You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The Bible and the prophecy

I have read this:
    2 Chronicles 7:13-14
    "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Is this not an excellent prophecy about the present-day happenings.

I wonder the words locusts appearing in this along with epidemic.

Your comments, Please
    There are lots of prayers done by people at their homes, poojas at the temples. All religious people are praying the Almighty to free them from the fear of this deadly virus corona.
    May be the problems has made few of our people take diversions but the media is utilising this period to show both the religious programmes and the updated figures on corona victims.

Lead the leader

The author has presented an apt quote from the holy book and it is interesting to go through those contents. It may look surprising and amazing as how people or saints of that time could visualise the future events to be faced by the humanity and mankind.

If we go in the anatomy of various religions then everywhere depiction of mass destructions and calamities are presented albeit in different forms. In Hindu mythology the end of the world is linked to Kalki Avatar who would be instrumental to finish this beautiful world. Nostradamus, the famous French astrologer, physician and a seer, had written a collection of 942 poetic predictions and many people are baffled and surprised by the truth and correctness found in some of them. Of course these perceptions depend on how we look up to these things. Some believe in them, some discard them, some say it is merely coincidence, some say they are too general, some even say they are illogical and irrational etc but scholars are always researching to find truth in these predictions.

Knowledge is power.

Not only Bible and other epics also say that when there is lots of sin done on daily basis and when it over flows, the God has to intervene and set right the things.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

When we read about pandemics and locust attacks, it is very concerning to people as it is going bad to worse. When we open our religious scripts for relief, it also highlights incidents and warnings about such incidents and calamities and even prophesies about what would happen, why and when.

The present-day happenings by locusts since time is evident in the Mahabharata, a poem that recited by Karna to his rival Arjuna when they face each other on the battleground. In the Bible, the Book of Exodus has notes about locusts as the eighth plague. A plague caused by locust that caused huge death rates is also mentioned in the Quran.

Every scripture has given a warning about the plagues and calamities that will occur to humans as and when sins overflow the cup. We, humans, have changed so much that humanity has taken the back seat and only monetary gain is driving in this present world. Take it either way, whenever the cup overflows, there comes some or other forms of destruction that make humans think in the way of spirituality and know that there is one supreme power that is looking, ignoring, forgiving and wanting us to be good children and make this earth a better place.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

It is very nice to know that the Bible has a mention about the present-day happenings and thanks to the author for bringing this excellent paragraph to the knowledge of people like me who never read the Bible.
    There was a saint called Veerabrahmendra Swamy in the State of Andhra Pradesh. He wrote a book called Kalagyanam. In this particular book, he has mentioned about many things which are going to happen on this earth. Many of his writings were proved to be right afterwards. He also mentioned about the Corona Virus. He said that this virus will spread all over the world and many people die. That has come true now. But we never believe these words that are written in the Bible or any other religious book and will not be careful. But we will highlight those issues only after happening. We are not using the available information wisely and we are not getting ready to face the situation before the unwanted happens.

drrao
    always confident

We all heard and worried about doomsday which is the judgement day. We expected it in the year 2000. It did not happen then. Probably the almighty has delayed it for 20 years to make it happen in the year 2020. But no one knew how the destruction would start on the doomsday. Everyone thought that the sea would rise suddenly and cover the land parts on this earth or a planet will hit the earth and make all of us flat. It is not so. The real doomsday is this day that we are facing now. It is the destruction through an invisible virus. It is the destruction through the pandemic. A virus causes disease and kills a person. But locusts eat away the crops and make people starve without food.
    The Holy books and the prophecies warns us in advance, but we neglect them and suffer.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments