You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Advt follows me like a ghost- Request the admin to kindly check.

I'm currently writing this from my notepad. This advt is everywhere. I can't write the title or the body of the thread properly. I hit close and it slides to the side, only to appear later and to cover a good chunk of what I write. It's like driving in fog.

I want to know if other ISCians can see this happening. Or maybe it's happening with everyone associated with Adsense. I saw settings in adsense to decide the place where the ads appear. If it is in the power of admin of ISC, please do it as soon as possible. This is a horrible mess. The ad is a mess. It follows you everywhere. It doesn't let you write, hit submit or look a what you wrote later.

I don't want this mess to tail me. Due to workload, I hadn't been participating in ISC for months. Now I want to participate once again and regain my past rank and status. This mess of an advt is irritating me so much that it is killing the ideas to write about. Sure, I can write on notepad and post on ISC. But that isn't very convenient. Kindly look into this matter as soon as possible.
    I am attaching a screenshot from my phone to make you understand better.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Delete Attachment

Aditya, I think members using their mobiles face this problem. The issue has been put up to the Webmaster for clarification. Please wait for a response.

And don't let such solvable interferences irritate or disturb you. We are glad that you have decided to resume your activity here and so would like to see you marking your presence here on a daily basis.

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude."- Zig Ziglar

Aditya, I am facing some difficulty in my tablet the same way as you have indicated. But it is not a crucial problem for me as I am mostly working on my laptop where I do not find any such disturbance. In mobile, it is changing from browser to browser but is manageable. So this is a problem that different people would be experiencing in their different devices. Let us hope that the software system experts and other concerned persons would resolve this issue soon. Once a solution is obtained in the configuration of advertisements in web pages, it would be alright. We all understand that the advertisements are an integral part of a site as that is the sole source of revenue for it so we have to live with them, of course in a proper alignment with respect to our content.
    Knowledge is power.

Thanks for the assurance Saji. As Umesh said, the problem is lesser while using laptop and PC. But I like to write whenever possible, meaning I won't always be near a desktop. But thanks. I won't let this small issue deter me.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

If the members use the desk top or the lap top the overlapping of the ads does not takes place and the ads are seen to extreme side taking positions from top to bottom.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It has been informed that we will have to effect changes to the site layout to solve this issue. The problem is being addressed but may take a few weeks to be put in place. For the time being the affected members may close the ads and when they appear as that is the only way out.
    “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude."- Zig Ziglar

• Sign In to post your comments