You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Education makes us qualified, learning brings wisdom to us

By giving exams and getting degrees we simply become qualified for a position or job. True colour of education is revealed when we use it in practical life and apply it in real life situations. Then only we learn something out of it and that is actually the process of gathering experience. Simple getting education has no meaning if we are not able to utilise it in our lives in a positive and creative ways leading to learning. The next stage is to acquire wisdom through learning and accumulate experience. This is the sequence of events that lead to learning and eventually wisdom. Wise people know these things well and that is why they are different from the ordinary ones. What do members think about this? Let us discuss.
    When we acquire knowledge on schools and colleges then that is more of academic nature. But we require it for getting a job. While working we kern many things and everything adds to our experiences. So, learning would be there throughout our life and can finally make a person wiser. This is a process which is time consuming and people have to wait long before they enter that wiser club.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

My idea in floating this post was to differentiate between the academic achievements vis-a-vis the practicalities of life where wisdom is required.
    Knowledge is power.

Education means a certificate-based one. Whether this statement can be accepted, anyone? But, it is utterly false because a farmer who put crops and took excellent reap from it. What is the training and certificate get from it to do such an activity? Another example, a weaver who knit excellent clothes with different colored threads. What is the certificate he has for such creative activity? That means there is no relationship between academic study and practical experience. Those who have practical experience they can use it for their livelihood. An illiterate candidate can do the work excellent if adequate training in that will be given by expert in that shop or firm.
    I believe in a positive attitude. I like those who criticize me.

kncharyulu:
    Yes, you have an apt observation as there are many less educated and school dropouts who have done exceedingly well in their lives.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments