You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Sun pricks our skin like using a magnifying glass

The Sun heat in our area is horrible and cannot be tolerated by normal person because the intensity of heat is so great that heat goes into the skin as if a magnifying glass is used to damage our skin layers. And the newly laid asphalt roads add misery to the road users especially the two wheeler riders as they cannot tolerate vapors coming out of heat on the road. The reason for such over heat is not known but now the self stay at home is being extended by ourselves not because of any disease but for the fear of sunstroke due to over heat.
    True. The temperature is very high and even inside the house also if you keep the door opened you are feeling the heatwave. The requirement for water is increasing. Many glasses of water in taking. I have not gone outside for 15 days. Even then I am feeling the heat. In our area, the streets are completely vacant and no movement of people or vehicles. Not due to lockdown but for the heatwave.
    Very difficult for the people who go for outdoor works during this time. From morning 11 AM to almost 5 PM it is very hot and the sun rays very severe and they are creating itching sensation. My son who went to the office yesterday faced this and told me in the evening after coming back.
    It is the best to be indoors as much as possible and if it is an absolute necessity only we should dare to step out. Stay home and stay safe. Many people are complaining about the dehydration issue also.

drrao
    always confident

From many places people are reporting that intensity of heat is more. Though in some parts of North India there was some relief as there were rains in the Himalayan ranges but now again it is scorching heat there. We can only hope for the early rains and get us rid of this scorching sun. I am in Navi Mumbai area and so far we do not have water problem but the sun is really piercing and scorching. Anyway, because of the virus threat we are not going out also. Only in the morning there is some respite from heat when the wind is blowing and as this place is in the vicinity of sea the breeze is not very hot.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Mohan, we are already discussing the temperature in Hyderabad in another recent thread and you have also posted a response there. It is also amusing to note that Dr Rao who has raised the thread did not find anything similar here and chose to post a response without mentioning his thread.

You (and Dr Rao also) are requested to kindly go through this thread regarding repeated topics.

“The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.