You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The use of Insert key in your keyboard!

The inserted key is generally located on the right-hand side of the keyboard. The Insert key Insert (often abbreviated Ins) is a key commonly found on computer keyboards. It is primarily used to switch between the two text-entering modes on a personal computer or word processor: overtype mode, in which the cursor, when typing, overwrites any text that is present in the current location; and insert mode, where the cursor inserts a character at its current position, forcing all characters past it one position further. Please share your thoughts on this.
    Though there is an insert key to insert some text, I never used it, and need not use it at ISC. I had used it while in office, and while I was working with MS words for office-related letters. The computer had no mouse to use. All were controlled by the keyboard only.

At present, even I don't use the figure keys available on the extreme right of the keyboard. They never had a kick from my finger.

Insert key is useful in the absence of a mouse.

No life without Sun

The function of insert key is to type or overlap the letters on the present text. This will overwrite the message.
    Now a days how many are using key board? Speaking techniques helps the write to speak and the words are printed on the screen.

Lead the leader

In my keyboard there is 'insert' key on right hand panel top below 'printscr' key. There is another key 'Ins' onthe '0'(zero key at the righthand panel bottom.

I have not usd them till now and don't now how and when to use. After readingthis thread I made a trial and error. Nothing happened. I may try to know more later.

After reading the thread, I too tried my best to find the use of the INS key. It doesn't work. It writes only 0 ( Zero). There is nothing to insert and see.
    No life without Sun

Type some text I am pressing insert the key and put back cursor to I then press the Insert key then it will be overlapped the text. (try it in ms word)
    Probability a theory based on Assumptions and Negativity(Elimination). It is used in the evolution of atomic theory.--- Bhushan

Though I am using the desk top computer keyboard widely some of the keys are not used at all like the F1 to F 12 and even the insert key as referred by the author. I will try the new use told by the members.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I never used this insert key. On my laptop insert key is there on the top row on the right-hand side and it is the third key from the right side. There is no separate INS key. Now I understood the use of this. I will try to use when necessary. Thanks for the information.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments