You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Please clarify why this black block appears all of a sudden

I have been mostly concentrating on writing articles, though I do take part in the Forum, more so, if I feel some injustice is being done in the society. I have very strong emotional feelings and I have run into trouble with many Members suggesting that I should not become emotional and all that.

Be that as it may, in the articles, I have this particular problem that is now a recurring feature. I just want to know from experienced Members how to resolve this. I want to know if it is a virus problem that affects only those whose computers do not have some protection against it. Or, is it occurring because of some technical problem? And if yes, how to resolve it?

When I save an article as a draft and then get back to editing it and continuing the article, there is a big black block that appears alongside the article on the right-hand side. This is an eyesore and it affects my thought patterns. I even tend to miss vital points. I always use authentic, and verifiable points of view for my articles, and whatever I write is based on inside information gathered from so many sources.

Members who are knowledgeable about this, may please share their ideas on how to get rid of this. It has been happening only now. Please do help. Saji Sir may also please guide me, when he gets time.
    AB Sivakumar,

It seems to be a problem only with the drafts of your articles and not the case with that of others. Webmasters have been informed to help resolve the issue and will respond on locating the problem.

A suggestion - please put such issues in the forum category of problems and get to the root of the matter right off the bat instead of going off tangent with needless initial text.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Vandana Madam, After spending hours on research and talking to so many people in the industry in Chennai, I have just submitted an article on Deemed Universities of Chennai: the urge to be among the best. When I saved the article and submitted it, I clearly saw that the full text was being saved. However, when i went back to check, the final version is still incomplete ( as is shown) with the big black block appearing on the right-hand side. I still do not know why it appears as it does. Please do help to resolve this problem. Thank you.

I think it is the CSS(design script) that has been changed or changing (technically speaking). The styles (look and feel) are changing on the website as some design alterations work is going on the website that is why the black border appears in the textbox and we'll as buttons.
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

Sivakumar, I think it would be better if you could give a screenshot of the page for others to understand and analyse the problem you are facing.

Bhushan, I don't think the author is referring to the black border appearing in the text box which is a replacement to the white border that existed earlier.

“It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

Please find attached the black block... and I think it is the one the author is pointing.
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

Delete Attachment

Bhushan,

That is not what AB Sivakumar is referring to. The screenshot you have shown is, as Saji stated, simply the black border of the response box. What he is talking about is I think a black blanket cover that hides all the side panes around the main draft of his article. Only the admin. has access to the drafts of articles so only they can check it out and find out the reason. As Saji said, he can take a screenshot of it and upload it to a response in this thread for the admin. to understand what he is trying to convey.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Can we have Sivakumar back on the stage, please?
    “It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

Sir I have a snapshot of the virus and it is a word file. Please guide me as to how to bring it into a thread. As usual, am fishing in troubled waters. Once you guide me, I will be able to get it back to the forum. How to attach as a word file, if that is possible?

Sivakumar, after opening the page which displays the problem you are facing, press the print screen (prtscn) button on your keyboard (generally at the top right of the keyboard). Then get to this thread and paste the same here in the response box by pressing ctrl and v button together. The screenshot that you copied will get pasted there. Then click on the submit button.

Just for your information, I am not sure whether this is the technically correct way to do it but I generally follow this method. Try it out and get back here in case you are unable to do it.

My method of taking a screenshot is to use the snipping tool, save the image on my laptop, and then upload it here. I find this especially useful for admissions' articles when I want to incorporate a table, such as of the fees for a course, or the admissions' banner or the logo of the institute.

• Sign In to post your comments