You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What are the new gadgets you bought during this lock down?

Since we avoid going out unnecessarily, we started making to get things done from home. Though we get things delivered to our doors, few jobs cannot be door delivered but done by yourself.
    Though online classes are taking place, students need study materials. Likewise, Many bought books instead of getting it from the library. Also few are buying Gym equipment as they are unable to go to the gym regularly. Many started concentrating on learning new skills like music and getting musical instruments. Bachelors and people work in a new place, who are dependent on outside foods, now started setting up their kitchen with induction stove, mixer grinder and new vessels. Parents involved in homeschooling get enough of online materials but to make kids work on them, they need printers for their children. So, what is the new thing or gadget that you bought during this lockdown?
    As we all are locked in house so everyone preferring to buy gadgets according to requirement. Since everywhere online class is going on so main requirement are laptop and mobile. Mostly parents buying mobile and laptop for school going kids. Some people buying gym equipment too for health purpose. Bachelors buying kitchen items for set up their kitchen. Because they can't have outside food because of lockdown. Moreover, some people buying outdoor game items for fun at home. I also bought mobile for communication with family members.

During the lockdown we started purchasing everything online including vegetables and the same trend is going on now also. Vegetables, items required for the kitchen are being ordered online and they are delivered the next day at our house. I was in a village for the initial period of lockdown and even in that village also we were getting all items delivered at our house. We used to order the requirement over the phone to the shop owner and he was sending the items through somebody to our house. During the first week of May, I came to Hyderabad and here also we are ordering the items online only. I have purchased some books related to Telugu mythology to read online. My son obtained dumbbells for exercise online. My brother's son who stays with us purchased a laptop online. Many other items like innerwear, kids requirements and some other items are obtained online. Till today we have not gone to any shop except for opticals for purchases after the announcement of lockdown.
    drrao
    always confident

During this lock down period we made the purchase for my daughter the Lenova note book as her MBBS 3 rd year classes are going on line and she has to study and go through the video notes on third and forth year which is mandatory to study and participate in the exams. Though she had the smart phone which can serve the purpose but the video notes cannot be loaded more on the cell phone and thus it has become necessary to have the note book for her wide use. Nothing else were purchased other than the requirement for the home like provisions, vegetables and fruits.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sorry, I did not buy any gadgets or any kitchen appliances during the lockdown. Everything is available at home except gas cylinders that was supplied without fail by the gas agencies. I bought a book titled " Speak Kannada in 30 days" and a 76-page notebook from a Kirana shop near my home, to learn Kannada. I concentrated on my FB account and could get more than 100 friends. That helped me to form a WhatsApp group with my good old lost friends. Now, I am busy operating ISC, Fb and WhatsApp to kill/pass time.
    No life without Sun

I did not buy anything new during the lockdown period. We were buying only the minimum essentials -grocery, vegetables, fruits and medicines only for day to day life.
    My brother bought a second-hand mobile phone when the relaxations started that was, because his wife's phone was not working, and he could not get it repaired as spare parts were not available. The service centre person advised to take a second hand phone.

I bought a tablet during this lockdown as I had to work from home and it was required. I remember how helpless the guys who were not having tablet or laptop felt as they had to work through their smart phones and it's not easy to handle the excel files on phones.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.