You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Did you know ISC has crossed more than seven lakhs forum responses

While responding to Sun birthday wishes, I found that my reply stands at the count of 7,00,013 and that proves that we have crossed the mile stone of more than seven lakh forum responses in the span of 13 years of ISC inception. And on scrutinizing the contribution made by me during the period of 11 years and more in this site it amounts to 56,438 responses so far. That works out to roughly 8.5 percent and more of the site forum responses from my side. I would request you to make calculations and cite your contributions in numbers and percentage. Take pride on being the member of this great site.
    When our online members are yet to respond for this thread Google already indexed it.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Delete Attachment

Mohan, you have an impressive number for the forum responses and it shows your knowledge in varied topics and subjects. A platform would definitely be proud of such contributing members. I wish you remain active here at least till you make this figure to reach 1 lakh though we would be happier if you remain here forever. I wholeheartedly wish for that.

I am also much active in forum section though my next main activity is in Ask Experts section and then Resource responses and last but not the least Article section (I agree, I have to do some more efforts there). Once I was much active in My India section and a little bit in Job section also. Usually, I try to participate in the contests whether they are easy or tough, just to learn from others and to find out where I stand.

My statistics is 600+ forum posts, 7000+ forum responses, 2000+ Ask Experts questions answered, 700+ Resource responses made and still continuing till my health permits. Incidentally, I am also active in many other sites and also have a blog and doing some miscellaneous freelancing etc but ISC is the only site where we are having continuous learning opportunities. I will not to go in details as I have mentioned it umpteen number of times.

Knowledge is power.

Just after posting my response I saw your post about Google mentioning it. It is really great, we feel so nice about it.
    Knowledge is power.

It is very nice to note that the number of forum posts crossed 7 lakhs and I congratulate all the concerned for this. This section is very vibrant and many new people are seen very active here these days.
    As far as my contributions ate concerned. 724 forum posts, 13447 forum responses. This is in the span of 3 and a half years. I started active permission from December 2016. In addition to the above two, my other main contributions are 60 resources, 661 resource responses, 2762 expert answers. Till I am trying to contribute some more. But I don't know how long I can continue.
    It is very nice to see that already google has indexed this thread and congratulations to the author for the same.

drrao
    always confident

Good observation, reporting and sharing of information about our contribution to ISC. I have contributed 29395 forum responses. It is 4.2 percent of the total forum responses of 700013. It is 1/25th of the total forum responses. My performance was not bad in any way. I contributed this unintentionally without setting any goal to achieve. And I really wonder about my share of 1/25 forum responses.
    Wah! Sun, You are great after Mohan. Is there anyone between Mohan and SuN? There may be or may not be.
    Is this not a self-appreciation or drum beating our own achievements?
    This should be done by ISC once in a decade, and award some incentives for the member's contribution. After reading this thread and thread responses, I think ISC Admin would swing into action to honour the members.

No life without Sun

Dear ISC, Kindly spare some fund and plan for the following Awards (Three positions - First, second and third). It can be titled as " Decade Award"

1. Members contributed with more Resources/Articles.
    2. Members who have asked more Questions in the AE section
    3. Members who posted maximum answers in the AE section
    4. Members who posted maximum thread posts in the Forum section
    5. Members who Posted maximum responses in the Forum Section.
    And in the other sections like Jobs, courses, etc.
    The incentive need not be an elephant weight, maybe a peanut size.
    I sincerely hope that my fellow ISCian will support my suggestion, and ISC will consider it for action.

No life without Sun

That's a milestone I would say. The Forum section in ISC is the most vibrant section where members are coming up with threads on various topics. Depending on the topic and the write-up members reply to them. This is the section where a variety of things are discussed and this milestone has been achieved because of the effort of all the members with active support from the admin and the editorial team. While we must continue posting thought-provoking threads on different topics to keep the forum section vibrant we must also look that the posting guidelines are maintained in all our threads. We all are reading various materials on a regular basis and have lots of ideas to share with others. Let's spare some time to share those on this platform. From the scoreboard, I found that I have posted more than 290 threads and more than 1900 responses in this section. Though it's a small one compared to the total number of responses, it's our collective effort. Well done, members! Keep it up.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I am surprised to see such good contribution of a member here. I have been in and out of this site so have very less contribution here. Just checked I have just 2526 forum responses and 215 forum posts which is far lesser than you Mohan.

It's good to know that ISC has such good statistics.

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Statistics amuse us many times. They give a lot of information on review and analysis. It is also ice to now that you have exceeded half a lakh response posts in forum.
    However it will be more satisfying if our contributions help growth and enrich ISC and become useful to the readers and visitors of the site.
    Though I was consistently active in Forum and some more sections in the initial few years, I had a lot of interregnum and thin activity at times. Hence I may not be able to claim about numbers of contribution. But I feel content and still eager and interested.
    Regarding SuN's suggestion i #700033,thouugh any gain to members is welcome, let us all contribute in a way that ISC attains some real milestone and revenue growth so that we can justifiably claim such and more compensations.
    Let there be many more milestones to celebrate.

Certainly ISC has grown leap and bounds and the way new things are introduced and new spider sites have been started proves awesome growth.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments