You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

A school box - creative writing contest winners

Finally, got my heart's desire fulfilled to see a good number of entries for at least one of my conceptualized contests. We received 22 entries for the creative story writing contest on a school box. Yippee!!

I and a team of non-participating editors nominated the best stories and from them selected the following winners-
    The first prize of Rs.125/- goes to:
    Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for his story Story of an aluminium school box ~ "I became dirty and he had no time to wash me and had no time for me. But whenever I saw him enjoying with his bag I became happy that my friend was enjoying" - a hidden thought-provoking message for all of us.
    and
    Padmini for her story The question box- My favourite school box
    ~ A well-written story, bringing out the typical curiosity of a young student wanting to know something that cannot quite be asked directly, with a unique box at the core.

The second prize of Rs.100/- (it was decided to give two though only one was announced) goes to:
    Srimathi for her story Second child's first school geometry box
    ~ The hand-me downs from an older to a younger sibling rankles; a scenario that plays out in many homes, etched out beautifully in this story, though, with one of the best links given.
    and
    Aditya Mohan for his story The mysterious First Aid box in school
    ~ Friends animatedly discussing the box, wild imaginations, a quarrel, the teacher stepping in...did bring a smile to your face, didn't it?!

We quite enjoyed reading those wonderfully creative works and congratulate all the winners. The entry of Monika Kushwaha on the Barbie school box has been selected for the max. cc of Rs.25/- as announced.
    Hearty congratulations Haikumuddin Kuwakhedwala and Padmini for winning the first prize in creative writing contest on school box. I too loved the question box wherein the psychology of a student is taken care off.

Well done! Srimathi and Aditya Mohan for winning the second prize. The tantrums of students was well depicted by Aditya Mohan.

Finally, congrats Monika Kushwaha for getting the maximum cash credits for barbie school box, a lovable name by all kids.

Lead the leader

Hearty congrats to all the School Box winners. Haikkumudin, Padmi, Srimathi and Aditya Mohan have done extremely well. Well Done. Keep it up.
    No life without Sun

My best wishes and hearty congrats to all the competition entry winners. Haikkumudin, Padmi, Srimathi and Aditya Mohan and a word of appreciation for Monika.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There were a good number of entries in this contest and I have gone through them and as well enjoyed participating in it as it gave us a good opportunity to sharpen our writing skills. Now the results are announced and I congratulate the winners Haikkumudin, Padmi, Srimathi, Aditya Mohan, and Monika for their respective awards. Well done members and keep up this spirit. These contests are a big opportunity for all of us and I wish that more and more members contribute in them. Every time we participate in a contest we learn a new thing. So keep on submitting entries for such contests time to time. All the best.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to all the winners of creative writing contest - The first prize winners Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Padmini, The second prize winners Srimathi and Aditya Mohan and special prize winner Monika Kushwaha. As mentioned in the announcement, it was indeed good to note that we had 22 entries for the competition and the turn-out of such huge numbers is applauding. I would also like to wish all the participants for coming up with good and valuable entries and organiser/jury for their time and activeness.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Congratulations to all the school box winners. I also enjoyed a lot in participating and reading story of other participant. It is really a good opportunity for us learning by this kind of contest. My best wishes to all winner. Keep it up.

Hearty congratulations to Hakimuddin and Padmini for the first prize, Srimathi and Aditya for the second prize and Monika for the special mention! It was a good show altogether and the number of entries is no doubt encouraging. Let us have more such contests with many more members participating.
    “It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

My heartfelt congratulations to the winners of 'School box', Hakimuddin, Padmini, Srimathi, Aditya Monika. This topic is actually dragged many of us to the school day thoughts.

Many congratulations to Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Padmini Ma'am for the first prize, Srimathi and Aditya Mohan for the second prize and Monika Kushwaha for the special prize. Well done and keep it up.

Congratulation to Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Padmini- First Prize winners.
    Congratulations to Aditya Mohan ad Srimathi -the second Prize winners.

Congratulations to Monika Kushwaha for getting the maximum cc for her entry.

Congratulations to all participants.

My congratulations to all the winners of the creative writing contest and my appreciation to Vandana Ma'am for conceptualizing this contest on an interesting topic. We all have memories attached to our student days in schools and remembering one such memory attached to any of a box is like going back to those days and feeling nostalgic. Well done Vandana Ma'am and my best wishes to all the participants of this contest.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My hearty congratulations to Ms Padmini for winning first prize for the creative writing contest. I also want to congratulate Srimathi and Aditya Mohan for winning second prizes. A hearty congratulation to Monika Kushwaha for getting maximum CC for her entry.

A big thanks to ISC for selecting my entry for the first prize.

Thank you very much to all the members for their best wishes.

Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to all the winners. A very good response to the contest and many are very well written. I wish all the winners will continue their good work and win many more awards in the coming weeks.
    drrao
    always confident

My heartiest congratulations to Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Padmini Ma'am for winning the contest. I also extend my congratulations to Srimathi and Ad it ya Mohan for winning second prize. It is pleasant to note the number of entries were quite good this time.
    Let's enlighten paths with the ray of knowledge.
    Monika Kushwaha

Heartiest congratulations to Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for his story award-winning story of an aluminium school box and Padmini for her prized story "The question box". I read both of them and must say I liked both of them a lot. It was also a pleasure seeing so many participants, and at the same time, I regret the fact of missing out on this contest myself. While I congratulate all the contestants and the award-winners in particular, I am looking forward to actively participating in such interesting contests in the future. And last but not the least, I must thank the ISC administration, particularly the Managing Editor Vandana Madam, for conceptualizing such amazing contests on the one hand, and on the other, conducting them so nicely and efficiently.
    Regards,
    Poulami Bakshi

Thank you ISC for considering my story for first prize. I congratulate Mr. Hakimuddin for sharing the first prize. I also congratulate both the second prize winners and Monika for securing their prizes. It was indeed a fun contest that made me rewind my school days memories and I really enjoyed participating in the same. I read all the entries and liked childhood memories attached with each of them.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.
    The cash reward and points to Monika will be added to her entry thread.

“It is better to change an opinion than to persist in the wrong one." – Socrates

It was a very interesting contest and had rekindled the memories of our school time. I congratulate the winners Hakimuddin, Padmini, Srimathi, Aditya, and Monika for their respective awards. Well done members.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Please note that all non-winning participants will also be getting enhanced points and cc for their entries if deserving within the next two days. However, entries that were judged to be invalid for not following the rules will get only points and no cc.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Many congratulations to Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Padmini ji for the first prize, Srimathi and Aditya Mohan for the second prize and Monika Kushwaha for the special prize. Keep up the good work!
    Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

I congratulate all the prize winners of the creative writing contests. Their stories were prize-worthy indeed. Keep it up!
    shampasaid

My hearty congratulations to Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Padmini for getting the first prize in the school box creative writing contest. I also congratulate Srimathi and Aditya Mohan for getting the second prize and Barbie School box for winning a cash prize.
    Regards
    Rizwan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.