You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Athletics

Did you enjoy or participate in any vigorous athletic sport?

In school, we've all had fun at the annual sports day, cheering the students who are of our House, and participating in a few events too. Have you enjoyed any track and field event other than the athletic races? For example, hurling the shot put or discus, leaping into the air in a long jump event or jumping over hurdles - were these your forte or did you take part just for trying out something unique?
    Participation in sports is more important than winning the sport.

I enjoyed the frog race, children just hopped and missed all the tracks. It was also a physical exercise. We stood by the tracks encouraging them -hop, hop.

Sack race also was so interesting that children were inside the sack, held the sacks in their hands and jumped to reach the targets.

Lead the leader

I was always fascinated by the high jump and during my school days participated in that activity. Though I never excelled in that to get a position in the school during the annal day but I was happy just because that I participated in that interesting activity. It feels so nice as one glides down from height crossing above a rope. It is so thrilling. Every time they would raise the level by an inch or so and we would try to jump on that mark.
    Knowledge is power.

In my childhood, I used to enjoy 'Horse Jump', a play by one person bends forward, and others run and cross the person by keeping their hands on and keeping the legs wide apart. Later on, I found it in a gym. It used to be a wooden item with a cushion top. It used to be a tough exercise. Generally,, such horses are placed in obstacle races. I love jumping those horses. Another item is triple jump or half step and jump. It used to be a very thrilling jump.
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.