You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Voot, Amazon Prime or Hot Star which is your favorite streaming app?

These days we are getting chance to watch various quality content on Mobile, tabs or even on the high-end television sets. Gone are the days when we would have to wait for the TV channels to stream our favorite movie. Now soon after the film is off the big screen, we get it on the any streaming apps. Also, there are many short films / Full movies which are released directly on the streaming apps. Many films available on the Amazon Prime, Voot and Hot Star are never released in theater. Not only films, we can also watch our favorite TV serials past episodes on these apps. Also, some very interesting web series are available in these apps.

For all these entertainment, we need to pay the apps membership fees. Some apps give limited content access to free users.

Comparing all the entertainment option available, membership fees and connectivity, which is the best streaming app in your view?

Day 5 of ISC 13th Birthday Special - A thread a day challenge
    I heard about all the Apps you mentioned. But I never enjoyed them except Voot that I watched a serial " Sankatam Theerkum Saneeswaran" in Tamil. As I am not interested in watching movies on the small screen, I don't wish to open my account in Amazon Prime, Hotstar or whatever channel is available to us in the web world.
    No life without Sun

I do not use any of these. I generally do not watch movies. But very rarely I watch them telecast in the popular TV channels. Recently I watched anold movie in MXplayer in browser.

Every change comes slowly and steadily. Both of you, Sun sir and Venkiteswaran sir, mentioned that you are not much familiar with the Apps such as, Voot, Amazon Prime and Hot Star.

But you yourself have a small step towards this next generation entertainment Apps, as Sun sir watched TV serial in Voot and Venkiteswaran sir watched a movie in MXplayer.

Thanks for sharing your views about latest Streaming Apps.

Life is God's Gift !! Appreciate Life !! Thank you Universe !!

I am not using any of these apps and not aware of their relative strength. What I have heard from some of my friends and neighbours is that Amazon prime is the good one in this category of apps.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Hi,
    I think you have to choose your favourite TV serial o TV series, not to choose the streaming app because streaming app is a collection of many TV series. You cannot love or like the all TV series of one streaming app. But if you ask it to me personally, then I like Amazon prime and hotstar.The TV series of these channels are much more interesting like one TV series of Lara Dutta. This app are chargeable also. But some series are available on the streaming app freely.

Be +ve live +ve,
    Madan_SD.

I do not subscribe to these channels or any other which gives access to latest movies. I only see a new movie if it becomes much popular and gives me an opportunity to write its review for publishing in internet sites. Occasionally, I view old movies which are easily available in the internet sites like YouTube and others. If we remember, there was a time when some people made it a point to view a movie on the first day of its release and then they could boast it to their friends that they have already seen it and waiting for the next friday for the release of another one. So, for such people these apps could be of immense help.
    Knowledge is power.

Amazon prime seems to be the best option for the viewers to have the best experience without any interruptions as other apps are not tried when the best thing is available.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Amazon prime is my favorite one. we can find many new Bollywood and Hollywood movies here, also some serial series.

Last weak I have complete a series - Breath .... that was superb, you all should watch it if interested in a thriller.
    Although I also not like thriller movies or series, this time I saw it and then I have decided to watch the second one season also.
    My mother has Voot on her mobile because she loves to watch TV serials, If there is no new episode then she started to watch the old one.

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.