You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Lockdown photo project - what is outside your window?

When the lockdown began, as I mentioned in another thread, I had started a blog titled 'From the Window' and put in photos of whatever I could see through the windows of my home. I even got useful information from Dr. Deepali to identify the birds and a butterfly that came within the frame of my mobile phone's camera. I lost steam eventually and the enthusiasm petered out.

I thought today that it would be interesting for us to share here some views from outside our window(s). To maintain privacy, you can crop the photo to remove any indication of where you are located and try to add a date stamp on it to indicate when during the lockdown you took it (and time if possible) or mention it in the response where you are attaching the photo.

So let's share up to three photos maximum, one in each response. Mind you, no cheating, and putting up photos when you stepped out to buy essentials! Only photos that were taken of the outside from the inside of your home should be uploaded.
    From my balcony to Southwards there is an over bridge and actually that is the part of highway on which there is always huge traffic and if we take a photograph a line of vehicles is plotted but today it is almost deserted and a small number of vehicles especially trucks are passing one after another. It is looking like an ordinary city over bridge today. One would have to zoom in to see the part of over bridge seen from my balcony. Due to a grill on my balcony the rods of grill are coming in between.
    Knowledge is power.

Delete Attachment

This is in a South-Westerly direction where the road below is looking deserted and shutters of almost all the shops are down. Normally at this time of the day the road would have a traffic jam situation as vehicles stop here due to a big crossing ahead. I could take this photo just from the in between of grill rods in my balcony.
    Knowledge is power.

Delete Attachment

This photo was clicked by my mobile jut now, after viewing this thread. That is the view ofa Jackfruit tre in our backyard and clicked from my bedroom . Jackfruit helped a lot for making vegetable dishes,chip and sweets during lockdown.

Delete Attachment

This photo is taken in an almost Westerly direction and featuring the small hills in the background. Some vehicles are parked near a closed service station which opens on some select days in a week as per the state Govt direction. The hills are quite clear in view as the pollution is almost nil now otherwise because of that we would have got a hazy picture. I could not avoid the grill rods in it as space was limited for me to move ahead with my hands. An incomplete building is also in the view.
    Knowledge is power.

Delete Attachment

Red Chilli Mangoes?
    This is of a Mango ree standing touchng the Jaxck tree shown the earlier photo. I am not able to or not knowing to add date and time tag as I clicked it from my mobile
    The details as shown in the camera pic is 15 May 2020 16.19 for thys photo and 15 May2020 16.20 for first picture.

Delete Attachment

• Sign In to post your comments