ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge- Participate and win prizes!- Updated.Here comes the first of a series of reward programs that have been scheduled to be held in connection with ISC's 13th Birthday Celebrations starting from tomorrow, the 1st of July 2020.
Friends, we are announcing - 'A thread a day challenge contest'- fifteen beautiful threads in fifteen days! Each participating member who takes up the challenge will have to post a thread daily to become a part of this challenge. The challenge also includes a proper follow up of the thread and replying to responses that are posted until the contest results are announced.
Please note for strict adherence-
A) What you need to do-
1. Post a response to this thread saying that you have accepted the challenge.
2. Post one thread daily, starting from tomorrow till the 15th of July, as part of this contest, and give a clickable link of that thread as a response to this thread. You will also have to give a clickable link of this announcement thread in the challenge thread.
3. It may please be noted that only the thread which connects with links as suggested at 2 above will be considered for the contest and not any other thread that you may post during the period. Also, once you must not change your entry once it has been submitted.
4. Keep a track of your threads and reply to responses as and when required. It might be in the form of explanation, clarification, justification etc.
B) Guidelines -
1. It goes without saying that the guidelines for posting forum threads and responses will definitely be applicable for this challenge also.
2. You must not repeat the topics that are posted as part of the challenge or otherwise.
3. You must not post on topics that have been posted recently and the threads must not be on the usual run of the mill topics either. It would be better to avoid general and common topics as well. (A tip). Come up with new ideas and thoughts that can make one think.
4. The threads should be such that the content is sufficient to enable a meaningful discussion.
5. Poems, jokes, puzzles or quizzes are not permitted.
6. Proper and logical conception, conversion, execution and conveyance of ideas and thoughts is an important point to be kept in mind while submitting threads.
The requirement is that once you accept the challenge and start by posting the first thread tomorrow, that is the 1st of July, you will have to post one thread daily as part of this challenge to be eligible to be considered for a prize. There is no restriction in posting regular threads but the total would be subject to the posting limitations.
We will decide the rewards and the number of prizes as the contest progress and an update will be posted in this thread later. Just be rest assured that the prizes will be worth your efforts! Please keep in mind the point regarding following up your thread because that also is a criterion to decide the winners.
Participating and non-participating members who post good responses will also be suitably rewarded based on the quality and relevance of the responses.
Updated- 03rd July
First Prize- Rs 125/-
Second prize- Rs 100/-
Third prize- Rs 75/-
And consolation prize of Rs 40/-
The number and format of prizes may be increased or decreased as per the quality and quantity of entries.
You may post a response to this thread in case of any doubt.
So, start preparing for the challenge right away. Think properly and note down and draft your unique ideas for fifteen threads and start posting them one by one daily starting from tomorrow.
Let me remind you all once again to read all the points given above as What to do's, Guidelines and Points to be noted and follow them religiously.
It is a challenge. Take it in the right spirit and start off. We expect all our active members, including editors, to take up this challenge and participate in the contest.
What are you waiting for? The game is on!
The ball starts rolling tomorrow and will stop as the clock strikes midnight on the 15th of July '20.