Who does these miscellaneous jobs in your house?Being a housewife I am involved and aware about many small jobs that come across and are to be taken care. Some people consider those as menial jobs and require servant to do it. My question is if servant is not available then who is supposed to attend to them. In many families it is thought to be the work and responsibility of housewife to attend to all such jobs though in some other houses the family members are cooperating and sharing these jobs so that all the load does not come on the housewife. What is the practice in your houses? Members please share. I am giving some of such miscellaneous jobs as -
1. Cleaning of kitchen or washroom sink and declogging of kitchen sink hose.
2. Keeping shoes and sandals in shoe rack.
3. Attending milkman, postman, courier etc.
4. Check the doors, windows, gallery or room lights and fans etc in the night before going to sleep.
5. Keep tea cups, water glasses back in the kitchen.
6. Charge and remove mobiles from the charger.
7. Operating the washing machine.
8. Change gas cylinder.
9. Petty purchases from nearby shops.
10. Making beds and arranging books and other scattered items in the house.