You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Article rejected again and again

One of my articles on Department of Anthropology Panjab University (PU) Chandigarh has been put to pending status by the editors again and again on the suspicion of plagiarism. While I have tried my best to remove any kind of plagiarised or copied content, the editors are not approving my article, saying it has copied sentences. I cannot change the 'Museum of Man' sentence and 'Thrust Areas' because they are meant to be written in that way. I cannot change their wording because then it would change their whole significance. I request the editors to please help me in this article and guide me what can I do to get this article approved.
    Rachit, please hold on. The article editors have been requested to get back to you on this.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"- Oscar Wilde

Rachit,

Your article has not been rejected even once but shifted to pending. Yes, repeatedly - because you are not following the instructions. It is definitely having copied content. In the article, you have written this sentence - "Museum of Man in the Department has a Gallery of Fossil Apes, Primates and Man which includes life-size models, and an Ethnographic Gallery which includes items of material culture" - all of which is exactly the same, word to word, from the official website.

The museum name cannot be changed, agreed, but surely you can change the wording of the text. You can, for example, put it like this -
    The Department has set up an interesting museum called the Museum of Man. What you will see here are incredible displays of fossil apes, primates and humans. When you look at them you will feel as though they are the actual things, they are so realistic! In fact, it is this museum that has made the Department of Anthropology well known all over India. Additionally, there is an Ethnographic Gallery which displays products that are specific to certain cultures.

Then there are the words 'thrust areas'. Why should you use the exact same words? Why not think of other words, such as stating that the core fields covered are those of.... or the focus is on learning about...

Thus, the significance remains intact, isn't it? So basically what you need to do is to put in sentences that are not literally the same, but are similar and convey what is being offered by the Dept. without missing out on informative and relevant information.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

ISC is not a site where we simply submit and it would be published. There are qualified moderators here to check and approve it. I think it is good for us and then only we would try to learn writing things in our own way. Please note that there is no new knowledge in this world. Everything is present as old somewhere there. It is written somewhere in some form. We have to learn it from various sources and amalgamate that learning before we put it in our style and words. It should not be the ditto of some article already present there. You can remove some irrelevant things and add some new things from other sources. The art of writing is like that only. When I wrote my first article in Hindi for a reputed Hindi monthly magazine it was outrightly rejected by the editors with a remark that it was simply the Hindi translation of an article which was recently published in 'Science Reporter'. I had to simply keep quite on that and then I wrote another article which looked entirely different from that but meant same thing and it was accepted. Recently in ISC one of my article is rejected because it was an almost mirror image of another article in the internet in some other site. I have accepted it with due apologies. I am rewritting it with different dimensions now. Let us not be worried with rejections or deletions. Main thing is take a note of what is the basis on which it is rejected and sincerely try to remove that dimension from your article. Editors are helping us to learn and we should take it sportingly and thankfully.
    Knowledge is power.

I do understand that it takes lots of time to create an article and we would be eagerly waiting for the approval of the same. But at ISC we have the laid down procedure through which the editors would be reviewing the article on every aspect as to the heading, the content, whether it was copied from others or not. Therefore your article was sent to the pending section again and again so that you take the corrective actions. Whenever the article is shifted to the pending section it would carry the rider or the suggestion of the editor which must be adhered to and resubmitted again so that it would be approved.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

No life without Sun

Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

Respected, responsible and experienced members, please be reminded that ISC is not here to promote copying but to inspire potential writers to be original and to create an identity of their own. Please do not resort to such tactics, irrespective of your intentions.

Note- Responses to this response will not be encouraged.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"- Oscar Wilde

No life without Sun

No life without Sun

This thread is being kept open for the author to confirm whether his confusion has been clarified and also for him to ask any further doubts in this regard.

Members are requested to refrain from posting irrelevant/ unacceptable responses unless they have something positive to add to the clarification by Vandana ma'am. Some threads do appear to have a stronger magnetic field for some!

Thank you editors for clearing my doubts. I will do the necessary changes as said above.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.