Educational Fees should be discounted or not in the Corona pandemic time ?It is Mid of June 2020, so many of the SSC, CBSE and ICSE board schoold have started the terms of
educational year 2020-21 in the form of online education or E-learning format. Many of the educational institutes across India are demanding advance fees payments from the students' parents. On this issue I would like you to discuss your opinion about the "School Fees in Corona Pandemic times".
Please take in account the following points to discuss:
1. Many of the people across India and abroad have lost the earning opportunities due to the world wide economics crisis caused due to Corona pandemic. Those who still manage to earn are facing up to 50% cuts in the pay. So, How the parents will manage to pay the hefty fees of the schools?
2. Schools are operating in online mode henceforth for undisclosed times. Hence, practically there are lesser overhead burden on school with respect to electricity, cleaning and property maintenance etc.
3. More expenses burden on parents for attending the online classes, such as, electricity for laptop/Desktop PC, data charges for internet, etc.
4. In some families there is just 1 spare electronic device for kids use and students are more than one. In such cases, parents need to arrange/buy a extra Tab/laptop for other pupil to attend online class.
5. Some families are earning just hand-to-mouth. It is quite a luxury for them to attend online classes. So how will they even pay fees for school?
Please, put some light on these points and state if the School fees should be reduced in this critical time.