You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Movies do convey some universal life lesson

We all like to watch movies and it is often termed as an entertainment medium. A good movie is made by good story/script, good actors/casting, good sound/music, direction, cinematography, costumes, make-ups, good editing, screening, etc. When all of it gelled together, a great movie is produced which provides a good story be it emotional, romantic, current issues, politics, peoples plight, motivational/inspirational, the life of some great people, etc. When any one of the above is not merged, it affects the movie and can destroy the full movie.

Let me pen down some movies that convey some universal life lesson:
    On Politics: Rajneethi, Guru, Yuva, Sarkar, Dusari Ghosta
    On education: Tare Zameen Par, 3 Idiots, Chalk n Duster
    On Media: Rann, Page 3, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindusthani, Peepli Live
    On force: Boarder, URI, LOC, 1971 Beyond Borders
    On People: I am Kalam, The man who knew Infinity, The Quantum Indians, Manjhi, the mountain man
    Real-life incidents: 26/11, Bombay, Malang, Virus
    On Sports: Chak De, Bigal, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, 1983, Captain
    On Great heros: Manikarkina, Tanaji,
    On Motivation: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Iqbal, Koshish, Sur — The Melody of Life, Uyare, Take-of

There are many more movies and in different languages that actually can be treated as a lesson to learn or inspired by. There are many masala movies just made to earn money or entertain people but we can even learn a lot from this medium and make it a mean to learn something new. Can you name some movies that you liked and added some value in respect to knowing real incidents, people, history, etc.

(My 5th entry for the ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge )
    I remember seeing Hindi Movie " Manthan" dealing on co-operative movement-Milk co-operatives. It was in the seventies. Though I do not recall all details, I remember the hero's character as an honest officer with sincerity and dreams. That gave me idea about the villages in other parts of India. From then onwards I had a great regard for co-operative movement. That gave me to have an idea on Amul.
    The main actors were Girish Karnad and Smita Patil,, quite good acting.
    Another Movie in Hindi which impressed me much was "Koshish". A story of, the mutually complimentary and supplementary life between blind person and deaf and dumb persons. That was quite a moving story. It really touched my heart.
    Another movie I recall now is Malayalam movie "Nirmalyam" also in early seventies depicting the poverty in traditional pious families and the restless youth due to sever unemployment. The climax is the real one- the temple Oracle turns against the deity due to haplessness

There are many such films. There are many movies on God and Goddesses that brings out the glory of the deities with many stories attached to it. Tamil films Thiruvilaiyadal (Siva) Kanthan Karunai (Muruga). And also to know about the great heroes of the epics like" Karnan" ( A hero from Mahabharath) Bhakta Kushela (Friendship between Krishna and sudhama).

I loved one good old Hindi film " Do Aanken Bharah Haath" that depicted a police inspector changing the life of six hardcore criminals.
    In Tamil, The film "Paasa Malar' that depicts the love between a brother and sister.

No life without Sun

There are many movies in Telugu also which give us the historical facts and tells about various Puranas and epics which are to be known by a common man. In many of such movies, N T Rama Rao was the hero.
    Bhishma, a story which tells the life history of the great warrior who protected Hasthinapuram throughout his life and gave up marriage to see that Satyavathi will marry the father of Bhishma. In this movie NTR was Bhishma.
    Lava Kusa is another film which tells about the Uttara Ramayanam. NTR is Rama in this movie. There are many movies like this. Eka Veers is a historical movie in which NTR is the hero. Krishna Devaraya movie is also there.
    I liked the movie Bahu Bali 1 and 2. These two movies are very high budget movies with a lot of technical values and Raja Mouli is the director.

drrao
    always confident

In Telugu, there are many great movies that give us great life lessons. Lakshmi Nivasam is a Telugu movie in which a father teaches a great lesson to his children how important is to spend money in a judicious way. Similarly, Letha Manasulu is a movie that teaches us how the quarreling behavior of the parents will affect young children. Ankuram is another movie that tells us if we go for kindness in helping others may some times affect our lives. Tata Manavudu is another Telugu movie that teaches us the way the parents behave in their life will also be followed by their children. Surigadu is another movie where a son cheats his poor father as he sacrifices everything for him to excel high in life. As he became a rich person he feels shy to tell his uneducated poor father as his father with his friends. But later he realizes the truth and honors father.

The movies have brought a lot of useful life messages. And I often watch movies on the thoptv app at Techbigs

There are some good movies which make an impression on us and we remember them throughout our lives. On the other hand there are some routine masaala movies which are only a time pass.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

There are lots of movies which spreads good messages like the English movie ` The pursuit of happiness ' portrays the life of a hardworking father who works hard and takes care of his son by himself . Movies like `Forrest Gump ', `unbroken' and `pele' are also very inspiring to watch .

Albert, please do not respond to threads that are ten or more days older and are no longer active.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.