You must Sign In to post a response.
During various moments of a school day, you will have used some type of box. Put your thinking cap on, reminisce about those days at school and, well, think out of the box for this creative writing contest! Closing date: 26th June 2020.
  • Category: Reward Programs

A school box - creative writing contest

During our academic years at school, all of us had a pencil box. However, there are other boxes, too, related to our school life. Thinking about these boxes (I thought of at least 10) a concept for a creative writing contest came to mind.

What you have to do: Write a creative story (no poems will be accepted) on any type of box (one type only) related to school life. The entire story should include only that one box and no other box should be included. The story can even be autobiographical in nature. Submit your story in - Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel>>Creative Writing. At the end of the story, please mention that it is an entry to this contest, with a link to this announcement page. For this contest, we are not going to put any word limit, but we do expect you not to write some l-o-n-g rambling story. Try to keep it as crisp as possible within approx. 500-550 words. Keep in mind that even a very short story can win a prize. You can include a variety of characters and dialogues and write in any genre, making it humourous, thrilling, put in a sci-fi touch, etc. Give your imagination totally free rein and you need not focus only on something connected to a child/student (that's a tip!). It is also not necessary to literally place the story within a school campus but should be related in some way to school (another tip!).

Rules:-
    1. The story should be in English only and must include one relevant link (not more than one) to any section of ISC. The title of the story must include the word 'school' and also the word 'box' or it's plural 'boxes'.
    2. A member can submit only one story. You are permitted to edit the story to make corrections, add characters, put in a link, etc but should not change the core of the story.
    3. Do not use slang words or any type of indecent humour.
    4. After submitting your story, you need to give a direct link to it in a response to this thread so that the jury panel can access it quickly.

Closing date and time: 26th June 2020, midnight (IST).

The prizes-
    1. The two best entries will each get a cash award of Rs.125/-.
    2. The second best entry will be awarded Rs.100/-.
    3. Instead of a third prize, we will reward all non-winning entries cash credits up to a maximum of Rs.25/-, provided they are judged to be deserving ones. Enhanced points, too, will accordingly be given.

So what are you waiting for? Think out of the box and submit your entries soon!

Members are welcome to respond to the story entry thread in an intelligent manner, these responses also being eligible for points and cc after the winners are declared. Any queries related to this contest should be posted in a response to this thread only.
    Mysterious first aid box in school is my creation for this contest.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My entry to the creative contest on the A school box appended here.
    My school box is the treasure of my thoughts and future

K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Please find my entery for this contest here

Please find my entry School Lunch Box Converted their Eating Habit
    No life without Sun

My entry for this contest Different desires satisfied by one of the schools box

My entry for the school box creative writing contest is here:
    Story of an aluminium school box

Honesty is the best policy.

The link for my entry for this contest is given below-
    The question box- My favourite school box

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

The link for my entry for this story contest is below:
    Shyam and his two double-decker food boxes for school

My entry over here: Was my dream trapped in the box?

My entry is:
    School box remembered my seventh standard

This topic literally made me nostalgic about my school. Thanks editor Mam.

But rather than touching memories I have tried to write a story based on an experiment I am doing for my kids in real life. Hope my fellow members like to read it.

Mother Gifts a Magical Mind Box on First Day of School

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

My entry link for creative story writing contest is below:-https://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/170965-a-school-box-creative-writing-contest

My entry to this contest

Second child's first school geometry box

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Sanchita Ranjan,

In your response you have given the URL of this announcement thread. You need to give the URL of the thread in which your story has been submitted. To know about giving a link to the story, please read the Help Topic on how to create a hyperlink (clickable link) to other pages.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Jannane M,

You have not given the link to your story correctly. An editor can correct it for you, but we would prefer that members learn how to use the right HTML tags and provide the link correctly. It would be good to check out the Help topic on the correct HTML tags, the link to which I have given above in my response addressed to Sanchita Ranjan.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

The school box beside the coffin is my entry for the contest.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

This is my entry for the contest;

The Barbie school box and its master baby girl

Let's enlighten paths with the ray of knowledge.
    Monika Kushwaha

This is my entry for the school box - creative writing contest -
    A memorable school box gift from my uncle.

Knowledge is power.

This is the entry for the School box creative writing contest
    My complimentary lunch box during my high school studies.

drrao
    always confident

Kindly find my entry for the creative writing contest. The write- up is a bit lengthy but could not cut it more as mentioned or wanted but hope you all will like it. The link of the content is given below:

The School ground: A box of various shape that taught the best lessons of life

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

My entry for the contest is the school lunch box food fun and much more

My entry for the contest is a short story of my friend, Smitha The clutter box fluttering around the school.
    Lead the leader

This is my entry

My pencil box was my identity

My entry for the contest is:

Ever Helpful Worry Box in the School.

My submission:

School box culture is life's asset

shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.