You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Interview for the post of music teacher for a private higher secondary school

This interview pertains to the post of music teacher in a private higher secondary school which is located in Delhi. Avinash is a music teacher in a higher secondary school in Bareilly and is looking for an opportunity to move to Delhi if some vacancy comes up for music teacher in some school there. He had done his Post graduation in Music from Saraswati Music College, New Delhi and as his parents were settled in Delhi, he was interested for a job in music line there. When he came to know about this position he immediately applied for the same and was called for interview and had reached the school at the scheduled time.

Avinash found that only four candidates were there in the fray and was naturally happy to see the limited competition for it. His name was second in the list and the interview started at 10:30 AM when the first candidate entered the interview cabin. About 20 minutes later the first candidate came out and Avinash was asked to go inside the cabin. As he entered the room he saw four people sitting across the centre table and seeing towards him. Avinash wished them good morning and Principal asked him to take his seat.

Principal: Avinash, you are already having a job in a reputed higher secondary school in Bareilly. How come you have applied for the same here?
    Avinash: Sir, my parents are in Delhi and I wanted to move here if some opportunity comes in my way.
    Principal: What are your main interests in music?
    Avinash: Sir, I have many interests in the field of music but some which are related to the teaching to the students of class XI and XII like Hindustani vocal music, demonstration of Ragas and other such practical things.
    Principal: Is there any particular part in the syllabus of higher secondary classes where you find some difficulty in teaching?
    Avinash: Absolutely none, Sir. We have a private music teaching academy in Bareilly where I work as part time and we are holding private classes for the students/ people interested in a variety of music courses. I have attained good experience by working there and as such I have no problem in teaching the complete syllabus.
    Principal: Ok, Avinash we are happy to interact with you and I have my last question to you that in case you are selected for this post then we would be asking you to join only after 3-4 months from now onwards and have you any reservation about that?
    Avinah: No Sir, I do not mind any such proposition.
    Principal: Alright Avinash, thanks.
    Avinash: Thank you Sir.

Avinash leaves the room and meets the school official outside to tell him that interview is over and he would be leaving.

This is my entry for the Academics Quadrathlon contest - event 3.

[Invalid entry.]
    Very short and sweet interview by the institute. The question framed and the answer provided was apt as it was very practical ones. The confidence level of the candidate, his answer and his straight forward answer shows his interest in the job and his experience in the said subject. All the best for the contest.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Another interview for a music teacher in a school. A very well conducted interview and the reason for shifting from one place to another place is also well explained by the candidate and he readily accepted for the waiting time to join. This will be a positive factor to consider his candidature for the post. Another factor one should notice is the interview is more in a general way and not specific to the subject that he is going to teach. That is also a good choice. I wish all the best to the author.
    drrao
    always confident

One more interview for the post of music teacher has come up and this time the interest of the candidate was well explained the need to get the job stressed.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The interview for the music teacher post is conducted by the principal in an easy manner and he was able to get all the information about the candidate as regards his abilities and experience for the present job. Well presented.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.