pass time. Thanks a lot mam for such a wonderful quiz.
    Lead the leader

I loved participating in the image quiz. Thanks, Vandana Mam for conducting the contest. Hope you will come up with more such fun contests. Congratulations Dr Deepali and Padmini for winning it.

My favourite is the first image. I guessed it wrong. Still, it looks beautiful.

This was an amusing puzzle. Some of the pictures were difficult to decipher even for a housewife who uses these items so often. The layouts on the plates were well crafted. I congratulate the winners for their excellent solutions.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Hearty congratulations to the winners, Dr Deepali and Padmini and a word of appreciation to all the participants who gave it a try.

It would be unfair if I don't register my appreciation for the creative brain behind the contest. Great job Vandana ma'am.

The cash rewards have been credited to the winners.

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Participants, including the winners, have been given the points and cc for their correct answers in the quiz announcement thread. Let me know if anyone got missed out.

Thanks for the wishes of appreciation.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My hearty congratulations to Dr. Deepali and Padmini for winning the ISC image quiz. Unfortunately, I was not able to participate in the quiz due to time constraints. I hope to participate in the next one.
    Regards
    Rizwan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.