You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

ISC 13th Birthday Special- A thread a day challenge- Participate and win prizes!- Updated.

Here comes the first of a series of reward programs that have been scheduled to be held in connection with ISC's 13th Birthday Celebrations starting from tomorrow, the 1st of July 2020.

Friends, we are announcing - 'A thread a day challenge contest'- fifteen beautiful threads in fifteen days! Each participating member who takes up the challenge will have to post a thread daily to become a part of this challenge. The challenge also includes a proper follow up of the thread and replying to responses that are posted until the contest results are announced.

Please note for strict adherence-

A) What you need to do-
    1. Post a response to this thread saying that you have accepted the challenge.
    2. Post one thread daily, starting from tomorrow till the 15th of July, as part of this contest, and give a clickable link of that thread as a response to this thread. You will also have to give a clickable link of this announcement thread in the challenge thread.
    3. It may please be noted that only the thread which connects with links as suggested at 2 above will be considered for the contest and not any other thread that you may post during the period. Also, once you must not change your entry once it has been submitted.
    4. Keep a track of your threads and reply to responses as and when required. It might be in the form of explanation, clarification, justification etc.

B) Guidelines -
    1. It goes without saying that the guidelines for posting forum threads and responses will definitely be applicable for this challenge also.
    2. You must not repeat the topics that are posted as part of the challenge or otherwise.
    3. You must not post on topics that have been posted recently and the threads must not be on the usual run of the mill topics either. It would be better to avoid general and common topics as well. (A tip). Come up with new ideas and thoughts that can make one think.
    4. The threads should be such that the content is sufficient to enable a meaningful discussion.
    5. Poems, jokes, puzzles or quizzes are not permitted.
    6. Proper and logical conception, conversion, execution and conveyance of ideas and thoughts is an important point to be kept in mind while submitting threads.

C. Note-
    The requirement is that once you accept the challenge and start by posting the first thread tomorrow, that is the 1st of July, you will have to post one thread daily as part of this challenge to be eligible to be considered for a prize. There is no restriction in posting regular threads but the total would be subject to the posting limitations.

Prizes-
    We will decide the rewards and the number of prizes as the contest progress and an update will be posted in this thread later. Just be rest assured that the prizes will be worth your efforts! Please keep in mind the point regarding following up your thread because that also is a criterion to decide the winners.
    Participating and non-participating members who post good responses will also be suitably rewarded based on the quality and relevance of the responses.
    Updated- 03rd July
    First Prize- Rs 125/-
    Second prize- Rs 100/-
    Third prize- Rs 75/-
    And consolation prize of Rs 40/-
    The number and format of prizes may be increased or decreased as per the quality and quantity of entries.

You may post a response to this thread in case of any doubt.

So, start preparing for the challenge right away. Think properly and note down and draft your unique ideas for fifteen threads and start posting them one by one daily starting from tomorrow.

Let me remind you all once again to read all the points given above as What to do's, Guidelines and Points to be noted and follow them religiously.

It is a challenge. Take it in the right spirit and start off. We expect all our active members, including editors, to take up this challenge and participate in the contest.

What are you waiting for? The game is on!

The ball starts rolling tomorrow and will stop as the clock strikes midnight on the 15th of July '20.
    Sir,
    Do all the threads need to be connected or linked to each other or they could be different?

Let's enlighten paths with the ray of knowledge.
    Monika Kushwaha

Monika, the entries need not be connected or linked. You only need to interconnect this announcement thread and your daily entry by giving clickable links to each other.

I have further clarified the point above at Serial number 3 at A above, in the announcement. Hope there is no ambiguity now.

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude."- Zig Ziglar

I am willing to join this contest and ready to post one thread a day starting from tomorrow on varied topics which were not appeared in the forum previously.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I'm taking up this challenge, keen on participating too out of sheer zeal and determination and not for the rewards. The reason - I have been attempting to submit threads daily since the past many months after a remark by Neeraj that it would not be possible so took that remark as a challenge. However, invariably on a few days, I missed out on submitting one. So let me see if I can submit on all 31 days of this month, starting with this challenge at least!

I think everyone is supposed to submit their 15 threads in a single response starting from 1st July and not each thread in separate responses.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I have geared up to take up the challenge. I am ready to take off on 1st July 2020 and land on 15th July 2020. I am ready to fly non-stop for 15 days.

Note: Please don't interrupt my flight with delete.

Vandana
    Your words - "I think everyone is supposed to submit their 15 threads in a single response starting from 1st July and not each thread in separate responses."

I am confused. "Submit their15 threads in a single response" is not clear. please clarify.

I will post one thread each day with different titles.

No life without Sun

So far, I am not a fast contributor in posting newer threads but I want to take this challenge and beginning 1st July I would post a thread daily till 15th which is the end date of this challenge.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Sun, it means the links for all the 15 threads are to be mentioned in one single response.
    Patience and perseverance pays

I have accepted the challenge and now I am eager to post new threads everyday, starting from tomorrow.
    Monika Kushwaha

I have accepted the challenge and I shall post a new thread every day, till the 15th of this month, and also abide by the rules specified in this regard.

I am not a regular poster or regular in posting new threads every day but I would like to try my bit to participate in the - A thread a day challenge and make the 13th Birthday of ISC a Special one for the site as well for me. I will try my best to keep the thread unique and powwow type.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

I would like to participate in the contest to wish each day as a birthday present to mark the birthday of ISC. I was also trying to achieve this one day, one thread which dropped from my hands. This is a better opportunity, I will try to grab it.
    Lead the leader

Although I am rarely seen in Forum activities I would like to participate in this contest challenging myself for posting a thread every day.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Dhruv, Vandana and Saji Ganesh,
    How can I mention all the 15 threads in one response? Is it one response or one thread?

1. I will post 15 threads separately one each a day.
    2. I will give an internal link to some posts, and also link this contest announcing thread. So, in a thread there will be two links.
    3. Finally, on 15th July, I will post one single response in this thread consolidating the titles of all the 15 threads.

Is it Okay?

No life without Sun

Yes. I am also interested in participating in this challenge. I will post a thread every day. In normal days also I do this but in between a day or two is missing. Now I will see that I will not miss for these fifteen days. It is one way good that we will have good traffic for the forum section and many threads will be there. A good thought from ISC.
    drrao
    always confident

I am also taking up this challenge. though I am not a regular contributor in the forum section so it is really a big challenge for me to post a thread daily. So, I am eagerly waiting to start the challenge.
    Honesty is the best policy.

#701127, 701129 and 701138 and also for the information of all the participants, let me clarify. Post a thread as a normal forum thread daily. Give a link of this contest thread in that thread and mention that it is an entry for this contest and then give a clickable link of that entry in this thread as a response.
    For example, the link in the entry thread will be like -This is an entry for the A thread a day challenge contest (give clickable link) and the link in the response to this thread will be something like - 'Title of your thread' is my entry for 01st July (clickable link) and so on till the 15th.
    Hope the matter is clear.

Updated on 01 July- Please check out my response at #701212 for the final decision in this connection.

I am not very regular in posting threads in the forum, so it's a challenge for me to think of a new discussion topic and start a thread each day for fifteen days continuously. I accept this challenge.

Well, I have a question:

Are we supposed to give an internal link in our thread? Kindly clear the doubt.

shampasaid

Shampa, you may or may not. It is not a requirement for the contest.

I wish to participate in this contest in association with ISC Birthday. I appreciate ISC management to conduct this contest on the eve of ISC Birthday.

Okay, I am also in for this interesting ISC Birthday Challenge. Do not know how long I will be able to sustain the heat. Anyway, will try my best to pull through the entire 15 days. All the best to every other challenger.

Please count me in. I will also try to post a new thread each day till 15th July for ISC birthday Challenge contest.

Thank you, Saji Ganesh Sir, for clearing my doubt.
    shampasaid

I would also be participating in this 15 days continuous forum posting challenge.
    Knowledge is power.

As ISC is celebrating its 13rh birthday.... it should have been only 13 posts and not 15 but as mentioned in the post, one will have to post 15 threads in a month. What do others think about it?

Here are my submissions for the - A thread a day challenge:
    - 1st July(Thread-1): Why "like Repels" and "Opposites attracts"?
    - 2nd July(Thread-2): Why fathers never express their feelings?
    - 3rd July(Thread-3): Is the world we live in, really small?
    - 4th July(Thread-4): Social distancing: The new trend to be followed in life.
    - 5th July(Thread-5): Movies do convey some universal life lesson.
    - 6th July(Thread-6): Indian Constitution Law with loopholes: Is it deliberate or unseen?
    - 7th July(Thread-7): Love Yourself - The best gift you can give to yourself.
    - 8th July(Thread-8): Learn to "Forgive" to set free the prisoner in you.
    - 9th July(Thread-9): Which are your best Brainstorming place and time?

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

This is definitely tempting me because of the interest and eagernes of so many members. Though I am not that copious in initiating threads, I would like to give this challeneg to myself and try my best. Hope I can churn topics and threads consistently for 15 days. If I can then that will be an achievement to myself.

Regarding the various doubts of postingresponses,
    can't we adopt the style of submitting articles? Like submitting the list one by one in chronological order under the first day's thread listing itself ,,for the next fourten days too, by using the edit button?
    Just a suggestion. How space will get adjusted I don't know technically.

Following is/are the links to my entry threads for this Challenge contest.

Thread1 : July Ist: "Thread –a-day to keep ISC hold the sway"
    Thread 2 : July 2: Is that Good teachers create good students or good students create good teachers
    Thread 3:July 3rd: Will China's fate be like that of Bhasmasura
    Thread 4: July 4: Doles and donations in excess destroy the drive of people
    Thread5: July5 : Do people have a rethinking about modern medicine post Covid
    Thread 6: July 6: Life is a flute with holes and hollowness-but lovely music comes out of it
    Thread 7: July 7: To pay or give, online remains ON; to get back it is NO

Thread 8: July 8: We are halfway do you feel the thread challenge fatigue
    Thread 9: July 9: Front benchers or back benchers in school, but life gradually evens out both
    Thread 10: July 10: Aspire, but prepare and perspire, do not despair

I'll also take part in this contest.

1st thread

2nd thread

3rd thread

4th thread

>5th thread

6th thread

7th thread

8th thread

9th thread

This is my entry for the contest on day one, which is July 1, 2020

let us teach all epics to all children before five years of age.

Participants to please note- The suggestion by Venkiteswaran sir at #701206 is good and practical. It would be easy for the judging panel also to follow the threads by each participant. So, please list your daily entries under the same response by using the edit button.

I have already raised first thread of the daily one thread contest and here is the link.
    Practice stringent austerity measures to earn back loses
    1st day entry
    Practice to stay alone and stay strong 2nd day entry
    Take pride being a initiator rather being a follower 3rd day entry
    Keep learning every day from every one 4th day entry
    If advises given for free people are not accepting to be genuine 5th day entry
    Breath easy- When we will get rid of wearing masks? 6th day entry
    China goes back from border on seeing surging support for India 7th day entry
    Education is not full and total if the portions are cut by 30 per cent 8th day entry
    Be happy even in trying times. You would surely induce others 9th day entry
    Shun enmity extend heart of friendship 10th day entry

K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My day wise posts for this thread a day challenge are as follows -
    1st thread - 1st July 2020 - Housewife can only make the house clutter free.

2nd thread - 2nd July 2020 - As a citizen what should be our contributions towards the progress of our country.

3rd thread - 3rd July 2020 - With more and more facilities we are becoming lazy.

4th thread - 4th July 2020 - Is pen mightier than sword?

5th thread - 5th July 2020 - Being austere is not miserly.

6th thread - 6th July 2020 - Working piecemeal would never be fruitful.

7th thread - 7th July 2020 - Our young entrepreneurs and innovators can do it.

8th thread - 8th July 2020 - Children would learn what they see and not what we preach them.

9th thread - 9th July 2020 - The wearer knows where the shoe pinches.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Dear ISC,
    My Posts for the ISC's 13th Birthday contest.
    01 /15 - Thread for 01 July 2020 - Should a peace lover hold weapon in hand?

02/15 - thread for 02 July 2020 - Let us not differentiate. Let the disabled be abled and differently abled be specially abled

03/15 - Thread for 03 July 2020 - The cry of a set square of a Geometry box

04/15 - Thread for 04 July 2020 - Let us enrich our English vocabulary with words of apprciation

05/15 - Thread for 05 July 2020 - If given a chance, what would you like to be - a writer or a speaker

06/15 - Thread for 06 July 2020 - No life without mask on earth. What is the state of your masks?

07/15 - Thread for 07 July 2020 - A new word found Modivation

08/15 - Thread for 08 July 2020 - I was happy with ONE then, not happy with 100 now

09/15 - Thread for 09 July 2020 - How to improve and enhance your English vocabulary. Follow me

No life without Sun

Let me remind the participants the point about following your threads and reacting to responses ( as per requirement).

The following are the links to my entry threads for this Challenge contest-

1st July 2020- What if the water becomes colourful

2nd July 2020- While getting clicked

3rd July 2020- Is it really a sacrifice?

4th July 2020- Which habit of yours made you get scolded the most?

5th July 2020- It's how you react that matters

6th July 2020- What surprises you the most about nature?

7th July 2020- Funny hooting statements or dialogues we used

8th July 2020- Reading newspaper or watching news channel- What do you prefer?

9th July 2020- The era of STD calls

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

This is my submission for day 1 ie 1/7/2020 for this contest.
    Action delayed is as good as no action

Submission for Day 2.
    Never judge a person by appearance

Submission for Day3,
    Finding fault with others is easy.

Submission for Day 4:
    None of us should waste our time

Submission for Day5:
    This proverb may not hold good these days

Submission for Day 6:
    Teach the concept of savings to the children

Submission for Day 7:
    Never wait till everything is alright

Submission for Day 8:
    Money is coming from trees?

Submission for Day 9:
    Carelessness is our enemy

drrao
    always confident

I would also like to participate in this contest.

1.1st July:March past or March fast-where are we?

2. 2nd July: A talk with the mobile-by a student

3. 3rd July: Match or mismatch, which is your choice?

4. 4th July: Never fall, never fail-set an example

5. 5th July: How often can you relate to your imagination?

6. 6th July: The uniform marching of ants

7. 7th July: Package money-a long awaited financial aid

8. 8th July: See-saw and sip on, express your views

9. 9th July: Morale of teachers are interrelated with students performance

Lead the leader

Below are my threads for A thread a day challenge contest-
    1st July: Practice life changing attitude of gratitude
    2nd July: Meditation is absolute stableness
    3rd July: When we change, the world around us changes
    4th July: What do you do when life gives you lemons
    5th July: Let creativity and imagination flourish
    6th July: Let's become a better version of who we are
    7th July: Do not blindly follow the path chosen by everyone
    8th July: Every day can be a fresh start
    9th July: What would you do on this day
    10th July: What do you value the most

My submission against the 13th B'day thread a day challenge is as follows -
    (1) 1st thread posted on 1st July 2020 - Efforts for making a career start right from class IX itself.

(2) 2nd thread posted on 2nd July 2020 - Lazy people would make all sort of excuses.

(3) 3rd thread posted 3rd July 2020 - Maintaining an achieved status is equally important as that of achieving it.

(4) 4th thread posted on 4th July 2020 - Moderation in our activities is a key to satisfying life.

(5) 5th thread posted on 5th July 2020 - Fast, medium or slow - what is your choice?

(6) 6th thread posted on 6th July 2020 - A successful courtship is one where people understand the compatibility with each other.

(7) 7th thread posted on 7th July 2020 - Are we really patriots in true sense?

(8) 8th thread posted on 8th July 2020 - Live life like brothers do business as strangers.

(9) 9th thread posted on 9th July 2020 - No act of kindness is small.

(10) 10th thread posted on 10th July 2020 - In modern era it does not matter whether we have a son or a daughter.

Knowledge is power.

My friends say I am missing in action. So I am back after a few months. I accept this challenge and take this opportunity to become regular.

Here are my Entries :
    1. 1 st July (Thread 1) - When my thoughts and prayers were with them....
    2. 2nd July (Thread 2) - Don't waste words when silence is better option!
    3. 3rd July (Thread 3) - If you were to become an artist for a day, what mural would you want to paint?
    4. 4th July (Thread 4) - Devotion is more important than celebrating a festival!
    5. 5th July (Thread 5) - Beware of the news captions that are deceptive!
    6. 6th July (Thread 6) - A thing of beauty before you is an only joy forever!
    7. 7th July (Thread 7) - When challenge has become a challenge...
    8. 8th July (Thread 8) - Do you think learning a new language is important in career progression?
    9. 9th July (Thread 9) - How'd you feel when you have to attend continuous phone calls while awaiting an important call?
    10. 10th July (Thread 10) - Role of Economics in Love!

Regards,
    Jagdish

With the challenge starting today, here's my list of entries-
    1. 1st July: Will online classes sound the death knell for campus libraries and textbooks?
    2. 2nd July: From the rocking horse to the rocking chair
    3. 3rd July: One skill glad not to have!
    4. 4th July: Studying is not related to books alone
    5. 5th July: Whatever - the easy way out?
    6. 6th July: Tuneless music is as much fun as melodious ones
    7. 7th July: Academics to career-not quite a neatly solved jigsaw puzzle
    8. 8th July: Pocket-size carrier or store room?
    9. 9th July: Gifting joy to a child

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Let me accept the challenge. Earlier, I used to post threads on a regular basis but unable to do so nowadays because of my schedule. For the past few days, I was thinking of posting a thread each day on a regular basis and taking up this challenge to see how far I can keep it. If this challenge can become a habit then it will be very good.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Here goes my entries:

1st July: When postponement becomes a boon

2nd July: Don't be fascinated too much with the educational qualifications

3rd July: At last I found the Father of Invention

4th July: If love grows on trees!

5th July: Do you think identity is required if there is no communication?

6th July: How faith makes a difference?

7th July: If the road never ends, the drive becomes exciting

8th July: Then they will have no jobs

9th July: When they couldn't find an accomplice they invented one

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My entries are here:
    1st July: Do not compare your children with others

2nd July: Regularly visit the school of your children to take progress report

3rd July: Good manners are the best gift for our children

4th July: What measures should be adopted to develop skills in the students?

5th July: Happy Guru Purnima to all

6th July: Is it correct to evaluate a student only on the basis of the examination?

7th July: Do you like online classes of your children?

8th July: Discuss: Should the number of days for vacation next year be reduced?

9th July: Share a mischievous memory of your childhood

10th July: Do you still wear wrist watch? If yes, why?

Honesty is the best policy.

My entry:

1st thread Complicated work is easy to handle than an intricate person on 01.07. 2020

2nd thread Being naive is unacceptable in today's world of deceits on 02.07.2020

3rd thread Little imperfection has its own beauty on 03.07.2020

4th thread Life goes on after a loved one's death, is it true?on 04.07.2020

5th thread Life is not a 100-metre race but a hurdle race on 05.07.2020

6th thread To be sensible is not everything, be sensitive too on 06.07.2020

7th thread Do you miss your school friends?on 07.07.2020

8th thread What attracts you the most brain or emotion? on 08.07.2020

9th thread Life isn't rosy always, so what? on 09.07.2020

shampasaid

Here are my entries

1st July - Men and women from the Indian armed forces – our unsung heroes
    2nd July - Barbarians in police uniform
    3rd July - Wonder why petrol prices are rising
    4th July - Advise or advice - always confused between the two
    5th July - How good are homeopathy medicines
    6th July - Why clock hands move clockwise
    7th July - There is no day more remarkable than the day we were born
    8th July - To succeed you have to fail over and over
    9th July - Keep moving to balance the cycle of life
    10th July - Guys, how are you managing your haircut

My entries goes on like this

Day 1 - July 1- 'God of food' struggling with everyday needs

Day 2 - July 2- Middlemen : Termites for the nation

Day 3 - July 3- Urgently required - A software developer to develop a unique software

Day 4- July 4- From 'Stitched' to 'Readymade'

Day5- July 5- Women and Men are an integral part of each other

Day 6- July 6- Blessings of elders pacify the mind

Day 7 - July 7- Ice breaking- Let's do it

Day 8 - July 8- Which color would you like to add

Day9 - July 9- A patriot, always within the heart

Monika Kushwaha

Here are my entries:

July 1, 2020 Lockdown Vs Ecological Restoration

July 2, 2020 Online Wildlife Safari – A Good Initiative to Reduce Direct Pressure on Ecology and Environment

July 3, 2020 Small Efforts towards Biodiversity Conservation

July 4, 2020 My Friend Ganesha (Elephants) seen in the Middle Himalaya

July 5, 2020 Eco-friendly and Zero-waste Alternatives of Kitchen Wares and Restaurants

July 6, 2020 Amazing and Mysterious Phenomena of Plants

July 7, 2020 Biomedical Waste Generation and its Proper Disposal during COVID 19 and Post COVID 19

July 8, 2020 The World's Largest Living Structure on the Earth is Coming Soon….The Great Green Wall

July 9, 2020 Need for Regular Awareness about Waste Segregation to MC Workers

This is my entry for day 2, the 2nd of July 2020.

lets salute the single-parent mother text

AB Sivakumar - we are supposed to submit the links to all the entry-threads in a single response. Do not submit the URL of every thread in separate responses. Please refer to the responses given by me, Venkiteswaran and Saji.

I missed to see this contest notification. Can i still participate? Starting from today??
    Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

Deepti Shriram,

Just start posting and giving the links here even though the challenge and the prizes are for submissions for every single day starting from 1st July. Who knows? The admin. may decide to award a few consolation prizes even if a couple of days are missed out!!

In that case, i will post 2 threads today. For making up to the back log of 1 July 2020. Thanks for immediate response.

Deepti Shriram,

You can post as many threads as you like on a day like it is on any other day. However, for this contest, you can submit as an entry only one thread of each day. So if you post even three threads today, you should (i) submit the link to any one of them only for this contest and (ii) at the end of that particular thread, you need to give a link to this announcement thread.

Please read all the instructions very carefully that have been put up in this announcement thread. You can see how other members are submitting the entries here and how the links are being given in their threads.

A thread a day challenge : Threads from Deepti Shriram

Thread 1
    Health conscious future generation is the best outcome of this pandemic

Thread 2
    Placement records or fees budget what is more important in MBA admissions decision?

Thread 3
    India Prime Minister on LAC is a strong statement

Thread 4
    Rise in online education may result in decrease in study abroad aspirants?

Thread 5
    Voot, Amazon Prime or Hot Star which is your favorite streaming app?

Thread 6
    ISC is an earning opportunity and a mind refresher in this time of crisis

Thread 7
    Guided Meditation Apps or Self Meditation what is your choice?

Thread 8
    US walking on India's footprints to ban Chinese Apps

Thread 9
    Can online education replace the conventional teaching for pre-primary kids?

This is my thread for day 3, that is, today.

Police brutality can group and personal counseling help?

Participants are requested to kindly note the update about prizes.

Sivakumar, please post your updates in a single response as suggested. Refer #701444 and other clarifications issued in this connection.

Following are the links to my ISC Birthday contest threads:-
    1. July 1st thread:-
    Do you think our younger lot working in the right direction?
    2. July 2nd thread:-What are the ways to nurture morality in young children?"
    3. July 3rd thread:-Spoon feeding is not the way to groom a young child
    4. July 4th thread:- Just imagine the situation if Smartphones were discovered before our generation........
    5. July 5th Thread:- If God creates all the mammals with brains like humans, how the life will be on earth?
    6. July 6th Thread:-Do you support Online classes in the present academic year for school-going children?
    7. 7th July Thread:-Do you agree or disagree-Fear is a good attribute for an individual?
    8. 8th July Thread:-What are the five recently installed useful Apps. on your Smartphone?
    9. 9th July thread:- Do you agree that money can buy everything in this world till we live?
    10. 10th July Thread:-Problems, solutions and suggestions corner for School going children

Saji Sir, I now understand that I need to give my entries for three days at a stretch. Okay. I shall mention for my entries for three days, starting today, in a short while from now. Thanks.

Sivakumar, is it so confusing? All your entries in a single response is the requirement.

Here are my entries for day 4 and thereafter>-

4th July 2020:- it always takes two to tango

5th July 2020:- never say never again

6th July 2020:- how often do we look inwards at ourselves for our mistakes

7th July 2020:-immunity research should be our priority number one

8th July 2020:- creating an institutional infrastructure for small loans

9th July 2020:- Let's learn the spirit of endurance from those below us

10th July 2020:- happiness is always doing the small things right

Sivakumar, why don't you understand? One thread a day and a link to the common response. Got it?

I have deleted the links to posts you submitted for the subsequent days.

Saji Sir, How can I list the topics for the next three days? That is when the thread is not even published? And how has Vandana Madam for example, done it? I mean, in advance?

Please do clarify. If I can give the link every day, I can jolly well do it and be happy. The other procedures are totally confusing. Please do guide me.

Sivakumar sir, please. Why are you so confused? Post a thread daily for the contest and interlink. Simple!

I have noticed this confusion with you earlier too.

AB Sivakumar,

I am not submitting threads in advance nor is anyone else. What we are doing is listing our threads in the same response in which we put the very first thread's link of 1st July, after we raise each thread.

So in #701211, where you have given the link to the first thread, put the links systematically to all your threads in that same response, giving the date of each. It's as simple as that.

[we are not allowed to use HTML tags but using them here as an exception to emphsize what needs to be done since you are having difficulty in understanding the instructions]

Thank you Vandana Madam. I have now understood how it works.

Mr. Sivakumar,
    It is like using one pot to pour different liquids and make it cocktail.
    In this thread, You have posted your first response and gave a link to your first-day thread. Subsequently, on the next day and subsequent days, get into the same response, use edit button and add your second day, third day......posts links.
    Very simple. Why confusion. Have a look at the other 20 participants to learn it.

No life without Sun

Here are my entries:

July 4: Doing Investments at the right time makes you feel secured

July 5: Do we need Wild Animals or Wild People?

July 6: Planting Money Plants in home Good or Myth?

July 7: Awareness towards the increase of TV Serials

July 8: Does Corruption have Direct link with the Government Officials?

July 9: WonderLady in Kitchen

July 10: The habit of saving Passwords

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

Ajai Maliackal,

Your threads are all dated 4th July so kindly put the correct date against each and from tomorrow onwards don't miss out on any day.

Other participants are also requested to please put the dates against each thread instead of just thread no. 1, 2, 3 and so on. Of course, the jury panel will be checking the dates to confirm the challenge is taken on correctly, but it would be good to be thorough in your list of entries. You see, in case you want to check back at any time, you can right away see for yourself the dates and not have to re-check the individual threads all over again.

Can a member join in the middle and participate in this A Thread a day challenge" contest?

Yes, Venkitewaran sir, if participation is the aim. One thread a day starting from the 1st to 15th is the benchmark though.

Good going friends! Please do not let the spirit dwindle.

Dear ISC,
    I suggest every thread author should select one(Only one) best answer from the responses they receive to their thread post. A member who gets most of his responses as the best response from the authors should also be a criteria while selecting the winner of the challenge contest.

Request issue a directive to this effect.

No life without Sun

I find most members posting the threads promptly but less number of members showing interest to respond to the others threads. If more members try to respond to others threads, the contest become more lively.

I agree with Ramakrishna and I really wish to do so. In fact, I am going to attempt that as well whenever I get the laptop free to use (we are sharing one) and have time from editing to do so. I also suggest that members attempt variations, not just in topics but also in length. Take up simple, mundane topics and not only serious subjects; consider trying to incite others to respond with a mere four or five sentences, etc. Write happy threads, humourous ones, share some unique experiences at home or on a trip, and so on. Don't box your thoughts to only the categories available for you to place a thread. Look far, look beyond - the forum can be utilized as a canvas that is as vast as the sky!

Saji Sir, the same black block menace is back. It has not allowed me to have any peace of mind. I have duly submitted my piece and I will also update it here. However, please do take it on record, as it will read "this is my entry for the.."

I really do not know whether this black box has fallen in love with me!! And why!!!

AB Sivakumar,

The black box issue was reported to Tony Sir and he has been trying to fix it. It is possible it is connected to the My Alerts feature. Check if you see the black box only when you look at your submitted post (any section) via the My Alerts list. It is the link via the My Alerts that brings up the old template, so then the side panes and bottom are covered over with black because the new features in these areas are part of the new template.

Anyway, whatever it is, I don't see why it should bother you so much. Just put up your content and not bother about such minor things. Frankly, why you get all worked up and stressed about little things as long as these do not have an impact on the actual content (let's say the text does not appear or is getting deleted) is not understood. Just relax will you!

• Sign In to post your comments