You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

About writing an article enlisting major entrance test and links to respective exams on website

Dear Article section Editor

I wish to create an article which will have list of all Entrance examinations in India, with link to respective exam on this website. I will also put in a line of description about the entrance examination.

If it be alright, I will create separate article for listing articles for the following fields:
    1. Engineering
    2. Management
    3. Science
    4. Computer Applications
    5. Law
    6. Pharmacy
    7. Arts
    8. Education
    9. Commerce
    10. Medical
    11. Architecture
    12. Design
    13. Agriculture
    14. Hotel Management
    15. Paramedical
    16. Veterinary Sciences
    17. Mass Communications
    18. Study Abroad
    19. Vocational Courses
    20. Dental

This will help in two ways:
    1. The above fields will cover most of the entrance exams in India, if not all. These articles will help new comers to easily find al related entrance exams in a quick manner. The best link for all related articles would be the related keyword.
    2. We will be able to identify which entrance exams are not there already in the website. Also which ones are outdated.

Requesting to kindly let me know, if I can allowed to create such an article.
    Your initiative is encouraging, editors will reply you shortly.
    Lead the leader

Amruta, it appears that the editors have somehow missed this thread. Don't worry. While your concept is good, I will put it up to the section editors for their opinion/ feedback and suggestions for modalities to be followed etc. Please wait for a response.
    “The door to wisdom is knowing yourself." Anonymous

Amruta,

We welcome such informative articles but just check via the search box if any of the ones you have mentioned have been covered earlier, since from time to time we've had article-based contests in which detailed information is already submitted.

We assume that you will write separate articles for each field, so accordingly put an appropriate title for SEO. Example: Entrance exams for engineering admissions in India; or Entrance exams for MBA and management courses admissions in India, Entrance exams for hospitality college admissions in India, etc. Do not mention the year as these will then be retained as evergreen articles and can be updated in the future if there are changes in eligibility criteria or other aspects.

I would suggest that you put the words entrance exams, admissions, and India in every title and other keywords can be put in either the title or the summary. Thus, if you put 'management courses' in the title, then in the summary you could put 'MBA colleges'; similarly, if you put 'hospitality' in the title, then in the summary put 'hotel management'.

You can put one external link to the official website with the 'target-blank' attribute so that it opens in a new tab. Do not, though, give any links to pdf docs that provide instructions or even of the brochure, as these often get removed later from the official website to be replaced with a new updated one.

You could submit just one article initially and accordingly we will check and give you suggestions if required to improve on it. Let us know if further clarifications are required.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Dear Vandana,

1. I intend to list all exams on one article, divided in the above mentioned sections. Further, I want to link each exam to a "Related Keyword". Through the Related keyword, a reader should be able to view all past and present pertinent articles.
    2. Thus if the "Related Keyword" is not there, then it would mean that there are no articles for that exam on the website or the existing articles are not linked to a "Related Keyword".
    3. For example, In the listing article I would use Related Keyword link: https://www.indiastudychannel.com/topics/jee-advanced for JEE Advanced Exam. Same for PUCET exam and others.

Writing articles is definitely the goal, but the intention of this tabulated listing articles with all exam names and link to their "Related Keyword" is to see which exams are not mentioned on the website. This would encourage writers to do write on exams where we have paucity.

I hope I have clarified my intention. Basically, a list of all exam names with acronyms, with a description on each of them and being linked to their respective Related Keyword Link.

Amruta,

I am a little doubtful as I feel it is too vast to put exams of 20 fields in one single article. I will consult Tony Sir on this. Please wait for a revert.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Amruta,

As per feedback from Tony Sir, you may submit the article if it is not over 3000 words. If it stretches beyond that, it will be over lengthy so, in that case, you can split the article into two sections, putting some fields in one and the rest in the second one, inter-linking the two.

okay thank you. I will begin soon.

I have begun writing on the article. But will need your guidance. Please find attached a screenshot of how the listing is looking like. It will eventually have links to it.

Delete Attachment

Checking it out.

Dear Vandana, Article Editors

I have prepared my articles but have kept them in Draft mode. I am unsure if you would be able to access them or not, but the links are given below for you to review:
    Entrance Examination for India and Abroad Admissions - A to K
    Entrance Examination for India and Abroad Admissions - L to Z

I have put all of them the ISC homepage link as of now.

I would now need the Related Keyword link for the Entrance Exam. Do we already have Related Keyword for all of them? I can search them or add them.

But when I wrote the article for PUCET 2020, I created a Related Keyword https://www.indiastudychannel.com/topics/pucet
    But it is leading to error page.
    What shall I do? Request your guidance.

If you may not be able to view the article, I shall put it as published.

Amruta,

The Webmasters do have access to drafts of articles, so I will request Tony Sir to check it out. You will have to check for yourself if there are relevant pages to put for the linked words. I am not sure if it makes sense to put a link to the exam of a particular year only as in the subsequent years it will not be relevant to have it linked there. Instead, find the college or university or any article which is giving information in general about the entrance exam and link those. Will inquire with Tony Sir about this as well.

Vandana

I did not say that I will link to a particular exam article.

I said I will link to the related keyword. This related keyword should ideally be in all articles for that entrance exam.
    Check this link for example on JEE Advanced
    (Link now corrected)

Alright, Amruta, understood even though your response is incomplete!

Vandana, Article section editors
    I started to try to find out any Keywords or articles related to the entrance exams. And I am feeling quite disappointed to what I find.
    1. I am not able to find Related Keywords for these entrance exams.
    2. Even though I find some articles for some of the entrance exam, they are old articles. Some are from 2012 to 2017. There are no articles for current year entrance exam.

This shows there is a need of articles for all entrance exams which are recent. We need Related Keyword which would be the acronym of the exam name. This will help connect Entrance Exam to courses and colleges.

If we do not have the Related Keywords and we do not have recent articles, then these two articles of mine are futile and worthless.

Do let me know your guidance on the same.

I checked the linked article drafts but they are not marked for deletion. Did this discussion came to a logical conclusion?
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Tony Sir
    As I mentioned in my above message, unfortunately, I am not able to find any related keywords for the entrance exams. I searched for about 20 exams, but in vain.
    I feel that the articles will not be successful. That is why I removed them.

• Sign In to post your comments